Author Topic: Breakfast @ Wormfest ??  (Read 1887 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Breakfast @ Wormfest ??
« on: August 15, 2007, 05:06:44 pm »
I thought Breakfast was basically a shoe-in for Wormtown festivals... but they\'re not listed... or is it that they\'re just not listed *yet* ?

I\'m on the fence about this festival if anyone has any insider info, spill dem beans plz
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
Breakfast @ Wormfest ??
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 08:25:23 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;155338
I thought Breakfast was basically a shoe-in for Wormtown festivals... but they\'re not listed... or is it that they\'re just not listed *yet* ?

I\'m on the fence about this festival if anyone has any insider info, spill dem beans plz

Wormtown productions has no love for the Breakfast, period. which is sad because the fans like the music but the promoters and wormtown insiders are GAY!!!!

Zeits Se Charni Hwee Wormtown
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Breakfast @ Wormfest ??
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 10:25:32 am »
Quote from: derickw;155387
Quote from: bdfreetuna;155338

Wormtown productions has no love for the Breakfast, period. which is sad because the fans like the music but the promoters and wormtown insiders are GAY!!!!

Zeits Se Charni Hwee Wormtown

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

That has to be the dumbest post ever. They have played just about every Wormtown and Strangecreek. Gab and Mark are some of the nicest people in the scene and probably the last people you would want to diss. They were giving the Breakfast HEADLINING spots before anyone else at a fest.

And the same WOrmtown insiders that are Gay as you claim are / is the same people putting on Camp Bisco.

It is always fun when folks on this board talk out of their ASS
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
Breakfast @ Wormfest ??
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 11:09:33 am »
all i know is i talked to a couple of the Wormtown guys and they were dicks. sure they give the Breakfast a slot on there fest what won\'t they do to sell a couple more tickets. but what time slot do they get....... and how hard is it to spell the breakfast on a board as you enter a festival. sure the guy that runs Mill Street is a cool guy and i met another promoter that runs kind sounds a radio program on a college radio station up here in RI. Maybe i\'ve just met the assholes, one guy basically told me i could go tell the breakfast to fuck themselves. and he is one of most visible wormtown guys i see in RI.

I\'m not gonna go around kissing some dudes ass because he thinks he\'s the best thing since sliced bread... sorry. and if someone talks to me like i\'m shit they can go fuck themselves to

one bad apple can ruin the bunch... i guess the same thing can be said about me

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Breakfast @ Wormfest ??
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 11:27:12 am »
Wormtown is also Meatcamp or just someone from Wormtown also works for Meatcamp? I can see some cross resemblance from what I have found.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Breakfast @ Wormfest ??
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 11:31:25 am »
The only people who are really Wormtown is Mark And Gab.

anyone else just works there.

The Breakfast having their name spelled wrong has happened to a lot of bands at worm events so it isn\'t that they were singled out.

Wormtown is based out of Mass so not sure who you are talking to in RI. Perhaps they are simply max Creek fans you run in to.

The Breakfast have HEADLINED their fest before. They get slots like everyone else. And Asking the bfast to be on the bill is not about selling tickets. How many .info folks go to these shows ? very few if any. When they do they usually come in the van with the band.

No one asked you to kiss anyones ass. but your anger might be better placed at these people you mention and not the worms who have supported the breakfast for years.

late night cabin shows
Headlining spots
regular day slots
Mill Street shows

Tim sitting in with Creek etc etc

A very good friend of mine is the Festival Coordinator for Camp Bisco and is also the same for  Wormtown. All of whom work for and with Mark And Gab. So Me thinks you are not talking to the right folks
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
Breakfast @ Wormfest ??
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 11:59:06 am »
Bigger guy, longer curly hair = dick
shorter guy, skinny, always happy = pretty cool kid...... i say kid but both are in there 30\'s

i don\'t kiss anyones ass or even try but if in conversation or when i\'m passing out fliers and cd\'s and you scoff at me and tell me the breakfast can go fuckthemselves, damn straight i\'ll tell you the same. even more so when i know your suppose to be a professional and you give me the same attitude...... poor

and it\'s not necessarily selling tickets but getting people up and moving and having a good time.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Breakfast @ Wormfest ??
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 12:14:31 pm »
All I know is that blonde chick that pretty much runs MSB, and she has been cool as shit to me throughout the years.  She even gives me shit cuz I only go to her venue for Breakfast shows anymore.  I\'ve felt they\'ve had nothing but love for us and the Breakfast in the past.  I think the people you\'re thinking of are more affiliated w/ Max Creek than Wormtown specifically.

Any event that gets David Ortiz to a Breakfast show, I\'m all for.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Breakfast @ Wormfest ??
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 02:06:49 pm »
What Breakfast show was David Ortiz at?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Breakfast @ Wormfest ??
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 04:28:18 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;155409
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Breakfast @ Wormfest ??
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 04:31:52 pm »
i guess you never met him.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Breakfast @ Wormfest ??
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 04:35:27 pm »
can\'t say I did.

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Breakfast @ Wormfest ??
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 04:42:31 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;155431
Quote from: Spacey;155409

he\'s at just about every show i\'ve been to in MA/NH
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

davepeck

• Administrator
Breakfast @ Wormfest ??
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 04:44:59 pm »
<- gets the joke.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Breakfast @ Wormfest ??
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 05:31:17 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;155439
<- gets the joke.

aha!

I think I might get it now. Talking about the dude in the Red Sox shirt every show?