Author Topic: Rage\'s Zack de la Rocha Completes Solo Album  (Read 1007 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Rage\'s Zack de la Rocha Completes Solo Album
« on: September 19, 2007, 09:51:56 am »
Quick! Time to get a new algebra notebook, because you\'ll soon have a whole mess of new lyrics to scrawl all over the margins!

That\'s right: today comes news, via Billboard.com, that ex-ex-Rage Against the Machine frontman Zack de la Rocha has finished his very first solo record, a labor of love Zack has been attacking since Rage initially split back in 2000.

De la Rocha collaborated with Golden stickman and one-time Mars Volta/Royal Trux drummer Jon Theodore on the LP and recorded some of it at a studio belonging to acousti-surfer-dude Jack Johnson. Zack doesn\'t have a title for the record and is still considering his release options, so no word yet when he\'ll rally \'round your family with this pocket full of new songs.

It\'s also unclear whether post-millennial de la Rocha collaborations with DJ Shadow, ?uestlove, and Trent Reznor will make the LP. Billboard.com, however, quotes a source saying that Zack\'s first solo foray sounds like a mix of "Led Zeppelin and Dr. Dre. Some of it has the power you\'d expect from him in Rage." So there\'s that.

Witness this so-called power as the reunited Rage rock a pair of festivals in late October.

RAAAAAAAGE:

10-27 New Orleans, LA - City Park (Voodoo Music Experience)
10-28 Las Vegas, NV - Sam Boyd Stadium (Vegoose Festival)

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/45703-rages-zack-de-la-rocha-completes-solo-album

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 10:35:54 am »
Whoa, Rage is playing Vegoose?!?

I\'ll def pick up Zack De La Rocha\'s solo album when it hits the shevles. Especially if it sounds like a Led Zeppelin/Dr. Dre combination.
Smell my mule.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 02:53:19 pm »
interesting. will have to take a listen when a copy comes my way.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 06:16:54 am »
:hehehe: :bowdown:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 03:38:41 pm »
:banrock:>:burntban:
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 05:43:39 pm »
hope he\'s still droppin BOMB TRACKS

uhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 02:09:14 am »
I know Audioslave is dunbar, but is Rage offically back together?  Like making an album back together....
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 08:19:01 am »
Quote from: Me!;159337
I know Audioslave is dunbar, but is Rage offically back together?  Like making an album back together....

i thought i\'ve heard word that they are
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 09:30:31 am »
Am I the only one that\'s not that excited about this album?  Actually, I haven\'t been too excited about a Rage album after the second album.  I love these guys, but the fire from the first album hasn\'t been there and I hate when bands to a cover album, except Metallica\'s original 5.98 ep.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 11:41:52 am »
my theory is even the worst crap rage could come up with would still beat the shit out of most of the garbage that is out there right now.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 12:53:23 pm »
I don\'t disagree with you.  I just don\'t feel the same about any of their albums as I do the first.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 04:24:54 pm »
I think the Battle Of LA is some of the best shit Rage put out. It\'s only slightly less ragin\' then the 1st one IMO. I havn\'t heard anything about a new rage album, I think Tom Morrello like\'s being a folk singer these days.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 04:34:36 pm »
Yoda I hear you man, I\'ve had all 4 RATM albums on my mp3 player at work this week, listening to them all but mostly the first self titled album and Evil Empire.

The last 2 albums just dont stack up to the first two, and IMO the first self titled album is just a little bit better than Evil Empire (but its a close call)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 01:06:55 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;159374
my theory is even the worst crap rage could come up with would still beat the shit out of most of the garbage that is out there right now.

:that:
Quote from: Yoda;159391
I don\'t disagree with you.  I just don\'t feel the same about any of their albums as I do the first.

IMHO their albums got worse and worse.  Don\'t get me wrong, I really liked Evil Empire, but was it the first? hell no.  The first album was a CLASSIC, nothing will ever really stand up to it.  The other albums were good, but when you start on such a high note it\'s hard to live up to
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

spoon

• http://
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 01:05:41 pm »
Truth. I dont think anything comes close to the 1st Album. Raw energy never stops song to song.