Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-09-16 - Jake's; Wallingford, CT  (Read 8993 times)

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
Setlist: 2007-09-16 - Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2007, 09:05:29 am »
come on you greedy bitches share the wealth.... play a little closer to RI... New London...... shake it up a bit... damnit whose got my headie teleporting device
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2007, 10:03:44 am »
ya  new london gig would be pretty sweet...

i could organize some ser promoting for that area

the place that used to be the el \'n\' gee always seemed like a good spot for them....?

fartknockingtestaclepimples!!

-peaches
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 10:03:44 am by Lexington »
caress me, aunt jemima

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2007, 12:30:07 pm »
Quote from: leith;158925
Quote from: davepeck;158805
last Vera Street: 04/26/06
last QMATM: 07/28/06

Yes the return of these two songs is a glorious thing to hear!!!

Question Mark sounds amazing on the recording.

next up: cosmic spaceway rhyme
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2007, 12:38:25 pm »
That is over the top Brett.  What a great call Zuke...i gotta get a CSR on next weeks setlist at Jake\'s.  

Murray...present.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2007, 12:48:55 pm »
csr, for some reason, irritates the ever-livin\' schnot outta me. i think its the chorus. but vera st & ? & teh mind sounded great.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2007, 01:53:42 pm »
Quote from: WALSH;158983
That is over the top Brett.  What a great call Zuke...i gotta get a CSR on next weeks setlist at Jake\'s.  

Murray...present.

I\'ll start pushing it on Tim for ya.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2007, 02:26:21 pm »
i\'ve been asking for a cosmic spaceway rhyme since early spring but to no avail. havent seen one since my first show in april \'06. it was actually the opener too.
Smell my mule.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2007, 02:51:02 pm »
we can always have Gencs sneak one in while writing the set lists out for the band. Would be quite a sight to see them jamming and then look at the set list to see what the next tune is and have it be something they don\'t remember writing down.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2007, 03:36:35 pm »
Cosmic>Gypsy Girl>Cosmic dedicated to Al Z!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2007, 03:41:54 pm »
Quote from: Mark;159016
Cosmic>Gypsy Girl>Cosmic dedicated to Al Z!

Thanks Mark.  I\'d be glad to accept that one!
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2007, 04:14:50 pm »
Quote from: Lexington;158961
ya  new london gig would be pretty sweet...

i could organize some ser promoting for that area

the place that used to be the el \'n\' gee always seemed like a good spot for them....?

fartknockingtestaclepimples!!

-peaches

the El n Gee sucks. they would be better off at the oasis pub in NL (as small as it is, thats where "headie" bands and fans chill, and its right on the bank st. strip) . they should look at getting a gig someplace in downtown mystic, lots of kids chillin round there at night.  I bet they could pull off an acoustic show at DPI or something, that place always has jazz bands and shit

hot damn is my avatar cool
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 04:14:50 pm by Lexington »
caress me, aunt jemima

Ren

• what?
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2007, 10:32:36 pm »
I don\'t feel that I can give an accurate review of the show having showed up walked down the hall and said, "Folsom Prison?!?!"  GOD I\'m tired of that song, yeah, yeah I know you have to like it, but I do not wanna hear it all the time.  Sorry.  I\'m not angry or jaded trust me.  So, anyway, I will only review what I saw.  The jam that went into Simpleton was nice, and though Simpleton\'s a short little dittie, I always love to hear it.  

Uncle Freddy?!?  I seriously cant remember the last time I saw it.  It was a perfect fit if you ask me.  I love Dig and what Matt has turned it into but, mix it up and don\'t play it every show.  OK, before all the red flags and alarms go off, I LOVE THE SONG, and yes practice make perfect but, let\'s try some others, uh like maybe, Doughboy, Lit, Garcian or something along those lines.   I\'ve never heard the Spy, and not being a huge Doors fan for me to immediately identify it as the Doors means to me anyway, that they must\'ve definitley done it serious justice.  The "Percussion Duel" seemed forced and awkward at first but turned out to be really great.

Having come from a wake for a 21 year old son of a co-worker, and then dinner, TLATG>Over Exposure gave me chills.  The good kind.  The song(s) were above and beyond anything that I could have ever expected, I knew it would be good, but seriously that good?  My god.  Nicely placed tease by the way.   Thanks to Pitchy for telling me the name, once again I knew it but didn\'t know the name.

I fuckin\' love Vermont Song and thought it was a really great way to end the set/show.  I can\'t remember if I\'ve ever seen a Honey Butter encore, not that it matters, needless to say, it was out of control and towards the end it was like nothing I can ever remember seeing or hearing them play before.  They really looked like they blew themselves away by how they just sat there and then walked around when it was over with those silly looks on their faces.  When nobody, band included, wants to leave, that\'s a really good thing...

I was impressed with how after TLATG>OE, Vermont, and Honey Butter, there may have been only like 45-50 something people there, but i swear it sounded and felt like there were a few hundred, if there were, maybe the windows would\'ve blown out....

It\'s a shame that they won\'t be playing there anymore, cuz it\'s GREAT.  Hopefully Jake\'s will loosen up a bit (i.e. the children situation, and the no backwards hats thing, don\'t even get me started on that one for obvious reasons) and realize how great this is for business and how much of a good time this place is for the people who\'ve been there for these past two shows.

...On to Albany!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 10:44:19 pm by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

Caitlindrums

• www.caitlindrums.com
    • http://www.caitlindrums.com
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2007, 07:08:21 am »
Finally made it to the end of the show on my IPOD.  (It was a busy week and didn\'t have time to hear the entire thing)  All I have to say is ..."Honey Butter".......WOW!!!!!!

If you haven\'t heard it yet....do so.