Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-09-09 - Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT  (Read 7554 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2007-09-09 - Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« on: September 09, 2007, 08:46:58 pm »
I: Beef Barley, Language Of The Gods, Escher\'s Etchings (Parts 1 & 2), Good Things, May Fly Disarray

II: Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > See The Light*, Episode 1 (Happy), Dig, Buquebus, jam > Fairy

* inverted.

Acoustic show. Left to right:

Adrian on percussion & mandolin, Ron on acoustic bass, Tim on acoustic guitar, Matt on baby grand piano.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 10:03:53 pm »
a 5pm acoustic show 5 minutes from my house? how could you go wrong! For those who have not tried anything yet, the food is really good at jakes. Pat Keogh gets the save award of the night for helping Chad fix the feedback during setbreak. :thumbsup: Can\'t wait for next sunday!!!

quote of the night: "I ran up to the bar to get one more order in and then realised it was only 8:30 and I still had a few hours before last call."
-Scott
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 10:05:11 pm »
great show tonight! i absolutely love acoustic breakfast, it\'s such perfect music for sunday afternoons. great crowd as well... it was so great to see you all !

overall i thought the band sounded great. some sound issues at first but they got smoothed out relatively quickly. the first set was pretty mellow but certainly tight. mayfly was an unexpected surprise, and eschers sounded great as well.

second set was certainly my favorite of the two. see the light was inverted i believe, and it was absolutely HUGE. eppy 1 was well executed (a relief after RI on friday). really enjoyed matt\'s solo in DIG, his style really seems to mesh well with this song. buquebus was really awesome, got the place moving....translated really well to the acoustic setting without losing its intensity.

overall a really fun night, if you folks missed out it is certainly worth catching next week. diana & wolfman it was great to see you guys, its been so long! bfam!
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 12:40:54 am »
Sounds like a good night...
Masturbation in the MFA

Whoareyoumacher?

• http://www.iansmusic.net
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 01:00:42 am »
I only cought the second set, but, damn it was hot.  Matt kicks ass.  I could not have imagined a place I would have rather been tonight.  Great playing, strong vibe, exciting show.  Sounded great, too, after some Pat Keogh magic.  Great seeing all you bFam.

Oh, we\'re starting Adrian\'s birthday celebration Thursday @ SBC.  I have Adrian and Matt playing the whole show and Timmy coming by for a good long sit-in later in the evening.  Show starts @ 9:30.  

If any of you want to see Seanie Miller rip it up with us for a Smokin Boomers Reunion, give him a call or text him like crazy so he will come.  I\'ve been trying, but its going to take help from you people.  I know he\'s been in bad shape with the Arthritis, but even if he can\'t play, he can sing.  That would be good enough for me.  (203) 915-9916

Oh, and could one of you people with .info power throw up a thread about Thursday and the quest for a re-appearance of Seanie Miller.

Word.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 10:17:33 am »
Quote from: princesscaspian;157895
diana & wolfman it was great to see you guys, its been so long! bfam!

Is Diana on the board and I just never matched up the user name with the person? Either way seeing her and Wolf, Ian, Drew, Lisa Spears, plus all the regulars I see all the time made last night a def treat.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 10:35:41 am »
hey howdy! what a great time! show sounded great, love matt on the keys, awesome being around so many amazing people, filet minon skewers all the way (thanks, lisa!), tasty beers,  easy drive home.

paul, hi! diana here...

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 10:47:51 am »
well there you go. Scratch another one off the list of the people I know by face and online but never realised they were one and the same. :shrug:

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 10:57:06 am »
i wish there was more(other)kids there so lil wah wouldnt wanna leave so early..
oh well.
maybe next time.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 11:12:54 am »
so, ya, Jake\'s isn\'t even open on Sundays regularly. Basically we have control over the place on Sundays.

Next Sunday is a Pig Roast. Possible Dobsound. Gonna be good.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 11:38:23 am »
Quote from: Spacey;157938
so, ya, Jake\'s isn\'t even open on Sundays regularly. Basically we have control over the place on Sundays.

Next Sunday is a Pig Roast. Possible Dobsound. Gonna be good.

i haven\'t been to a pig roast in YEARS, i can\'t wait for this week to be over!!!!!!!! come on FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 12:08:03 pm »
sweet show...definitely a better time than friday night. first set was good, second set was great. i can\'t believe people were going to wait and see how the first show went before they saw it themselves. of course it\'s going to be sick...it\'s acoustic breakfast! fiery ball>see the light was without a doubt the best thing they played all weekend. it\'s been a while since i saw language so that was a highlight too.  and fairy, as many have said before, should always be played acoustic...the mandolin absolutely makes that song

can\'t wait for next week...i\'m coming hungry
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 01:06:03 pm »
I had a great time last night... though, it def makes work a little painful! :wah: Or, perhaps it was the many green/red monkey butts ;)  I\'m looking forward to Black Mondays for the next few weeks :doh:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 01:31:22 pm »
Sundays are fun again. Football, Breakfast and friends.

If you waited around to see what Sunday was going to be like, you don\'t know the Breakfast.

The show had its moments but what I took away from this was, the 4 members really want this to happen for them. They found a place to play on Sundays for a month, that opens for them only and it gives them the chance to play together.

Its motivation enough for me.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 02:23:35 pm »
Yesterday had me thinking how cool it would be for them to do combo shows.

First set acoustic, second and third set electric.

Their songs take on a whole new life when presented acoustic.  A combo show would be such variety for my palette, it would make for one tasty Breakfast.