Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-08-23 - Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT  (Read 16950 times)

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
Setlist: 2007-08-23 - Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 10:00:14 am »
no one has mentioned the scheme yet. how did that fit in with the rest of the show?
Smell my mule.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 10:49:27 am »
Quote from: princesscaspian;156280
the best rendition of psygn i have ever heard. broke down into this dark, dirty, drum & bass-sorta jam, the place was absolutely pumpin\'....

I couldn\'t agree with you more.  I\'m not a huge drum & bass fan, but stick it in the middle of a massive psygn and it puts an ear to ear grin on my face.

Quote from: princesscaspian;156280
i haven\'t busted moves like that at a breakfast show in a while... it felt good, damn good. i am so excited to see more shows.... it felt like the energy of 2005 last night.... honestly it was the first time in a while i was thinking "i can\'t f-n wait to hear this recording". . .

hell yeah!

dit-fukin\'-to!!

I just can\'t express how massive this show felt last night.  They sounded great, the lights were awesome, their playing was on fire, the crowd was wild.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 10:49:27 am by SlimPickens »

jefmcc

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 10:57:18 am »

Awesome show guys.

Whineberg

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 11:26:24 am »
I really have to detox myself off this work stuff. It is getting unhealthy.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 12:15:24 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;156250
ser second set...best psygn eva...also overexposure pwned my face

don\'t drink and post folks

what a show!! way better than the camp set...really outstanding jamming.  they were incredibly tight too (young lust was perfect).  psygn>puppetry is one of the best sequences i\'ve seen by anybody ever, and matt was a big part of it.  as i always say, overexposure is better every time i see it, so, logically, this was the best i\'ve ever seen.  i was telling elisa last night "minus the spac piper, the playing in the second set is as good as any phish i\'ve seen live"

oh also there was a "let forever be" (chemical brothers) tease...i think it was in psygn
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 12:15:24 pm by zuke583 »
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2007, 12:20:14 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;156278
word on the street is that we\'ll be back at toad\'s the thursday of the halloween run. just waiting for crescendo to confirm.

:drool: It would be pretty nice to be able to catch that whole run if it happens!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2007, 12:25:11 pm »
great time last night.. Rockstar jumps during Jump were great and the Scheme was nearly perfect. The second set took off to another world and i saved so much money from not going to the bar because i was so fixed on the band. Psygn was out of control and I cant tell u how happy i am to hear the keys in Puppetry, especially right after that first verse. See the Light too... Matt, thanks for the effort and great meeting/hearing you last night.
Way to pop the cherry right there!
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2007, 12:26:27 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;156252
it\'s the beginning

of a new age.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:holyshit: :jawdrop: :holyshit: Last night was an all out assault on the senses.  The wall of sound emanating from that stage was incredible. A four ring circus of entertainment provided pretty much the best version ever of everything they played. Huge kudos to Chad and Ellis, this show was the full package. Welcome to the big time!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2007, 12:28:15 pm »
<<< speechless and happy.
welcome aboard striker!!
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Whineberg

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2007, 12:54:23 pm »
Speechless?????=Incredible!!!!

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2007, 12:54:28 pm »
Amazing show....i picked a good one to finally come out to.    My little cohorts were impressed so hopefully they will spread the word and the new generation will start jumping aboard.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2007, 12:58:19 pm »
An absolutely marvelous performance.

I entered this show demanding to be impressed and was not disappointed. Matt\'s solo in Barley got me going with his playing and the good groove there carried over into a stellar version of WTF. And after a nice few bouncy openers, Scheme was an absolute bomb, a song I haven\'t heard in over a year. In addition to the usual insanity Scheme offers, the quiet section where they broke it down before the finish had me utterly captivated. As far as Jump, well, let\'s just say I liked the latter cover of the night a wee bit better, but still, it was a good opportunity for Matt to sing and lay down the synth.

I can\'t compare Psygn or Overexposure to other past versions at this time so I\'ll just say that they were each one of the best versions of two songs that are absolute sonic heavyweights, two songs that played their way to the top of my Breakfast catalogue in short order and deliver every time. I also gotta say though that Spunk may have been my second-set highlight. Tremendous bass and drum solos and some great trading off between Matt and Tim. It was special to see to looks on both of their faces as the band was wowing the devoted contingent.

Between sets I introduced myself to Matt and said, "Matt. My name is Chris. I\'m a fan of the band. And it sounded great." Simple and understated, the complete opposite of the show that inspired the comment.

Welcome to our world, Matt.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2007, 01:00:12 pm »
im not sure the striker has ANY CLUE what hes gotten himself into....
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2007, 01:11:30 pm »
damn, sounds like a new era of badassery has begun! can\'t wait to hear this one!

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2007, 01:43:42 pm »
It was a really good show.

It was nice to see the bfast family out in full force. Old faces, new faces everybody just seemed to be in a happy place.

With all the heavyweights in attendance if this show had been on a Friday or Sat look out.

Matts addition to the band seems to be energy. Energy from everywhere, from the fans, the recent press, the energy and smiles he broadcasts from behind the keys.

I very much enjoyed the show. There were some rough spots at the beginning. Jump was a little sloppy but fun in a weird sort of way.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19