Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-09-20 - Red Square; Albany, NY  (Read 14105 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Setlist: 2007-09-20 - Red Square; Albany, NY
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2007, 03:01:27 pm »
Crap, I spent 12 hours editing Breakfast Digest instead of going to this show.  Oh well :)  Looks awesome!  I can\'t believe that little set went 2:40!

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2007, 03:45:39 pm »
i am *so* happy i made the last-minute decision to head to this show. 3 hours of sleep last night (ouch!) but im surviving. walsh you are the MAN for driving.

the crowd was unbelievable last night. i was honestly expecting another small, intimate breakfast show with a handful of peeps in a big cold room, but boy was i wrong! everyone that was there came to get DOWN! great energy and a FANTASTIC turnout. danced more last night than i have in probably a year and a half of breakfast shows. awesome!

i\'d say it was probably the first time in like 2 years i\'ve been happy to hear Beef Barley. hot.
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2007, 03:54:24 pm »
Quote from: princesscaspian;159425

i\'d say it was probably the first time in like 2 years i\'ve been happy to hear Beef Barley. hot.

Its beautiful to have the jammed out Beef Barley back to summer 2005 form. Fucking great jam into from Tunage, listening to it now and it is sick.

quite possibly the greatest Breakfast show I have seen.

The set was suppose to be 90 minutes and they barely got through half the setlist by then. Great to hear patience and the art of music being used finely.

Glad to see Nugget Fest didn\'t ruin your whole work day.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 03:54:24 pm by Spacey »
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2007, 04:10:33 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;159428

HA it sure did brah. i\'m still not feeling right....but it was that awful nasty whiskey concoction that really did me in though. :thumbsdow
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2007, 04:23:39 pm »
last night was off the hook.

here are some pictures. Uploading them was a bitch so i only did the best ones.
enjoy

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?&mode=fromsite&collid=41224137512.34957826712.1190405943738&conn_speed=1
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 04:26:58 pm by sallyalli »
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2007, 04:33:05 pm »
that link doesn\'t work alli

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2007, 04:36:27 pm »
^^
no dice on that hyperlink
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2007, 04:38:34 pm »
hmm...let me try something else...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=ixrsc2w.g24zjq0&x=0&y=5x8nek

^^^ this is the one
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 04:56:56 pm by sallyalli »
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2007, 04:52:00 pm »
HOLY SHIT! that had to be one of the best 1 set breakfast shows i\'ve seen. totally mindblowing. i honestly did not expect much going into the show thinking it would be a 90 min 1 setter. sick eschers gravity wich, mayfly, tunage, beef, all songs were played top notch last night. definitely enjoyed my first experience at the red square. i would love to see the guys play there again soon.

Quote from: Spacey;159428
nugget fest got the best of me. from this point forward, if anyone ever sees me eating mcdonalds when i\'m drunk please just kick my ass. i will not get mad at you.

it very nice to meet you patch adams.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2007, 05:34:09 pm »
Quote from: sallyalli;159447
hmm...let me try something else...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=ixrsc2w.g24zjq0&x=0&y=5x8nek

^^^ this is the one

good times.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Ren

• what?
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2007, 08:12:58 pm »
this show was absolutely tremendous.  i will never forget it.  the music was incredible, the sandwiches were filthy.  the crowd was great.  getting smashed by asses was funny.  everyone was fuckin\' dancing there asses off.  i can\'t remember the last time i danced that much, instead of doing my crossed arm hand on chin thing.  people actually appeared to be dancing to and with eachother.  

echer\'s>gravity>echer\'s was HUGE!  gravity was over the top.  mayfly out-did itself once again and i think this one might be waaaaay out of reach for a while though i hope i\'m proven wrong.  tunage>beef>tunage was fantastic.  all the jams were just completely insane.  

tlatg>oe was something i won\'t ever forget.  just standing there with my eyes closed or so i think as it was time for them to  build it up to over exposure was amazing.  i just let go and let the music do what it wanted with me.  by the time ron sang the first line i was for some reason out of breath, though i wasn\'t actually doing anything, normally this could be attributed to fatness, but not this time ;)  i had no idea that it was a half hour long though.  shit was unbelivable.  people need to stop dying or almost dying it\'s really kinda upsetting.

young lust was a great surprise and a great way to drive everyone crazy to end the set.  honey butter is always going in these weird psychedelic directions that manage to cover new ground everytime.   when ellis started fuckin\' around with the lights i thought for a second that they were gonna start un-plugging shit.  it would\'ve been a crime if they did.

greatest "90 minute" set i\'ve ever seen.  monster versions of nearly everthing.  good to see everyone too, good to meet you booztrvlr.  dave and mike you mothafuckas are a blast....DEAD OR ALIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!  i seriously don\'t know how these guys keep from collapsing on stage sometimes.  it looked as if matt was meditating or something yet, i still heard something coming from the keys, who was playing it??!?

peaches said something like echer\'s and mayfly turning ito ser monsters....if they keep playing like this, i have a feeling that just about everything is gonna be a monster....bring on glady\'s, lit, doughboy and the rest of em!  bitches.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 08:15:10 pm by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
No title needed, it was that good
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2007, 09:23:32 pm »
Alright,

This is my first post on this forum...i decided to join today after last night, which was for certain one of the top 3 live shows I\'ve ever seen from ANY band, and Ive seen hundreds and hundreds of shows.  This was my 3rd time seeing them over the course of about 3 years (I saw them at Broadway Joe\'s in Buffalo in 2004 (spring \'05 maybe?), and at the Rack N Friends concert this summer).  Every time I see these guys there is a feeling of unbelievable intimacy between the band and the crowd that I don\'t get at any other show, and I cannot believe that guys this talented have not busted out and gotten way way more popular.  I think the way that The Breakfast interacts with the crowd, always in a humble, personal way makes these shows so special.

With that said, last night\'s show was unreal.  The energy that came from that stage...I thought I was going to spontaneously combust.  Half of the time I had my eyes closed taking in the unbelievable sounds and I literally did not stop moving for the ENTIRE show (I was directly in the front center the whole time with a collared shirt and shorts, dancing wildly, maybe some of you people saw me).  Tim is, in my opinion, one of the greatest rock guitar players of all time, his lines are constantly changing, out of the typical scale patterns, and extremely smooth and effortless.  The only other guitar player I know who can do what he does is Suke Cerulo from Scheigho.  These 2 guys are def my favorites.  Adrian is insane on the drums (Im a drummer myself)...his ability to create tension and buildups and remain in time is phenomenal, and he really has his own style...its hard to pick a drummer that he sounds a lot like.  Ron is a very solid bass player, and adding the keys player really adds a whole new dimension to the band.  The sound was so full last night, just incredible...there wasn\'t one dull moment to speak of.

I love the crowd...I dont know how many of you breakfastheads there were there that have seen them many times, and how many people were there just for that show, but whatever the case was, the crowd energy was insane.  I felt like a bonded without words with so many people there last night.  I\'m from Albany, so ive been to Red Square many times...its a wonderful venue.  A lot of people were posting about how this show had more energy than most shows this year.  I think that speaks for the "hidden" jam band scene that looms around Albany.  I went to Buffalo for undergrad school, and since it is the home of Moe., youd think there would be a good jam band scene, but there really isnt.  Albany always suprises me with how many loyal people come to good shows, and how many good shows we get in the area.  

I am going to start going to as many shows as I can get my hands on, these guys are really amazing.  I hope to meet more of you people at the next show I go to.  I didnt meet all that many new people, but I remember a lot of faces, so next time I\'ll mingle with the crowd before they play.

I will never forget this show, it was amazing.
DS Newbers

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2007, 09:33:50 pm »
welcome aboard, dave! congrats on being part of the epicness that went down last night!

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2007, 10:16:18 pm »
:Goosebumps: This is great to hear!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Ren

• what?
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2007, 01:00:18 am »
yeah, i\'m pretty sure i saw you.  i think you were one of the one\'s who kept hitting my arm when you danced, i nearly had to pull a move out of segal\'s book and snap a neck or two  with one hand.  obviously, i had no intentions of ripping off any lightning fast neck snaps, and was not bothered by the incidental arm contact that may have occured, i saw you and many other new or not so new faces movin\' like crazy, hopefully you all will spread the word and keep comng back and help get these guys the recognition they are so overly deserving of.  actually there were a lot of people i never saw before and they all seemed to know most of the songs and couldn\'t seem to get enough of it.  this is all very good.  don\'t mind my silliness, the excitement hasn\'t worn off yet.  see ya \'round!
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."