Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-09-16 - Jake's; Wallingford, CT  (Read 8987 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2007-09-16 - Jake's; Wallingford, CT
« on: September 16, 2007, 09:24:31 pm »
I: jam > Wake Up In A Coma > Episode 1 (Happy), Question Mark And The Mind, Vera Street, Psygn, jam > Folsom Prison Blues > jam > Son Of Simpleton

II: Uncle Freddy > Dig, Future Peek, The Spy, Percussion Duel*, The Late And The Great  > Over Exposure**, The Vermont Song       

E: Honey Butter^

* Caitlin Kalafus & Adrian on percussion.
** with 'Watermelon In Easter Hay' (Frank Zappa) jam.
 ^ false start; with vocal jam; with 'Spring' (Antonio Vivaldi) tease.

Acoustic show. Left to right:

Ron on acoustic bass, Adrian on percussion, Tim on acoustic guitar, Matt on keyboard.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 08:17:56 am by davepeck »

Kaliguitar

Setlist: 2007-09-16 - Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 09:57:10 pm »
ok...so you hear the words ACOUSTIC SHOW and you figure a nice quiet night...mellow vibe, nice playing.............NOT.  By the end you\'re dancing and yelling for more!!!!  That\'s what happened at Jake\'s. The place was rocking!

Killer show tonight!  Hard to say a favorite tune...."Over Exposure"...and after a start of "Honey Butter" where I thought, "maybe this doesn\'t tranfer to acoustic", the guys proceeded to kill the song!!!  The vocal jam was amazing.

Next Sunday....Part three (and final) of the Acoustic Breakfast Trilogy.  Don\'t miss it.

Matt has not only brought awesome keys...his vocal improvisations are a great addition.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 10:13:42 pm by Kaliguitar »

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 09:57:45 pm »
Set One: Solid Psygn jam and a bunch of numbers that I rarely get to hear.

Set Two: Matt tears it up in Dig and a quality Future Peek jam. But Over Exposure was where it was at. Felt like 20 minutes easy and traveled several paths. It\'s not easy to sell me on an acoustic version of songs whose jams often have so much fury, but they did it this evening with both Over Exposure and Psygn (and holy shit; I can\'t believe that the preceding post expressed a similar sentiment at almost the exact same minute).

And Honey Butter was just preposterous with Matt chanting the title like he was in the opera.

Great job by Adrian and Caitlin too.

Nice to see everyone on a fine Sunday.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 10:05:04 pm »
Quote from: Kaliguitar;158739
ok...so you hear the words ACOUSTIC SHOW and you figure a nice quiet night...mellow vibe, nice playing.............NOT.  By the end you\'re dancing and yelling for more!!!!  That\'s what happened at Jake\'s. The place was rocking!

Killer show tonight!  Hard to say a favorite tune...."Over Exposure"...and after a start of "Honey Butter" where I thought, "maybe this doesn\'t tranfer to acoustic", the guys proceeded to killer the song!!!  The vocal jam was amazing.

Next Sunday....Part three (and final) of the Acoustic Breakfast Trilogy.  Don\'t miss it.

Matt has not only brought awesome keys...his vocal improvisations are a great addition.

chris - i forgot that tease that you told me.. what was it?

Kaliguitar

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 10:11:40 pm »
chris - i forgot that tease that you told me.. what was it?

During the "Honey Butter" vocal jam, Matt started singing the melody to Vivaldi\'s "Spring"

He\'s bringing the jazz and now classical.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 10:14:55 pm »
:thumbsup:

thanks!

Kaliguitar

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 10:49:55 pm »
Beatles tease also but I forgot where.  Possibly in "Over Exposure" ..Matt playing "Can\'t Buy Me Love"???  I think that\'s what it was.....

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 10:50:31 pm »
woah. looks like a blast. I\'ll make sure to call out of work for next week.
I love acoustic b\'fast
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 12:36:20 am »
watermelon in easter hay was really cool. matt was playing the melody from the end of OE and before i knew what was going on it was crazyness. drum duel got the p[lace rockin.
caress me, aunt jemima

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 07:47:42 am »
the energy in the room was just crazy. there\'s a few "cain\'t miss" things in my life that are falling in line right behind next sunday! be there!!

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 07:52:24 am »
matt was singing opera? i hope to see a lit soon. how hard is it to get to jake\'s from mid-new york state?
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 10:03:07 am »
jakes is in wallingford. Can you get to 84?

If so,
 take I84W to exit 27, I691W. This is a short connector highway. take exit 10 for I91/rt15 and get in the center lane for rt15.
Take exit 64 Qunnipiac st (also the chevy/oakdale theater exit if you ever go)
Right off the exit, go around the bend and under the highway
Straight through 4 or 5 really quick lights, Bend left around the park to stay on quinnipiac
keep going until you cross rail road tracks
at the next light you\'re in the center of town, railroad station is on your left. (5 way intersection), go straight. Jakes is the first building on the right after the cemetary at the bottom of the hill.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 10:27:12 am »
Granted I\'ve been conspicuously absent from several monster shows, but I\'m saying it: Best Breakfast Show I\'ve Ever Attended

Opening jam > Coma was my highlight of the first set, though I\'d like to say that my Johnny Cash t-shirt had something to do with the spontaneous "Folsom Prison Blues".

And what wasn\'t the highlight of the second set?  Matt has taken Dig from cigarette break song to highlight, Caitlin and Adrian brought the house down, and Late>Over dominated.  Unless anybody has setlist knowledge to prove otherwise, The Vermont Song was an unplanned first encore in my book.  Honey Butter turned into the most insane Breakfast jam in recent memory.  BFam was representing as always.

Can\'t wait for Week 3.  Tim all but confirmed a Rufus, I\'m hoping for Tunage (with lofty dreams of a Scheme or Gladys).
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 10:35:47 am »
vermont song was last song on the setlist. Honey butter was the unplanned encore.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 10:42:10 am »
the level of applause last night was tremendous. the place was going nuts.

i loved that caitlin\'s little sister was calling out for a \'honey butter\' encore. smart girl. ;)

the end of honey butter - where everyone was screaming all sorts of shit - was out of control. sounded like a bugged out acid trip!

good stuff. good times. great to see everyone - even you, chris piccirillo. ;)

until next time...