Author Topic: The 2007-08 National Football League Thread  (Read 34933 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
The 2007-08 National Football League Thread
« Reply #405 on: February 13, 2008, 03:42:04 am »
Quote from: Klout;179682
Wolfman\'s five stages of Grief....

1. Denial: The initial stage: "It\'s not possible...we are too good...this is the best team ever...it\'s just not possible!"

2. Anger: "FUCK YOU ELI!! FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU!"

3. Bargaining: "Well ...we have won it three times this decade and there\'s always next year.......right?"

4. Depression: "I\'m so sad, is it baseball season yet?"

5. Acceptance: "It\'s OK, the team and the city with the most heart deserves to win and they did"

I honestly do hope you truly are at #5 and will not regress wolfy!

And on that note.......

Hahahaha!!! GREAT post. Well done Klout.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #406 on: March 04, 2008, 09:57:50 am »
yea, so, favre just retired.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #407 on: March 04, 2008, 02:10:04 pm »
Great today will be all Favre on ESPN Great
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #408 on: March 04, 2008, 04:02:45 pm »
Obviously, an all-time great, but what a tough way to go out, one of many questionable moments of his postseason career.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #409 on: March 04, 2008, 05:00:55 pm »
If you don\'t think Favre is worthy of a day of praise on ESPN, then there\'s a simple solution - change the channel.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #410 on: March 04, 2008, 05:07:00 pm »
I\'ve been sick of Favre for a few years now, or at least just bored with the media\'s coverage of the yearly retirement saga.  But when I saw the screen today, it actually hit me for a moment.  He\'s a truly great player.  He might come back this year though, you never know.  

BTW Klout that was a funny post.  But you shouldn\'t use stuff from bigtime writers and pass it off as your own without giving them credit.  The 5 stages of Pats grieving was written by DJ Gallo at espn.com.  If you want to rip off the smalltime folks at the Utica Observer-Dispatch I\'m sure you\'d get away with it. But for style points you should either write your own posts or give credit to someone if they said exactly what you wanted to say.

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #411 on: March 04, 2008, 05:09:44 pm »
textbook callout
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #412 on: March 04, 2008, 05:11:15 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;182359
I\'ve been sick of Favre for a few years now, or at least just bored with the media\'s coverage of the yearly retirement saga.

Kind of like how Manny says he wants to get traded every off season. Def gets annoying after a while. At least he proved he had what it took last season and is going out on a high note.

Favre is an all-time great. It will be very odd to see Aaron Rodgers (I would assume it\'s going to be him) starting at Green Bay this fall. Enjoy your records while they last, Favre. Peyton is coming to get you.
Smell my mule.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #413 on: March 04, 2008, 05:25:54 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;182359
I\'ve been sick of Favre for a few years now, or at least just bored with the media\'s coverage of the yearly retirement saga.  But when I saw the screen today, it actually hit me for a moment.  He\'s a truly great player.  He might come back this year though, you never know.  

BTW Klout that was a funny post.  But you shouldn\'t use stuff from bigtime writers and pass it off as your own without giving them credit.  The 5 stages of Pats grieving was written by DJ Gallo at espn.com.  If you want to rip off the smalltime folks at the Utica Observer-Dispatch I\'m sure you\'d get away with it. But for style points you should either write your own posts or give credit to someone if they said exactly what you wanted to say.

I had no idea that guy did (sort of) the same thing as I did with it but it doesn\'t surprise me. I bet if you looked even harder you could find even more people who made the same simple connection/comparison/joke.  The topic of discussion here was your psychological state after a crushing defeat of the worst magnitude. It\'s a pretty logical, easy, and funny joke to apply that situation to the Kubler-Ross Model. Maybe you have never heard of that theory and that\'s why you think I am stealing content but it\'s something I have known about for years and that fits perfectly into a situation like this, at least for comedic purposes. So to state that I intentionally plagiarized the idea of applying it to this situation from some random espn article is false, pretty stupid, and far from a tbco.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 05:48:46 pm by Klout »

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #414 on: June 24, 2008, 05:29:48 pm »
anyone hear what imus said about pacman jones ?   worse than the rutgers thing imo, i think hes screwed this time

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3458952&categoryId=2378529
*Gia*

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #415 on: June 24, 2008, 05:43:53 pm »
This is not worse than the Rutgers thing whatsoever. With that one, he was clearly making inappropriate and derogatory comments. With this, he was actually defending Adam "Space Invaders" Jones, suggesting that the reason for his legal troubles relates to his skin color. And though I don\'t actually agree with Imus about that, his comments are being completely misconstrued by our horse shit media as Imus is now merely nothing more than a bull\'s-eye anything he says anything even remotely out of the box. And this faux controversy, along with many other facets of our media, society, and country overall, makes me ashamed to be an American.