Author Topic: Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT  (Read 3453 times)

galenas

• Global Moderator
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2007, 12:57:08 pm »
Quote from: oldnewbie;157677
Quote from: galenas;157655
Fuck yeah. Looks like I may finally be ending my Breakfast hiatus this Sunday!

this is gonna make working on sunday night doubly painful!  :(

oh man! that sucks!

safe travels, derick. see ya there.

can\'t wait to see matty o in action!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2007, 01:13:39 pm »
Jakes is a large square room in the back. as you enter the rear room, the bar is to your left along with a doorway to the alley to smoke, drink outside, etc, and tim would set up against the wall to your right. He did say the first time he played there though they had him set up so that as you walked in you were facing him and he didn\'t like it. The one time I went I noticed a full piano in the corner but I\'m sure that can be moved where ever they want on the floor. I\'m pretty sure there are beams back by the bar that you could attach your gear to. They actually have a decent looking lighting rig but I\'ve never seen it running. Pretty good sound for a bar, large dance floor if the tables are all pushed to the side like they were last time.

There are no meters in downtown wallingford, so you can just find some street parking along the cemetary or up the hill. If for some reason there are no spots, there are a few parking lots that are hidden behind the buildings you should be ok to park in. Pay attention to the couple of one way streets though.

I will likewise be using this show to make up for having to miss tonight.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2007, 01:36:56 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;157692
What will the taping situation look like in this place ?

I have never been to Jake\'s. I am def. considering coming up for the shows. I don\'t think i\'ll be able to go tonight. I don\'t get out of work until 6PM and 95 North Traffic on a Friday well thats a road rage incident waiting to happen

diving up isn\'t bad, most of the traffic happens going south into New Haven. From New Haven it\'ll take about an hour 45 tops. once you get past the new london bridge you can pretty much floor it. just watch out near an over pass around exit 5 in RI if you go that way. popo! but i figure the majority will take exit 3 anyways

Quote from: galenas;157693

oh man! that sucks!

cool! gotta do it!
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2007, 01:51:23 pm »
Quote from: derickw;157706
Quote from: kindm\'s;157692
What will the taping situation look like in this place ?

I have never been to Jake\'s. I am def. considering coming up for the shows. I don\'t think i\'ll be able to go tonight. I don\'t get out of work until 6PM and 95 North Traffic on a Friday well thats a road rage incident waiting to happen

diving up isn\'t bad, most of the traffic happens going south into New Haven. From New Haven it\'ll take about an hour 45 tops. once you get past the new london bridge you can pretty much floor it. just watch out near an over pass around exit 5 in RI if you go that way. popo! but i figure the majority will take exit 3 anyways

Quote from: galenas;157693

oh man! that sucks!

cool! gotta do it!

Actually If I were gonna try I would get off at exit 92 in CT and take route 1 all the way to gannsett and then take point judith road all the way to galilee. That way avoiding having to take 138 past URI etc

But 95 in either direction will be bad. North bound I\'m in the thick of the commute. It was the same way for Toad\'s and that was on a Thursday. This being 1 of the last summer weekends  I am imaging a lot of folks headed to the beaches tonight.

I could take the back way I used to when I was at URI but it can be kind of a pain
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2007, 02:48:48 pm »
New Haven is the worse part, then you slow down a little between exit 69 and 74 sometimes but thats it. I\'ve been doing the ride religiously for the last....... wow 10 years, how time flies. but whatever your choice have a good night and the guys don\'t go on till say 10 that would mean you could leave CT at 7:30-8:00 and still make it in time.... well maybe not to set up your gear but in time to see a show.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2007, 03:05:47 pm »
Quote from: derickw;157723
New Haven is the worse part, then you slow down a little between exit 69 and 74 sometimes but thats it. I\'ve been doing the ride religiously for the last....... wow 10 years, how time flies. but whatever your choice have a good night and the guys don\'t go on till say 10 that would mean you could leave CT at 7:30-8:00 and still make it in time.... well maybe not to set up your gear but in time to see a show.

I\'m in New York. I would have to leave by 7PM here to make it by 10PM and thats with no traffic. I just wish my mom still had the house on Great Salt Pond. It would a no brainer
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2007, 03:17:42 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;157724
Quote from: derickw;157723

I\'m in New York. I would have to leave by 7PM here to make it by 10PM and thats with no traffic. I just wish my mom still had the house on Great Salt Pond. It would a no brainer

that sucks, well hopefully you\'ll make it to Jake\'s and Daniel Street

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2007, 12:27:50 pm »
beautiful, warm, late summer sunday.... very excited for the show later today. . .  very curious as to the crowd/vibe at the show. can\'t wait! it\'ll be strange gettin out of a breakfast show at like 8 o\'clock though. who\'s got my heady late-night? or early-evening? or whatever?
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2007, 02:58:12 pm »
i\'m really interested to see what songs they\'ll be playing this afternoon

August 12th, 2005 - Acoustic Café; Bridgeport, CT

I: Doughboy, Question Mark And The Mind*, jam > Gravity^ > Wake Up In A Coma > Fresh Cut, Fairy*, Southern Man# > See The Light^##

II: The Vermont Song*^, Hard Luck Harry > Vera Street, Language Of The Gods, Band On The Run, Cosmic Spaceway Rhyme, jam > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2)^, Beef Barley

E: Man In Me* > jam* > Son Of Simpleton

based on the last acoustic show\'s setlist, i\'d say we\'re definitely in for some first-timers (not that i would mind hearing wake up in a coma, see the light, hard luck, mooboos, or beef barley...in fact i would fucking love to hear any of those songs).
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2007, 03:28:48 pm »
see yaal there
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2007, 03:47:55 pm »
i ordered the nfl ticket today. got it for $179 but that means i will be unable to afford a trip to CT today. enjoy the madness!
Smell my mule.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2007, 04:22:18 pm »
just got in from block island. heading to jake\'s. see ya when i\'m looking at ya.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.