Author Topic: Official Rumors Thread  (Read 75270 times)

GLuft3

Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #375 on: October 08, 2008, 08:47:34 pm »
Way to go, Ken!  Thanks for spreading that DVD love!

Does anyone know anything about Jon Anderson\'s project?  Will the band be able to do this from the road?  Or can it wait until they get back?
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #376 on: October 08, 2008, 08:56:01 pm »
thank you ken you\'re the fuckin man
*Gia*

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #377 on: October 08, 2008, 09:51:41 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;206817
thank you ken you\'re the fuckin man

Yeah thanks for all you do, looks like it\'s paying off.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #378 on: October 08, 2008, 11:22:28 pm »
Solid work. :thumbsup:
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #379 on: October 08, 2008, 11:55:10 pm »
Ken, I had a feeling you might have had something to do with this.  Good work!
You Lucky Bastards!

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #380 on: October 09, 2008, 12:04:27 am »
My question... How the hell did you get Jon Anderson\'s addy?  Want to hook me up with Bruford and Fripp while your at it.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #381 on: October 09, 2008, 12:32:13 am »
Ken is now officially THE MAN.  Way to spread the word.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #382 on: October 09, 2008, 07:39:27 am »
who cares asshole
*Gia*

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #383 on: October 09, 2008, 08:21:17 am »
Thanks Ken for all that you do!

Quote from: tyzack;206839
Quote from: KEN RAFLOWITZ;206808
Hi Folks! YES it\'s true Jon Anderson called Tim! I had sent Jon the Beatles shows knowing he is a great lover of the Beatles. I thought he would get a kick out of the A to Z event. Nobody knew of this. Included in the mailing was Toad\'s 7/5/ 08,Ridgefield Playhouse acoustic set and the demo CD. I got in last Sunday night and a freaked Timmy left a message " Thanks Ken! Jon Anderson the singer of YES called me and said you had sent him THE BREAKFAST dvd\'s! He liked the band and may do something with us!" Way cool for me folks! A call from the greatest artist the worlds ever seen is a definate WAY COOL!!! Jon must be presented with a mountain of demo\'s.For him to listen to a band and give them a call is a great honor! A great compliment to the guys who touched his heart and blew him away with their ability to play music beyond the norm. You don\'t impress Jon Anderson to easily! He doesn\'t call bands just to chit chat.The Breakfast guys hit him hard!!! He know\'s they got the shit!!! Then to ask them to contribute something for a project of his, WAY COOL!!! Who knows what he wants from them. He could be checking the guys out with a small project to see if they are people he may want to work with for something on a more serious scale.Talent is one thing but how are these people to work with? The guys should approach Jon\'s requests with great care and offer him something special only they could do as a unit. I suggest getting Matt back in action with the band.Matt has something Jon likes.The guys should take this offer very seriously and blow Jon Anderson away with their abilities as song writers,instrumentalists,singers,energy monsters,creative geniuses which they all are! GO DO IT GUYS!!! BLOW THE SHIT OUT OF JON ANDERSON\'S MIND AND BEYOND!!! Ken

Hi, my name is Ken. I don\'t know what the "Return" key does.

Quote from: bezerker;206842
who cares asshole

B-zerker, it is still .info, quit being a bitch. I\'m sure a grown man can handle it.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

peaches626

Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #384 on: October 09, 2008, 09:01:43 am »
whatever, he\'s just coppin Ren\'s style.

but seriously, ken you da man, thanks for all the dvds
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #385 on: October 09, 2008, 09:07:21 am »
Quote from: Yoda;206478
Quote from: Spacey;206469
Virtually the same set of songs reordered here and there.

Again, I think its because they are now are trio.

Not sure if I agree with this statement.  Let\'s look at the stats:
- 7 shows in 10 days
- 5 out of the 7 shows were 1 set
- They played a total of 25 songs when you remove jam and drum solo
- 20 of those songs (80%) were played 2 times or less
- The only songs played 3 times or more were Rufus, Hard Luck Harry, Taboo or Not Taboo, Inner Glimpse, and Metropolis (the last two, I\'ll agree, are overplayed)

But in those 25 songs, they played songs they haven\'t played in a while:
- Earache My Ear
- Spunk
- Indian Summer
- Scarlet Begonias (twice)
- YEM (twice)
- Episode 3 (twice)

Looking at these setlists, I think that they\'d be pretty kick-ass shows to see.

Just to compare to the last time the bad became a trio:

- 7 shows in 21 days
- 4 shows were two sets / 3 shows were 1 set
- They played 47 songs when you remove drum solo, jam and space city affair
- 69% of the songs were played 2 times or less as compared to 80% this time around
- 31% of the songs were played 3 times or more as compared to the 20% this time around
- The songs played 3 times or more were ATSD (3), Intension (3), Psygn (3), Buquebus (4), Future Peek (4), Puppetry (4) and Rufus (4)

I think to gripe about a song being played too much is a waste of time.  If you look outside of the jam band community, you\'re most likely going to get 75%-80% of the same songs every night of a tour.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #386 on: October 09, 2008, 09:15:56 am »
Ken you are giant amoung flea\'s.  Your work consistently amazes me.  Whatever happens with this Jon Anderson thing, the band and the fans all owe you a debt of thanks for everything that you do.

I think it\'s time I share this little Ken story with .info.  A few years back there was a few of us hanging out in the parking lot @ Porters during set break.  We were all pretty fucked up. Spacey walks over to the dark side of the lot, I guess nature was calling... or he had to puke (you know Spacey).  Next thing I know you hear him screaming, frankly like a 7 year old girl, we look over to see him getting dragged into the brush by this huge Swamp Thing like creature. It had to be huge to drag Spacey anywhere, right?!  We all run to the edge of the lot and grab his arms and shirt to try to free him from this wetland creature, but it was just to strong and tore our poor friend from our grasp and into the darkness.  Out of nowhere Ken comes flying in on that step ladder (you know the one he jerryrigs his recording gear to).  And when I say flying, I mean this cat was like 6 feet off the ground, riding the step stool like a chariot.  He plunges into the darkness and emerges moments later with Spacey on board.  As his step stool chariot comes hovering to the ground and Spacey hopes off, I notice that between Kens teeth is the torn "flipper ear" of the Swamp Thing.  I tried to point it out to the others, but Ken slurped it into his mouth.  As he glided away, I heard him say "Mmmm, tastes like chicken."

(written without the return key in quiet tribute)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 09:18:38 am by SlimPickens »

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #387 on: October 09, 2008, 09:18:46 am »
Quote from: SlimPickens;206857
Ken you are giant amoung flea\'s.  Your work consistently amazes me.  Whatever happens with this Jon Anderson thing, the band and the fans all owe you a debt of thanks for everything that you do.

I think it\'s time I share this little Ken story with .info.  A few years back there was a few of us hanging out in the parking lot @ Porters during set break.  We were all pretty fucked up. Spacey walks over to the dark side of the lot, I guess nature was calling... or he had to puke (you know Spacey).  Next thing I know you hear him screaming, frankly like a 7 year old girl, we look over to see him getting dragged into the brush by this huge Swamp Thing like creature. It had to be huge to drag Spacey anywhere, right?!  We all run to the edge of the lot and grab his arms and shirt to try to free him from this wetland creature, but it was just to strong and tore our poor friend from our grasp and into the darkness.  Out of nowhere Ken comes flying in on that step ladder (you know the one he jerryrigs his recording gear to).  And when I say flying, I mean this cat was like 6 feet off the ground, riding the step stool like a chariot.  He plunges into the darkness and emerges moments later with Spacey on board.  As his step stool chariot comes hovering to the ground and Spacey hopes off, I notice that between Kens teeth is the torn "flipper ear" of the Swamp Thing.  I tried to point it out to the others, but Ken slurped it into his mouth.  As he glidded away, I heard him say "Mmmm, tastes like chicken."

(written without the return key in quiet tribute)

Most magical moment in the history of lot scenes especially at Porters.

He was my Knight in shining armor that evening.

Too bad Porter\'s no longer exists.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #388 on: October 09, 2008, 09:24:51 am »
Quote from: Spacey;206858
Quote from: SlimPickens;206857

Too bad Porter\'s no longer exists.

:(

davepeck

• Administrator
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #389 on: October 09, 2008, 09:52:25 am »
Quote from: tyzack;206839
Quote from: KEN RAFLOWITZ;206808
Hi Folks! YES it\'s true Jon Anderson called Tim! I had sent Jon the Beatles shows knowing he is a great lover of the Beatles. I thought he would get a kick out of the A to Z event. Nobody knew of this. Included in the mailing was Toad\'s 7/5/ 08,Ridgefield Playhouse acoustic set and the demo CD. I got in last Sunday night and a freaked Timmy left a message " Thanks Ken! Jon Anderson the singer of YES called me and said you had sent him THE BREAKFAST dvd\'s! He liked the band and may do something with us!" Way cool for me folks! A call from the greatest artist the worlds ever seen is a definate WAY COOL!!! Jon must be presented with a mountain of demo\'s.For him to listen to a band and give them a call is a great honor! A great compliment to the guys who touched his heart and blew him away with their ability to play music beyond the norm. You don\'t impress Jon Anderson to easily! He doesn\'t call bands just to chit chat.The Breakfast guys hit him hard!!! He know\'s they got the shit!!! Then to ask them to contribute something for a project of his, WAY COOL!!! Who knows what he wants from them. He could be checking the guys out with a small project to see if they are people he may want to work with for something on a more serious scale.Talent is one thing but how are these people to work with? The guys should approach Jon\'s requests with great care and offer him something special only they could do as a unit. I suggest getting Matt back in action with the band.Matt has something Jon likes.The guys should take this offer very seriously and blow Jon Anderson away with their abilities as song writers,instrumentalists,singers,energy monsters,creative geniuses which they all are! GO DO IT GUYS!!! BLOW THE SHIT OUT OF JON ANDERSON\'S MIND AND BEYOND!!! Ken

Hi, my name is Ken. I don\'t know what the "Return" key does.

dude, you\'ve butchered the spelling of pretty much every word in the english dictionary in your time on .info, and you\'re gonna get on someone for not using the return key?

really?