Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-08-23 - Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT  (Read 16949 times)

Ren

• what?
Setlist: 2007-08-23 - Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2007, 11:57:38 am »
nice follow-up review chris.  well thought out.  agreed mostly, except that it was my type of puppetry however, now moving on to TLATG>Overexposure, absolutely perfect and the best one so far as far as i\'m concerned.  

now i\'m gonna put myself out there on this one, i\'ll try my best to not sound like a lame ass here, so here goes...i rarely ever get so wrapped up in a song that i take the lyrics literally, but i kinda did on this one.  my grandfather died like 3 weeks ago and i never cried, everyone else did but me, i got a few of those shudders you get when you almost lose it, but that was it.  even carrying the casket with my brother who was crying, toward the grave with eight navy guys on either side saluting, and seeing all the people watching and sobbing, i get nothing.  even after taps was palyed and the 21 gun salute...nothing, just the stupid "shudders."  whatever.  towards the end of TLATG, i got one or two of \'em.  i felt like an idiot but no one saw me, so it was ok.  if they had they probably would have thought, "wow.........that guy just almost cried..........at a breakfast show..........coooool."  

so needless to say this one is always gonna have a special spot in my memories, call it what you want, but that\'s just the way it is....can\'t wait for some acoustic shit, should be wildly fun.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2007, 12:23:49 pm »
I just uploaded some of my pictures from the night for those interested

http://www.thebreakfast.info/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=646
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2007, 01:45:07 pm »
Quote from: derickw;156854

some nice shots, brah.

although I would say the overall quality is lacking.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2007, 02:07:06 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;156862

some nice shots, brah.

i would agree honestly.... i\'ll stop posting pics now

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2007, 02:26:09 pm »
Quote from: derickw;156867
Quote from: Spacey;156862

some nice shots, brah.

i would agree honestly.... i\'ll stop posting pics now

You will continue to post pics regardless of the way you feel about your work and I will continue to discuss the lack of.

wACEted

• Metropolis Monster
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509724110
Ownage.
« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2007, 04:15:39 pm »
Grand Scheme of Things was one of the highlights of my year. Matt is PERFECT for this crew. And if any of ya\'ll miss the Blah Blah Mondays or Rude Maestro at Toad\'s last night...well, ya\'ll don\'t even know.

Whales.

Quote from: princesscaspian;156280
wow. wow. wow.

what an amazing show last night! matt, sir, WELCOME !!!!!!! he brought exactly what I was hoping for... energy & rhythm & some fresh flavor to the band. His keys layered right into the trio\'s sound and added a layer that I have really missed this last year.

although i arrived quite late and missed most of the first set, the second set was HOT!!!! that was, i am confident, the best rendition of psygn i have ever heard. broke down into this dark, dirty, drum & bass-sorta jam, the place was absolutely pumpin\'.... puppetry was also HUGE, and TL&TG > OE was killer.... not to mention a SPUNK that actually kept me moving. Adrian was on FIRE last night!!!!

i haven\'t busted moves like that at a breakfast show in a while... it felt good, damn good. i am so excited to see more shows.... it felt like the energy of 2005 last night.... honestly it was the first time in a while i was thinking "i can\'t f-n wait to hear this recording". . .

hell yeah!
One way or another this darkness got to give...

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2007, 03:58:44 pm »
The Dig Saloon Style Breakdown really is nasty. Does anyone know if Tim was playing keyboard too?  Sounds kinda like it for most it. If not wow that would be really impressive. But that breakdown is ill either way. very page like.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2007, 04:00:35 pm »
Quote from: Klout;157555
The Dig Saloon Style Breakdown really is nasty. Does anyone know if Tim was playing keyboard too?  Sounds kinda like it for most it. If not wow that would be really impressive. But that breakdown is ill either way. very page like.

my thoughts exactly.

I don\'t think Tim was playing keys but I don\'t remember much from that night now.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2007, 10:41:49 pm »
The Puppetry and Over Exposure are reeeediculous!!!!
I think those are the best two jams theyve had since striker\'s addition. I know there was a ton of praise for the Utica show, I though it was good, fun, experimental, but sloppy. This show was a lot tighter and I can\'t believe the Pup and OE jams! Wow-wow wee-wow.

Quote from: Ren;156696
nice follow-up review chris.  well thought out.  agreed mostly, except that it was my type of puppetry however, now moving on to TLATG>Overexposure, absolutely perfect and the best one so far as far as i\'m concerned.  

now i\'m gonna put myself out there on this one, i\'ll try my best to not sound like a lame ass here, so here goes...i rarely ever get so wrapped up in a song that i take the lyrics literally, but i kinda did on this one.  my grandfather died like 3 weeks ago and i never cried, everyone else did but me, i got a few of those shudders you get when you almost lose it, but that was it.  even carrying the casket with my brother who was crying, toward the grave with eight navy guys on either side saluting, and seeing all the people watching and sobbing, i get nothing.  even after taps was palyed and the 21 gun salute...nothing, just the stupid "shudders."  whatever.  towards the end of TLATG, i got one or two of \'em.  i felt like an idiot but no one saw me, so it was ok.  if they had they probably would have thought, "wow.........that guy just almost cried..........at a breakfast show..........coooool."  

so needless to say this one is always gonna have a special spot in my memories, call it what you want, but that\'s just the way it is....can\'t wait for some acoustic shit, should be wildly fun.

Far from a lame ass my friend.. Unless of course I\'m a lame ass. Music is the only thing that consistently brings me to tears. I could go a year without a tear for anything sad or mournful, but music pulls more emotion out of me than anything else (number 2 would be literature... like Huck Finn\'s, "Alright then, I\'ll go to hell." Glorious.) For instance, I was driving to work on Tuesday morning and this Over Exposure completely caught me by surprise, causing my entire body to burn and goosebump. My eyes grew wet. I\'m not saying I busted out tissue, but when it\'s live and in the flesh I have cried many a time at shows. Reba brought me to tears twice, I remember Kimock\'s "Tangled Hangers" did it to me, and I believe "Glory"? by Umphrey\'s did at NYE show, "Triumph" by the Biscuits... I\'m not going to get into The Breakfast, that\'s a tad embarassing. But yeah, so what, call me a hoo haa if you want. I LOVE IT!

I think it\'s great you had this experience.

Oh and by the way, how can you guys, you know who, possibly hate on this Psygn? Naaasty.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 10:41:49 pm by Gordo »
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2007, 08:47:27 am »
^^^^ i get the same feelings, and it\'s so much more transcending when you get to see it live. and to be able to relive those moments listening to recordings....... man i\'m listening to the Acoustic Cafe show....... that whole night was an experience and one i can\'t wait to relive, i WILL NOT miss Wallingford this Sunday.

there is NO such thing as a bad Psygn period