Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-09-09 - Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT  (Read 7562 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Setlist: 2007-09-09 - Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 02:46:53 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;157983
Yesterday had me thinking how cool it would be for them to do combo shows.

First set acoustic, second and third set electric.

Their songs take on a whole new life when presented acoustic.  A combo show would be such variety for my palette, it would make for one tasty Breakfast.

Yeah there was a thread about this at one time but the search engine does not go back that far.

I think it would be an awesome way for them to get some publicity if they did a small tour like that.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 02:55:09 pm »
Quote from: leith;157987

Their songs take on a whole new life when presented acoustic.  A combo show would be such variety for my palette, it would make for one tasty Breakfast.

Yeah there was a thread about this at one time but the search engine does not go back that far.

I think it would be an awesome way for them to get some publicity if they did a small tour like that.

and maybe people would be a bunch of spent quitters and leave after the first set
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 03:05:20 pm »
Quote from: derickw;157988
Quote from: leith;157987

and maybe people would be a bunch of spent quitters and leave after the first set

they\'d leave after 2.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

phirehead

• dodging ser crazy
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 03:11:54 pm »
This was my first time seeing the guys with Matt (ironically enough, my first time EVER seeing the breakfast was an acoustic show-Acoustic Cafe) and I enjoyed myself tremendously. Once the sound stuff was sorted out, I thought they sounded phenomenal. The whole second set was my highlight and I, too, love what Matt did in Dig. He has a lot of energy and he\'s INTO it.
I\'m very excited for what is to come.
On a side note: I\'m sorry for the ground-level ass slapping. I don\'t know what got into me but I was egged on by Gencs, so I will blame him for my behavior.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 04:01:40 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;157967
I had a great time last night... though, it def makes work a little painful! :wah: Or, perhaps it was the many green/red monkey butts ;)  I\'m looking forward to Black Mondays for the next few weeks :doh:

the woman who is teaching our children ladies and gentlemen.

:duck:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 04:11:00 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;157994
I had a great time last night... though, it def makes work a little painful! :wah: Or, perhaps it was the many green/red monkey butts ;)  I\'m looking forward to Black Mondays for the next few weeks :doh:

what, you think the people that were teaching us were on the covers of parenting magazines. I remember Mrs. Larson used to hide a bottle of vodka in her desk, one of the shop teaches went for a sex change and a couple of them were so looped we basically taught them
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 04:25:08 pm »
Quote from: phirehead;157991
This was my first time seeing the guys with Matt (ironically enough, my first time EVER seeing the breakfast was an acoustic show-Acoustic Cafe) and I enjoyed myself tremendously. Once the sound stuff was sorted out, I thought they sounded phenomenal. The whole second set was my highlight and I, too, love what Matt did in Dig. He has a lot of energy and he\'s INTO it.
I\'m very excited for what is to come.
On a side note: I\'m sorry for the ground-level ass slapping. I don\'t know what got into me but I was egged on by Gencs, so I will blame him for my behavior.

wow, phirehead, wow.

I really like what Matt is doing with DIG and I assume that they will stick with him having a piano solo in the middle.

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 04:25:41 pm »
had a great time at my first acoustic breakfast show! this was definitely a relief after the show in narragansett on friday. loved hearing language of the gods and may fly in the first set. the whole second set pretty much owned my face. loved matt\'s jam in dig..i couldn\'t stop smiling when he was playing. i think that i will make it down next weekend for the show..i also never miss a pig roast.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 04:26:19 pm »
Quote from: derickw;157996
Quote from: FrankZappa;157994

what, you think the people that were teaching us were on the covers of parenting magazines. I remember Mrs. Larson used to hide a bottle of vodka in her desk, one of the shop teaches went for a sex change and a couple of them were so looped we basically taught them

good old, LH.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 04:27:58 pm »
I\'m sad I missed it.  Sounds like it was a good show.  I ended up staying late at work preparing for inventory.......but this sunday i will try to shoot over right after.   Is Jake\'s easy to get to from the Merritt???

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 04:32:12 pm »
Quote from: phirehead;157991

well, between that and jon\'s complete and utter ownage of todd after the show on friday, sending him to the ground with a THUD from a ferocious shoulder block, mr. anderson was involved with the 2 funniest moments at breakfast shows this weekend.

had a lot of fun at the show, just wish i wasn\'t injured. sound was awful in the first set, and it was hard to watch the band and the faces they were making while enduring the set-long feedback. set 2 had a couple moments as well, but was exponentially better overall. big ups to pat for coming through with the save.

see the light with adrian\'s solo, and dig (gasp!) with matt\'s solo were definitely the highlights for me. it was also great to hear fairy get pulled out, and matt\'s vocals were spot on.

it was my first time at jake\'s, and i think the place is great. the food, while small, was fantastic. i can put in good words for the tuna, grilled veggies :droool:, shrimp/scallop skewers, and the tomato/fresh mozz. apparently there\'s also a secret lunch menu, that if you know about it, you can order from it. i wish i knew about it, cause i saw some wraps coming out that looked fantastic.

the next 2 weeks should be great.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 04:33:56 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;158006
Is Jake\'s easy to get to from the Merritt???

very. we were coming from Oxford (gasp!), and it\'s really simple to get to off exit 64. mapquest it.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 05:30:27 pm »
I\'m assuming a monkey butt is some sort of drink. What the hell is in one?
Masturbation in the MFA

Nermel9

• the nice girl
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 06:39:22 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn;158026
I\'m assuming a monkey butt is some sort of drink. What the hell is in one?

I don\'t know what\'s in it, Robyn let me try the green monkey butt and it was REALLY good...kind of like a Midori sour, but better and stronger.  I\'m definitely getting one next week! :D

PatchAdams

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 10:20:33 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;157891
I: Beef Barley, Language Of The Gods, Escher\'s Etchings (Parts 1 & 2), Good Things, May Fly Disarray

II: Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > See The Light*, Episode 1 (Happy), Dig, Buquebus, jam > Fairy

* inverted.

Acoustic show. Left to right:

Adrian on percussion & mandolin, Ron on acoustic bass, Tim on acoustic guitar, Matt on baby grand piano.

I thought I was going to get through this show without seeing one of the two bring-downs but I was had before the night ended.

Other then being plagued with some sound issues, there were definitely some good music being played. I am really like Escher\'s Etchings and May Fly is a another favorite.

The second set was all I needed. The jam in Great Big was really well. Buquebus was played well. Glad to finally hear Fairy live.

Good times.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 10:23:35 pm by PatchAdams »