Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-09-14 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT  (Read 8380 times)

Nermel9

• the nice girl
    • http://
Setlist: 2007-09-14 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2007, 11:11:57 am »
hands down the best WTF that\'s ever been played.

It really was, I was thinking that last night!

And I don\'t even think I can try to put into words how amazing Grand Scheme was...I love Matt. :biggrin:

wACEted

• Metropolis Monster
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509724110
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2007, 11:25:45 am »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;158563
best.

scheme.

ever.

dotcomfirmed

Correct. Never cease to amazing. Rufus was TITS as well. Thanks boys, yet again.
One way or another this darkness got to give...

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2007, 11:46:52 am »
more (2-set) breakfast shows should be this length. the show clocked in at 2 hours, 40 minutes.

i forgot how good dobson made this band sound. the sound was incredible last night, thanks to dobs and the new setup at daniel street. the synth was loud, but i loved it. nothing like a good kick in the balls from a synth.

when the show started, i was paying minimal attention to yankees/red sox. the sox had blown it open and had a 7-2 lead. i didn\'t like the setlist at first (maybe i\'ve just been seeing too many shows lately), but that didn\'t AT ALL take away from my appreciation of how good the music was. you could tell right away that shit was about to go down. the opening SCA/jam was very unorthodox in terms of breakfast jams - something that\'s happening more and more with matt in the band - and it\'s great. the pre-chase jam was superb, followed by a fantastic version of DMB. i\'m never a GBFBITS fan, but again, i had to give it up for this one. excellent playing all around.

when Space Oddity started, i just couldn\'t wait for them to get to the jam, and when they did.... OH. BOY. at this point, i was also forced to stand sideways, as the yankees were on the verge of a comeback that i couldn\'t take my eyes off of. it was GREAT to watch an amazing comeback, along with an unbelievable soundtrack. i was throwing fists in the air for the yanks and the band, back and forth when something good happened. lots of fun!

the rufus was an A++ version as well. at the end of the first set, i said, "9.5 - and i didn\'t even like the setlist.". seriously, if i didn\'t have the setlist bias, it could have been a 10. easily.

from start to finish, set 2 was flat out silly. the HB/HLH was a lot of fun. i probably would have deducted another half-point from my score if they played a standard HB straight through. again, setlist bias. jazzy, tasty shit EVERYWHERE from matt/ad mostly, and the scheme was off the hook. it was a blast watching Mr. Cobb during this song. it was like i was watching my own reaction right in front of me. oh, not to mention that there was no break in music until just before the last song in the set! granted, tim/ron/matt got a break during the drum solo, but WOW.

i was wondering if/when the happy birthday was gonna happen, and i was starting to think about heading it up myself if it didn\'t. but it did, and then went into WTF, which i said, "eh, ok" to... heh. didn\'t quite know what was coming. tim and matt trading licks for what seemed like forever at the end of the song - each time outdoing themselves from the time before. crazy, crazy stuff. couldn\'t help but scream when it was over.

and the switch-up RITFW encore.. matt seemed a little uncomfortable on bass, but that\'s more than fine. always a blast to watch ronnie shredding the guitar, and adrian was playing the shit out of the keys. a great closer to a great, great show. 9.5/10

Kaliguitar

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2007, 11:48:16 am »
Is it ME or was Tim exceptionally awesome last night???  They all were awesome!!  But last night Tim just seemed to shred even above his normal incrediblely clean, creative, groovalicious playing......

Also....when Matt played his second set jazz solo....did anyone notice the room shift to the right?  I swear all the people seemed to move to right and get drawn to him like a magnet....

Overall......A+ night for me.  

BTW.....I brought a new friend and had to help him lift his jaw off the floor most of the night....A NEW BREAKFAST FAN is born!

peaches626

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2007, 11:51:09 am »
highlights- rufus,scheme!, wtf!!!

ya the lauren hill thing was in the jam just before going into scheme i believe (that thing, that thiiing, thaaat thiiii-iii-iii-iiiing)

matts playing in the piano solo during scheme legitimately sounds like two people playing keys. bravo, matt, bravo.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2007, 12:26:04 pm »
awesome..
thrown outta another breakfast show...
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2007, 12:36:34 pm »
An absolutely sickening second set. The Hard Luck Butter \'wich was sensational and I agree that What the Funk was the best ever.

Other thoughts:

I felt last night\'s second set was superior to either Toad\'s set, although I cannot make a decision on which Scheme was better. Also, this was probably the first time I\'ve heard Scheme in back-to-back shows in years.

You hear Matt play in certain parts and you think, how could they ever have taken the stage without keys?

And of course yesterday was the five-year anniversary of the Bona Fide recording with a quite a few of the same songs as that show: Chase, Drunk Monk, Hard Luck, GBFBITS, and Rufus.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 02:18:49 pm by ChrisPitch »

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2007, 02:09:58 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;158565
adrian was whaling the keys as well.

???

( ;) )

Anyhow... that second set looks like the stuff dreams are made of.

I didn\'t feel like risking the trip... my check engine light has been on since coming back from RI last weekend, and I haven\'t had a chance to get it into the shop. *sigh*

I am glad they didn\'t cover So What fully. A lot of jambands pick that song to cover and it\'s usually a massacre. Plus... I am kind of sick of hearing it covered. But... thumbsup regarding them fusing a bit more jazz into their sound. :D

Too bad about RITFW. That cover always kills me.
Masturbation in the MFA

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2007, 02:16:55 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn;158611
thumbsup regarding them fusing a bit more jazz into their sound.

Certainly one of the aspects I\'ve missed over the last few years.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2007, 02:51:36 pm »
I believe last night was the most creative playing I\'ve seen from this crew. Tim=completely out of his mind entire show.  One of Adrian\'s top solos I\'ve ever witnessed.  Ron layed it down hard all night and was silly good on guitar for the end.  Matt has added so much, especially with the jazz flavorings, wow! Spectacular show start to finish!!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2007, 04:38:03 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;158593

OH. BOY. at this point, i was also forced to stand sideways, as the yankees were on the verge of a comeback that i couldn\'t take my eyes off of. it was GREAT to watch an amazing comeback, along with an unbelievable soundtrack. i was throwing fists in the air for the yanks and the band, back and forth when something good happened. lots of fun!

I was completely unaware of any comeback untill RUFUS, I turn to slimpickens and go \'look at the score!\'  I was completely confused with mixed emotions at this time.  Mo bottom 9th, with rufus going on live right next to me.

Great night, fun times...
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2007, 04:49:17 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;158593
it was GREAT to watch an amazing comeback, along with an unbelievable soundtrack. i was throwing fists in the air for the yanks and the band,lots of fun!9.5/10

and what if the Yanks lost?  8.5?

side note:  What was Dobson doing there?  House sound guy at Daniel St.?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 04:49:33 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2007, 06:13:28 pm »
Quote from: Kevin Ross
Unbelievable.

:that:
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

good4garry

• Play the Red One!
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2007, 06:15:53 pm »
Quote from: Mark;158623
I believe last night was the most creative playing I\'ve seen from this crew. Tim=completely out of his mind entire show.  One of Adrian\'s top solos I\'ve ever witnessed.  Ron layed it down hard all night and was silly good on guitar for the end.  Matt has added so much, especially with the jazz flavorings, wow! Spectacular show start to finish!!

couldn\'t have said it any better...............also the best show i\'ve been to

great crowd too, thanks to all for adding to the overall vibe

Ren

• what?
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2007, 06:27:53 pm »
Un-believable show.  Absolutely un-real.  I said Drunk Monk to Jen before they started and was hoping it would start things off, but whatever.  Chase was REALLY good, but DMB blew it up, absolutely spectacular.  Agree with dave 100% percent on GBFB.  I always loved Space Oddity, it really takes the crowd to that "happy place" and once that jam got going, it could\'ve easily made ya forget what song they were playing, excellent playing from everyone.  But the obviously atomic bomb of the set was Rufus, don\'t know if I can say I\'ve heard a better one.  I love when everyone in a room knows that they\'re seeing something they truly won\'t forget.  The insane interplay between these guys is only gonna get better.

Hard Luck has some of my favorite Tim\'s riffs period.  Fuckin\' crazy playing throughout, and absolutely flawless segues into and out of HB, I always thought they should play them together more often.  And shame on me for not being able to think of the name of So What.  Yo, yo, big up\'s to Lauren Hill inspiration for a Breakfast tease.  

What to say about Grand Scheme.....other than uh, without a doubt one of the most amazing things I\'ve ever seen.  The greatest one ever played, which is silly because I may have said the same thing about the one from Toad\'s but it was.  Pure fire, then followed by the greatest WTF ever.  

I honestly cannot say enough about the talent that these guys have.  Matt is the perfect fit.  Perfect.  He plays and jams during these songs as if he actually had a part in writing them.  I wonder if the band feels the same way, the looks on their faces would make me think the answer is yes.  No question I have to say that we\'re gonna see A LOT of shows like these. The thing that made me laugh and shake my head was when Tim and Matt were doing their little keyboard battle and I said to Fitz, wouldn\'t it be hilarious if they played chopsticks?  I uh, was only kidding though.....I have to say that it kinda worked in a strange way when it happened later.  

Everyone needs to suck it up, forget that it\'s the Webster and go the fuck up to see the Good Time Boys.  Yeah, yeah it\'s a cover band blah, blah, blah, maybe you don\'t even like the RHCPs, but for those of you who haven\'t seen them.....well you can think what you want about what I\'m about to say but, the passion and intensity of their playing will blow you completely away.  After the last Hula Hank\'s show, Jen and I saw the Breakfast either the next day or the day after, and it was kinda anticlimactic.  But don\'t tell anyone.  Needless to say, they need the support and you all need to go cuz maybe you all might remember what happened when the Breakfast played at the Webster and they didn\'t sell enough alcohol.....
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."