Author Topic: Official Rumors Thread  (Read 75271 times)

peaches626

Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #390 on: October 09, 2008, 09:58:52 am »
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Davepeck with the ser TBC, fa sho!!!

(now i\'m glad i didnt make a joke about papapecks love for egg white omelettes in that other thread!)
taints rule, gypsies drool!

tyzack

• http://
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #391 on: October 09, 2008, 10:02:55 am »
Quote from: davepeck;206869
Quote from: tyzack;206839
Quote from: KEN RAFLOWITZ;206808
Hi Folks! YES it\'s true Jon Anderson called Tim! I had sent Jon the Beatles shows knowing he is a great lover of the Beatles. I thought he would get a kick out of the A to Z event. Nobody knew of this. Included in the mailing was Toad\'s 7/5/ 08,Ridgefield Playhouse acoustic set and the demo CD. I got in last Sunday night and a freaked Timmy left a message " Thanks Ken! Jon Anderson the singer of YES called me and said you had sent him THE BREAKFAST dvd\'s! He liked the band and may do something with us!" Way cool for me folks! A call from the greatest artist the worlds ever seen is a definate WAY COOL!!! Jon must be presented with a mountain of demo\'s.For him to listen to a band and give them a call is a great honor! A great compliment to the guys who touched his heart and blew him away with their ability to play music beyond the norm. You don\'t impress Jon Anderson to easily! He doesn\'t call bands just to chit chat.The Breakfast guys hit him hard!!! He know\'s they got the shit!!! Then to ask them to contribute something for a project of his, WAY COOL!!! Who knows what he wants from them. He could be checking the guys out with a small project to see if they are people he may want to work with for something on a more serious scale.Talent is one thing but how are these people to work with? The guys should approach Jon\'s requests with great care and offer him something special only they could do as a unit. I suggest getting Matt back in action with the band.Matt has something Jon likes.The guys should take this offer very seriously and blow Jon Anderson away with their abilities as song writers,instrumentalists,singers,energy monsters,creative geniuses which they all are! GO DO IT GUYS!!! BLOW THE SHIT OUT OF JON ANDERSON\'S MIND AND BEYOND!!! Ken

Hi, my name is Ken. I don\'t know what the "Return" key does.

dude, you\'ve butchered the spelling of pretty much every word in the english dictionary in your time on .info, and you\'re gonna get on someone for not using the return key?

really?

holy unexcepted flaming batman!
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #392 on: October 09, 2008, 10:15:07 am »
Quote from: tyzack;206873

Hey, you try to fuck with Ken, you\'re gonna get the horns.  Actually, it\'s been kind of tame.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #393 on: October 09, 2008, 10:22:29 am »
Hi Folks! YES it\'s true Jon Anderson called Tim! I had sent Jon the Beatles shows knowing he is a great lover of the Beatles. I thought he would get a kick out of the A to Z event. Nobody knew of this. Included in the mailing was Toad\'s 7/5/ 08,Ridgefield Playhouse acoustic set and the demo CD. I got in last Sunday night and a freaked Timmy left a message " Thanks Ken! Jon Anderson the singer of YES called me and said you had sent him THE BREAKFAST dvd\'s! He liked the band and may do something with us!" Way cool for me folks! A call from the greatest artist the worlds ever seen is a definate WAY COOL!!! Jon must be presented with a mountain of demo\'s.For him to listen to a band and give them a call is a great honor! A great compliment to the guys who touched his heart and blew him away with their ability to play music beyond the norm. You don\'t impress Jon Anderson to easily! He doesn\'t call bands just to chit chat.The Breakfast guys hit him hard!!! He know\'s they got the shit!!! Then to ask them to contribute something for a project of his, WAY COOL!!! Who knows what he wants from them. He could be checking the guys out with a small project to see if they are people he may want to work with for something on a more serious scale.Talent is one thing but how are these people to work with? The guys should approach Jon\'s requests with great care and offer him something special only they could do as a unit. I suggest getting Matt back in action with the band.Matt has something Jon likes.The guys should take this offer very seriously and blow Jon Anderson away with their abilities as song writers,instrumentalists,singers,energy monsters,creative geniuses which they all are! GO DO IT GUYS!!! BLOW THE SHIT OUT OF JON ANDERSON\'S MIND AND BEYOND!!! Ken

dude, you\'ve butchered the spelling of pretty much every word in the english dictionary in your time on .info, and you\'re gonna get on someone for not using the return key?

really?

What did you honestly expect?

I mean you signed onto .info.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

davepeck

• Administrator
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #394 on: October 09, 2008, 10:29:28 am »

really?

peaches626

Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #395 on: October 09, 2008, 10:34:46 am »
uoch.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

SlimPickens

• just the tip
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #396 on: October 09, 2008, 10:38:52 am »
Quote from: davepeck;206893

[/QUOTE]

B A M!!!!!!!!!

Pec is on you like stink on shit today

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #397 on: October 09, 2008, 10:42:33 am »
Am I the only one that finds YES boring?  I\'ve only heard radio played tunes, but if I have to hear I\'ve Seen All Good People and Long Distance Runaround, I\'m going to scream.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some of their music that I can appreciate.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #398 on: October 09, 2008, 10:42:56 am »
Quote from: davepeck;206893

really?

That is a classic example of a TBC.

tyzack

Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #399 on: October 09, 2008, 10:56:20 am »
Fuck spelling. Misspelled words are a lot easier to read through than poorly formated text. I could have also critequed his over use of capitals.

I am not, and never will claim to be a grammer/spelling nazi. However, I do believe that properly formated text is much more important in this medium.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #400 on: October 09, 2008, 11:10:38 am »
Hasn\'t it be proved that spelling doesn\'t really matter because we only read the first and last letter of the words we read?

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #401 on: October 09, 2008, 11:50:10 am »
Quote from: Yoda;206901
Am I the only one that finds YES boring?  I\'ve only heard radio played tunes, but if I have to hear I\'ve Seen All Good People and Long Distance Runaround, I\'m going to scream.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some of their music that I can appreciate.

First off it\'s your own fault for listening to the radio.  Of course you\'re going to get sick of songs that you hear 732873 times a day.

The first two albums "Yes" and "Time and Word" are more prog/pop, but still contain some gems like "Every Little Thing" (Beatles cover) and "Sweet Dreams".  Interesting to a hear a  band of that intensity in a pop format.  

Then "The Yes Album" is bloody brilliant.  "Your\'s Is No Disgrace", "The Clap". "STARSHIP TROOPER" (Best Yes song), "Aventure", "Perpetual Change" ( gorgeous masterpiece... and of course your favorite song "I\'ve Seen All Good People"..

Fragile can get tiresome after awhile, but it does have "Southside of the Sky on it", which is in my Top 5 for best Yes songs.

Close to the Edge is my personal favorite and would probably be the best place for you to start off.  Three songs, "Close to the Edge" (18 mins), "And You and I" and "Siberian Kharutu", all of which are composed and played with precision and ferocity that was unheard of at the time.  

This was unfortunately their last studio album with Bill Bruford, as he left for greener pastures with Crimson.  Bruford was then replaced by Alan White.  The band released one live album with Bruford called "Yessongs", which is a great introduction to Yes IMO.

The White era starts off with Tales From the Topographic Ocean, which contains 4 songs that average 20 minutes each.  A bit too much for me in terms of grandiosity and Anderson\'s voice, but still considered a montser by most Yes fans.  

"Relayer" followed, which contained "Gates of Delerium" another epic 20 minute Yes song.  A short, yet powerful album.  The "Close to the Edge" of post-Bruford Yes.  

Then "Going for the One" tends to be my favorite of White era, with more accessible rock songs and another epic called "Awaken".  

This era is highlighted on a live album called Yesshows.

With some more lineup changes the band released "Tormato" and "Drama".  They still rock, but pale in comparison to older Yes.  After that we fall into "Owner of  a Lonely Heart" era and that\'s when I get off the train... Hope you actually seek out some of these albums instead of bitching about the three Yes songs you hear 43 times a day.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #402 on: October 09, 2008, 12:00:09 pm »
I didn\'t mean to offend anyone with my typing style.Just wanted to get the message out.(I did fail english in school) If you people don\'t care for YES or Jon Anderson please keep it to yourself. Thanks,Ken

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #403 on: October 09, 2008, 12:04:40 pm »
Don\'t listen to the .info tools Ken, everyone here really appreciates everything you\'ve done.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #404 on: October 09, 2008, 12:04:58 pm »
Quote from: KEN RAFLOWITZ;206974
I didn\'t mean to offend anyone with my typing style.Just wanted to get the message out.(I did fail english in school) If you people don\'t care for YES or Jon Anderson please keep it to yourself. Thanks,Ken

Ken, you\'re my hero.    Thanks for all you do to help out this band.

“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]