Author Topic: should i get wasted today?  (Read 1160 times)

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
should i get wasted today?
« on: August 23, 2007, 12:03:42 pm »
i have been unemployed for the past two weeks (they found out i was about to quit and pre-empted me). everyday i wake up and start the job search at 9am and don\'t stop til 5pm. i have had a phone interview this morning which has led to an in-person interview tomorrow. i\'ll probably get it, and at a higher salary in a new, more interesting to me field. i have also already sent out half dozen resumes/cover letters already today. so, i feel as if i have had a productive day. the neighbors are all out, so i can turn up the geetar nice and loud. still have wine/beer in the fridge... the dog looks like he won\'t mind being walked to the park.... i dunno, its kinda hard figuring out why i should work.

except of course, that jill works no less than tweleve hours a day and i\'d feel bad being wrecked when she gets home.

decisions, decisions.....

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 12:39:46 pm »
this should really be a poll.

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 12:43:32 pm »
it should, but i\'m lazy.

y or n will suffice... well five y\'s or five n\'s, i suppose...

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 12:44:44 pm »
I say trip your balls off. solo trips are fun and being that we are roughly the same age we don\'t get that much opportunity to do it so I say go all out.

lots of beer. tunes etc. go nutz.

By the time the other half comes home you\'ll be on the downward slope and ready for some more fun
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 12:49:01 pm »
well, i\'d love to trip, but alas, am unable. i mean, i guess i could go down to the creek and start licking toads, but....

you\'re right, though. i on\'t usually get to have a completely throw away day, and if i get all fuzzy now i should be somewhat recovered by 9 or so when jill gets home... hmmm... i did want to go shopping for a new jacket/tie combo tonight, though... awww fuggit! i\'ve got some extra belly pills, plenty of alkeyhaul, and i\'m sure there\'s something else around here i can turn into recreation....

guess i already really knew the answer to this one, huh?! :lol:

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 01:35:10 pm »
absolutely!
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 04:09:04 pm »
muuuch better....

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 04:20:12 pm »
Quote from: jking;156188
muuuch better....

just lick a toad?

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 04:22:08 pm »
Go for it Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 04:24:48 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;156196
Go for it Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

shouldn\'t you be working, umpa lumpa?

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 04:39:47 pm »
just got done with most of a bottle of wine, took a pain pill for my stomach, something else was partaken of i\'m sure, and then, to top it all off, a nice looong, loooud jam session. you gotta love a good looping pedal when you just want to play screaming solo after screaming solo, ya know?! now, my fingers hurt, my wines gone and my head is fuzzy. perfectly fine thursday afternoon, if you ask me! :)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 05:17:31 pm »
as long as you got the herbs you\'re all set
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 05:29:56 pm »
Quote from: jking;156202
just got done with most of a bottle of wine, took a pain pill for my stomach, something else was partaken of i\'m sure, and then, to top it all off, a nice looong, loooud jam session. you gotta love a good looping pedal when you just want to play screaming solo after screaming solo, ya know?! now, my fingers hurt, my wines gone and my head is fuzzy. perfectly fine thursday afternoon, if you ask me! :)

sounds like a wonderful afternoon.

hope you enjoyed it.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 05:52:06 pm »
Quote from: jking;156128
i have been unemployed for the past two weeks (they found out i was about to quit and pre-empted me).

Wow, same here!!!   Except I\'ve only been unemployed two days.   You see, I was job hunting and looking for a new job......and one day...i found my own job advertised on careerbuilder.com.   I confronted them, and they lied to me.  So I went away on vacation, and they were plotting to can me when i got back....but i beat them to the punch and sent them my resignation letter while i was away.  But i don\'t care. I had an interview today, and another next week, and I\'ll probably end up making more money with less of a commute.

Companies are evil.  

I say, get drunk!

bellbottomtear

• LLama LLover
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 06:07:12 pm »
;)Good to see you made the right descision!I just got home from my JOB(hate that word).Hope your still enjoying!Your neighbors were out?AWSOME!I am moving outa apt. in 81/2 days thanks to mine so..sounds like you made the best of the day!
Just save your girl a glass of that wine(if she drinks) for when she comes home from work and is tired. and needs to relax:D.Im sure it will be greatly appreciated!
"If it don\'t feel right you don\'t have to do it,
Just leave a message on the phone and tell them to screw it
After all is said and done you can\'t go pleasin\' everyone
So screw it"- John Lennon