Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-08-26 - Phan Phest; Mariaville, NY  (Read 4932 times)

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
Setlist: 2007-08-26 - Phan Phest; Mariaville, NY
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 11:29:58 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;156520

I have seen quite a few magical sets in my short time on earth and I really think this ranks right up there.

Better than Thursday IMHO. Shorter of course but all the transitions seemed smooth and Matt def. was awesome.

that seems to be the trend with every single show since matt joined: they keep getting better, and better, and better!
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 08:37:42 am »
Quote from: princesscaspian;156573

I have seen quite a few magical sets in my short time on earth and I really think this ranks right up there.

Better than Thursday IMHO. Shorter of course but all the transitions seemed smooth and Matt def. was awesome.

that seems to be the trend with every single show since matt joined: they keep getting better, and better, and better!

it\'s just like the first 5-10 trio shows. these guys are going to KILL every song i can\'t wait for the RI show and the Daniel Street. Once you see these guys together you will not want to miss another show
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 09:35:33 pm »
Quote from: derickw;156582
Quote from: princesscaspian;156573

it\'s just like the first 5-10 trio shows. these guys are going to KILL every song i can\'t wait for the RI show and the Daniel Street. Once you see these guys together you will not want to miss another show

this WTF is the tits he is deffinitely getting better at that song

striker is a maniac tho his energy fits in so well with the band

say goodbye to your faces now because you wonnt have them much longer

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 10:14:17 pm »
From Jambands.com:
Just a few days after Mariaville, NY’s Indian Lookout Country Club hosted Camp Bisco, the upstate New York location welcomed a number of rising jam-acts to its property for PhanPhest 3.0. A number of collaborations took place throughout the weekend, often centered around popular covers. During RAQ’s set, Breakfast guitarist Tim Palmieiri took the stage to show off his organ skills on a cover of the Allman Brothers’ “Whipping Post” (which actually resembles Frank Zappa’s take on the song).

The article goes on about other non Bfast collaborations.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

kartoon42

• overexposed
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 05:51:36 pm »
seems to me, other bands are starting to recognize the huge talent that is mr palmieri, sitting in for numerous collaborations this summer. its well deserved and great publicity for the band.
in terms of matt\'s playing, is really sick at times and also seems lost at times, but i think that will change once he gets comfortable. things are looking great for the band and im excited to see what the future will be. cant wait for narraganset and daniel st shows :disco:
break it down, simplify

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2007, 06:27:02 pm »
Wow, i just listened to this show on archive, and the rufus is sick! The end gets all kinds of tripped out.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2007, 06:52:44 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;156903
Wow, i just listened to this show on archive, and the rufus is sick! The end gets all kinds of tripped out.

You just convinced me to listen to this Rufus tonight after work.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2007, 08:39:26 pm »
glad to hear it! ^^^
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2007, 10:26:06 pm »
a VERY good Rufus.

For myself, at least, the only time I can truly say a song is the "best-ever" can be when I am in attendance. There is an energy that is attached to the live experience that makes me feel that way.

I do feel that this is a great example of Matt contributing musically to the songs. It makes me feel good to hear some of the songs like its the first time.

As a member of Team Buquebus, I hold you dearly in my heart, this Rufus got me excited.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.