Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-08-18 - Camp Bisco; Mariaville, NY  (Read 11512 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Setlist: 2007-08-18 - Camp Bisco; Mariaville, NY
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2007, 12:01:29 am »
Quote from: Klout;155662
a good example of how open to sounds other than unnttzz unnnttzz unntttzzz your typical bisco custi is.

if you need further proof of what brainless haters these people are go to "captorofsins" myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/atomrattoe) and listen to the tracks to get an idea of what this tool considers to be good music.

hahahaaaa!! "i don\'t smoke pot but i know he did." absolutely retarded. good call klout, but i just meant its hard to swallow hearing anyone say some shit like that because of 1.my love for their music and 2.the word of mouth thing in such a dirty way. bastard needs a stick of orbit.... those tunes are absurd!!
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

ulee

• Psygned in
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2007, 09:20:02 am »
:( i hate haters.  i\'ve never really liked the overall vibe of the bisco scene.
elisa - classic pics!  
sad I missed it but glad y\'all had a blast !

kartoon42

• overexposed
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2007, 10:15:25 am »
no offense to any biscuits heads out there, but that scene is probably the worst scene going in terms of a "jamband" scene. the music is just so so, i find them to be one of the most overrated bands, the audience consists of doped out drug addicts and show wookies. i always have such a wierd vibe at bisco shows, maybe i just need to dose myself up like most people there

just my opinion
break it down, simplify

OMS

• Egg-Head
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2007, 11:24:10 am »
ive never liked the disco biscuits. ive listened to every album, tons of live shows, and seem them 2 or 3 times. the scene, the fans, and the music all are embarrasing to me. you should have seen some of the guys at their brooklyn show last wed with umphreys. ive never seen people so annoying and inconsiderate during a set. durring umphreys they would yell and basicaly hit people..

one guy even burned this other guy with his cig without apologizing..that same guy went around trying to whisper in guys\' ears about weird shit..he would like zoom in on a new guy every few min and like try to whisper shit to them it was beyond weird..and oh yeah, not to mention that music is a complete joke

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2007, 11:24:39 am »
nice to see in the photo of Ellis that my tizer is still around.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

tmn8r1

• Guitar Slave
    • http://www.thebreakfast.org
The Breakfast Write-up in the Bisco Program
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2007, 11:39:57 am »
The Breakfast by Mike Greenhaus (Relix)

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know. You never liked jambands, you grew up listening to psy-trance and the only thing you like for Breakfast is beats. I mean it\'s not like you first saw the Breakfast back in their "psychedelic days" playing in the parking lot at Oswego \'99, watched the Connecticut-bred trio win a Jammy at the Garden in 2004 and, when you\'re slightly tipsy, accidentally refer to "Nectar\'s" as "Toad\'s Place" and "Jeff Holdsworth" as ex-keyboard player "Jordan Giangreco." But, in all seriousness, when it comes to jamming, the Breakfast knows their recipe: they keep their jams tight, their compositions quirky and their guitarist skinny and bi-speckled (just Josh Clarking you, Tim Palmieri). In fact, perhaps there is a reason why the Breakfast has outlasted most of their fourth-generation jamband brethren (if not that darn "Piper" at Spac \'04). Now if only we can figure out why they chose to name their second album Deuce
When words leave off, music begins. - Heinrich Heine

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2007, 11:42:24 am »
Quote from: tmn8r1;155692

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know. You never liked jambands, you grew up listening to psy-trance and the only thing you like for Breakfast is beats. I mean it\'s not like you first saw the Breakfast back in their "psychedelic days" playing in the parking lot at Oswego \'99, watched the Connecticut-bred trio win a Jammy at the Garden in 2004 and, when you\'re slightly tipsy, accidentally refer to "Nectar\'s" as "Toad\'s Place" and "Jeff Holdsworth" as ex-keyboard player "Jordan Giangreco." But, in all seriousness, when it comes to jamming, the Breakfast knows their recipe: they keep their jams tight, their compositions quirky and their guitarist skinny and bi-speckled (just Josh Clarking you, Tim Palmieri). In fact, perhaps there is a reason why the Breakfast has outlasted most of their fourth-generation jamband brethren (if not that darn "Piper" at Spac \'04). Now if only we can figure out why they chose to name their second album Deuce

I kind of like the above write up. It gives props while at the same time being snarky. As if a .infoer wrote it ;)
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2007, 11:44:32 am »
here is a quick review by a ts.com member

"Just got back.  Some really great music.  I didn\'t tape anything unfortunately, but I did see a set of 414\'s (I think), that ran the entire weekend.

Some very interesting folk that the festival brought out of hiding.  I loved the music, but the scene was just a bit overwhelming.  You can only have heroin and coke pushed on you so many times.

Bisco was TIGHT though, and Umphrey\'s was too.  Both of STS9\'s sets were spectacular.  Giant Panda settled everyone down a bit.  (They needed it).  And The Breakfast were awesome.

I didn\'t get much sleep at all, seeing that one of our neighbors was tripping out of his mind at 4:30 in the morning... Yelling: "When the fuck is all this traffic going to move?  How convinient we all have tents!"

Extrememly interesting weekend.  Felt great to take a shower.  Hope all that attended made it back safely.

Peace

-Prez"
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2007, 12:15:18 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;155694
"When the fuck is all this traffic going to move?  How convinient we all have tents!"

that is pretty funny...at 4 pm.  i\'m personally a fan of stepping out the port-o-potty and letting the next person in line know that "I don\'t think that toilet\'s flushing correctly."

and is all the bisco hate really necessary?  i understand the frustration with some of the crowd, but the organization was nice enough to book our favorite band at their festival, and the band itself put on an amazing few days of music.  believe me, there are definetely some asshole fans out there, as well as some "doped out drug addicts and show wookies," but when a scene gets to be a certain size, that\'s inevitable (yeah yeah there are more assholes at a biscuits show then phish ever had, but you get my point).

Quote from: ulee;155678
:( i hate haters.  i\'ve never really liked the overall vibe of the bisco scene.
elisa - classic pics!  
sad I missed it but glad y\'all had a blast !

we missed you this year jujuca...we had a 5 am drum circle in your honor
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 12:15:18 pm by zuke583 »
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2007, 12:18:13 pm »

This was a great read yesterday and just as good today.

Having had the opportunity to hear the set yesterday afternoon, I can confirm that Matt has already begun to add in a little to the songs. Its exciting to be able to go to a show and hear some of these tunes like its the first time played. Buquebus definitely had a little extra keys going during the Buquebus intro.

Definitely a nice little set. Tunage sounded a little short. Buquebus was good. OE was played well and WUIAC is a nice start.

Perhaps, Todd can confirm this but I heard that Digital Soundboards has copies of this show for sell. I believe it is a matrix, if I remember correctly.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2007, 12:41:44 pm »
i like that write-up.

and yes there is no reason to shred the Biscuits and their music over this. i think their music was better years ago, more organic if you will, and sammy\'s departure has hurt them. but they have created solid music over the years, they were pioneers with the trancefusion movement, and their writing/musicianship was at one point top-notch shit. i just think theyve gotten lazy when it comes to exploration and composing music. barber used to groove so much more, magner used to throw down a lot more classical waltz-like piano licks and altman was the glue. their shows are less dynamic, that\'s why i dont run to their shows anymore, but i wont rip them a new ass because some of their fans blow.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2007, 12:43:59 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;155701

This was a great read yesterday and just as good today.

Having had the opportunity to hear the set yesterday afternoon, I can confirm that Matt has already begun to add in a little to the songs. Its exciting to be able to go to a show and hear some of these tunes like its the first time played. Buquebus definitely had a little extra keys going during the Buquebus intro.

Definitely a nice little set. Tunage sounded a little short. Buquebus was good. OE was played well and WUIAC is a nice start.

Perhaps, Todd can confirm this but I heard that Digital Soundboards has copies of this show for sell. I believe it is a matrix, if I remember correctly.

:link:?
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2007, 12:47:30 pm »
Playing the main stage was definitely a bonus but 99% of the people at camp bisco 07 would not have cared even if it was the sickest breakfast show ever.

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2007, 01:10:26 pm »
that greenhaus write up is the tits
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2007, 01:15:45 pm »
" Yeah, yeah, yeah I know. You never liked jambands, you grew up listening to psy-trance and the only thing you like for Breakfast is beats."

Thats a pretty classic line right there.