Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-09-07 - Wheel House Tavern; Narragansett, RI  (Read 6895 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2007-09-07 - Wheel House Tavern; Narragansett, RI
« on: September 08, 2007, 04:09:48 am »
I: jam > Episode 1 (Happy), jam > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) > Future Peek, Honey Butter > Merge > Honey Butter

II: Escher\'s Etchings (Part 1) > Psygn > Escher\'s Etchings (Part 2) > Spunk > Tunage* > Spunk

E: Jumpin\' Jack Flash

* inverted.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 10:20:17 am »
nice.  that\'s it, i\'m goin to daniel st. i need my bfast fix.
Postcount +1.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 10:35:53 am »
Can you say, "perfect setlist"....
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 10:41:30 am »
nope.  perfect setlist would have been without the cheesy cover and a scheme in it\'s place.  once again, good sir, your opinion is wrong. ;)
Postcount +1.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 10:48:06 am »
Actually Jim, I agree with you there.... That\'s much better. Assuming had I attended, I would\'ve  passed out after Tunage and subsequently slept through Jumpin Jack Flash.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

kartoon42

• overexposed
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 11:19:15 am »
i like the episode 1 & 2 and escher\'s etchings 1 & 2 to open up sets 1 and 2, very nice. i like the cover for encore, just not that particular song. could have chose a better stones song than that
break it down, simplify

solver

• the moon rulz
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 11:32:05 am »
real tight sets. lights were spot on. thanks for the ep. 2. wheelhouse definitely worth the drive and salty residue on my car.
skibbiddybopadoobaddydooPOW!POW! [bang!]

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 11:42:52 am »
Quote from: TreyChica;157774
Can you say, "perfect setlist"....

sure can.

unfortunately, i can also say, "poor execution", which is what we experienced last night.

things were off from the get go, with the PA dropping out completely and unexpectedly during Eppy1. i believe this caused Eppy1 to end instead of segue into Eppy2.

i thought the Eppy2 was good, being matt\'s first and all, but the Future Peek did a good job of clearing the room - not a good thing as there were not a lot of people there to begin with. i don\'t know what it is about that song. i like it, but i think the verses are just way too long and boring, and it takes too long to get to the point. :shrug:

though a bit sloppy, HB > Merge > HB was the highlight of set 1 for me, specifically the Merge. it really got me going, but unfortunately, the set came to a close soon after.

damn, set 2 looks fantastic on paper. it really does. it was incredibly sloppy though, especially the Tunage. i don\'t want to take anything away from the GOOD moments though, because there were definitely some incredible moments in set 2. the EE1 > Psygn segue was a little forced, but the Psygn and EE2 that followed were fantastic, and hands down the highlight of the entire show for me. Spunk > Tunage (inverted) > Spunk should have been a monster, but it was a mess. ronnie\'s solo in Spunk was pretty killer though, as was the band going \'around the horn\' after that. JJF encore, eh... oh, and the PA cut out again towards the end of JJF. :rolleyes:

hey, it\'s gonna happen. they can\'t all be 10\'s. and it\'s good to know that even when it\'s not so hot, monsters like this Psygn and EE2 can still be produced. regroup, warm up on sunday, and throw it down at daniel street friday night. looking forward to it.

Nermel9

• the nice girl
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 12:44:55 pm »
though a bit sloppy, HB > Merge > HB was the highlight of set 1 for me, specifically the Merge.

See, I didn\'t notice it being sloppy, then again, I was just too excited that they actually played Merge, after me whining about wanting to hear it for weeks! :D

And I actually really liked Tunage last night, which is weird because I normally can do without it. :)

Ren

• what?
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 01:02:07 pm »
Damn well put Dave.  During the "tuning/noodling" i was like "Matt knows Ep 1?!" it could have been better, but the first time is never perfect, still has obviously huge potential though.  Same with Mooboo\'s, some truly magic moments but as whole will only get better.  I may have left the room during Future Peek.  I felt bad.  HB>Merge>HB was fantastic and imo didn\'t seem so much sloppy as it may have been raw, that\'s the only word i can come up with, uh maybe it\'s the same thing, but sometimes i like it like that cuz i go see shows for that exact reason.  Yeeeaaah the Merge blew me the fuck away and made Jen very happy, though she\'s probably still convinced that I requested it, definitely the high point of the set especially after building and slamming right back into HB, sadly to end the set, I wanted more dammit.  

I think Matt\'s "taking the lead" in the Psygn jam made it possible for such a spectacular segue back into EE2, one of my all-time favs, the song not the segue, although it was really great.  Spunk>Tunage >Spunk really did it for me though, maybe I need to listen to it as soon asap (cough, cough) to tell how it was "a mess."   I thought it was great how I could totally hear Tunage coming, maybe it was just me though.  Really one of my favorite moments of the night.  It seemed to me that it was almost like from watching how they were looking at each other that, during that "intro" I\'m sure that\'s not really what I mean, part of Tunage, Matt and Ronnie were playing to each other and Tim and Adrian were doing the same, maybe it was supposed to be that way, or maybe I just wanted to be.  Right.  I believe that some dope with a Yankee hat on was jumping up and down like crazy during Tunage, a song that he may or may not have called too busy not that long ago ;).  Overall mighty fine show, JJF never does it for me though, I only saw it once before, but the energy they had for it was fuckin\' nuts, one of those that when it ends make the band and the room let out a huge collective "whoa" wehre everyone kinda looks around and at the end of.  Right energy and passion, wrong song.

I truly could not wait for this show and REALLY can wait for the acoustic madness tomorrow, it will make the anticipation for Daniel Street much worse.  Which I wouldn\'t have any other way.  See all you crazy bastards really soon!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 01:09:12 pm by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

deevahgrl

• choose your vice
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 02:17:50 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;157782

unfortunately, i can also say, "poor execution", which is what we experienced last night.

things were off from the get go, with the PA dropping out completely and unexpectedly during Eppy1. i believe this caused Eppy1 to end instead of segue into Eppy2.

Yeah, for realz.  I felt so bad for the boys when the PA went out...I also felt like there was no speedy solution...people just seemed to be walking around like "Oh, shoot.  The PA blew up."

Here comes my stand on the soapbox: As a singer, I try to pay attention to the lyrics in a song, and I LOVE the harmonies that The Breakfast offers up.  So really, if they\'re going to offer an audience a "new" song, anyone singing on it should know the words: especially if the words are "ooh" and "ah".  I appreciate all the hard work they are putting out, to get their fans as many songs as they can, but Future Peek was not performance ready.  I feel like they should have held off on it.  

Eppy 2 was great; there was a lot of good stuff going on up there last night, and I was excited to see that, so I think that might have also led to the let-down that Future Peek became.

Dave is right, Set 2 *does* look fantastic on paper...but I just didn\'t think the mood was right for Psygn, which has monster moments.  I will be away so I\'ll miss the Daniel St show, but I\'m hoping for a strong showing there!
We breathe deep in a steam dream, and plunge below the water line...Down, down, down between beams, to the gloom room among the sea**** and the slime...Melt...

peaches626

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 02:50:30 pm »
Papapeck- i pretty much agree.  Lots of great moments, lots of head scratching.  Mooboo\'s jam and Merge owned first set.  Second set was way better tho- i thought psygn was really good, and i thought eschers 2 was amazing- so amazing my suspenders popped off! jam of the night in my opinion.  Spunk and tunage were high energy but not the tightest i\'ve seen....  And i thought jumpin jack flash was great- cmon, there were headbangers in the front row!

Good times good times, can\'t wait for daniel street
taints rule, gypsies drool!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 03:11:46 pm »
eek, i forgot the PA also went out during merge and was out for the rest of the first set... sorry chipper.

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 04:01:25 pm »
cool,
hope their good and ready to pack the heat for Daniel st.
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 04:37:24 pm »
i woke up this morning and read the setlist and said "fuck!"
hey,they cant all be perfect right?
on a sidenote,i heard davepeck is just bitter because the wheelhouse ran outta captain morgan..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set