Author Topic: Missouri: Police Threaten, Detain Motorist for Parking After Hours  (Read 1956 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Missouri: Police Threaten, Detain Motorist for Parking After Hours
« on: September 10, 2007, 11:57:22 am »
A St. George, Missouri police officer is caught on tape threatening to invent charges to arrest a motorist for parking after hours.

A motorist who refused to discuss his personal business with a St. George, Missouri police officer was threatened with arrest last Friday. Brett Darrow, 20, no stranger to unconventional encounters with police, caught a St. George Police Sergeant named Kenline stating that he had the power to invent charges that would put Darrow behind bars.

"Try and talk back... to me again," yelled Sergeant Kenline. "I bet I could say you resisted arrest or something. You want to come up with something? I come up with nine things."

The incident began at around 2am. Darrow was to meet a friend who was working late and was going to pick him up. Darrow headed toward a 24-hour commuter parking lot in an unincorporated part of Saint Louis County in his 1997 Nissan Maxima. He put on his turn signal and entered the lot which, aside from Kenline\'s cruiser, was essentially vacant. After stopping the car, the police officer approached and began questioning Darrow about what he was doing. When Darrow declined to discuss his personal business, the police sergeant exploded. Although the video clearly shows Darrow driving properly and using his turn signal, the police officer insisted that Darrow had broken the law.

"Oh, while you were coming towards me you were swerving back and forth within the roadway," Sergeant Kenline said. "I might give you a ticket for that. You want me to come up with some more? When you turned in, you failed to use your turn signal, your right turn signal."

Without the video, Darrow points out that he would have stood no chance disproving the officer\'s word in court. Twenty-eight percent of the St. George municipal budget comes from traffic citations. Darrow wonders how many of the tickets were legitimate.

"Looking into this guys eyes, he was crazy," Darrow said. "I was really scared he was going to assault me. I just wonder how many other people have been arrested on these charges."

After ordering Darrow against the car and searching him, Sergeant Kenline released the motorist.

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/19/1961.asp

click the link and watch the video. cop is a MAJOR prick.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 12:02:37 pm »
That\'s Missouri police for ya. Ser Pricks in that state.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 12:17:27 pm »
how boutta ham sandwich?
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 12:20:28 pm »
wow, i\'ve been drunk as a skunk and speeding and still been let go by a missouri cop, before... guess i got the right cop!

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 12:32:26 pm »
the majority of cops are dicks! above the law, roided up meatheads. i think i\'m gonna carry a video camera in my car from now on and see what kind of attitude they give you
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 01:03:25 pm »
sounds like it coulds been officer Farva.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 01:20:04 pm »
Quote from: Me!;157965

haha.

its just a cop abusing his power.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 02:19:20 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;157976
Quote from: Me!;157965

haha.

its just a cop abusing his power.

what else is new
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

tmn8r1

• Guitar Slave
    • http://www.thebreakfast.org
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 02:27:07 pm »
cleary a pissed off cop but who talks back to cops? anyone who wants to see the wrath of cops. lesson - don\'t talk back to cops. give them what they ask for and thats it. unless you have secured cameras recording to remote servers somewhere...........
When words leave off, music begins. - Heinrich Heine

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 04:18:23 pm »
Brett: I just had a bad night officer.
Officer #1: You know what? You don\'t take it out on me. You don\'t never take it out on a cop cause we will ruin your career and life and everything else you have coming before you. Okay?

:wah:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 04:26:12 pm »
Quote from: tmn8r1;157984
cleary a pissed off cop but who talks back to cops? anyone who wants to see the wrath of cops. lesson - don\'t talk back to cops. give them what they ask for and thats it. unless you have secured cameras recording to remote servers somewhere...........

hate to argue with ya but dead wrong.

You have to protect your rights. If you don\'t they go away. And we have so very few of them left.

Kid wasn\'t doing anything and should have never been approached by this officer. If he hadn\'t stuck up for himself this cop would be doing it again to someone else. And I would imagine that the video was captured by the Officers dash cam. If so the cop is even dumber than his actions because it is all on tape.

Most cops will push the boundaries of what they can and cannot get away with. If you let them they will screw you to a wall. They are not your friends and they are not going "to go easier on you if you cooperate."

Saying nothing is your best bet. Once you waive your rights they gotcha.

Not to mention in this article this cops illegally searched the kid after pulling him out of the car. Thats a civil rights violation.

But If we have learned anything it is that this cop will probably face 0 charges or reprimands from his precinct.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 04:37:55 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;158003
And I would imagine that the video was captured by the Officers dash cam. If so the cop is even dumber than his actions because it is all on tape.

i\'m sure there was video captured by the officer\'s dash cam, but the audio/video in the article was actually captured from inside the kid\'s car.

(not sure if you read/watched it, or already knew that.. just pointing it out.)

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 04:39:35 pm »
i like this line:

My job is to conduct my career and my job. Okay?

:lol:

sir, yes sir.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 04:59:04 pm »
:hscratch: Why the hell was this guy videotaping himself driving?!  :confused:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 05:04:38 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;158009
Quote from: kindm\'s;158003
And I would imagine that the video was captured by the Officers dash cam. If so the cop is even dumber than his actions because it is all on tape.

i\'m sure there was video captured by the officer\'s dash cam, but the audio/video in the article was actually captured from inside the kid\'s car.

(not sure if you read/watched it, or already knew that.. just pointing it out.)

Nah I just read the above.

The problem with law enforcement is that those smart enough to do the job correctly do not and those that do well you get the idea.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19