Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-08-12 - Gathering Of The Vibes; Bridgeport, CT  (Read 16704 times)

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
Setlist: 2007-08-12 - Gathering Of The Vibes; Bridgeport, CT
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2007, 12:32:42 pm »
one of my favorite shots from that day

http://imageshack.us">http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/3235/crw7035rt8bf5.jpg" border="0" alt="Image Hosted by ImageShack.us"/>
Shot at 2007-08-14

GREAT SET!!!! i can\'t wait for more. i was right up front and heard nothing as far as bad sound except when i walked over to the left of the stage and a weird cracking was coming from the left speaker but i think Chandwick figured it out after a couple minutes. I mean the speakers were sitting in the HOT sun all weekend and i think they were definitely feeling the heat. i was expecting another speak disaster like UAC3
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 12:35:51 pm by derickw »
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2007, 12:38:24 pm »
Unless Matt robotizes Tricky Ways by adding multiple arpeggiated Oscillators, I doubt it will ever sound interesting.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2007, 02:04:59 pm »
I was only there from the beginning thru the start of intension before I bailed.

I really thought Matts playing added some maturity to the sound As well as a touch of class. Not that the bfast never had class but he added a classical feel to some of his playing and I really liked his stage presence. He certainly gives you something to watch and he brings a stage energy that the bfast never really seemed to have.

I watched from behind the stage because i\'m about as white as can be and the sun was seriously kicking my ass. But it gave me a great view of Adrian and Matt. Regardless of the set it is always a huge pleasure to walk in to a show and immediately be greeted by the bfast family. We may all have our differences of opinions and we may have differing aspirations but I felt immediately at home and it was a much needed pick me up to a long week in Bridgeport.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2007, 02:53:37 pm »
Quote from: Mark;155160
This show kicked ass beginning to end, Matt has immediately brought this band to another level, and given the level they were at, that is sayin\' something.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Whathefunk

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2007, 02:57:11 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;155153
A wise man once told me that your state of mind at a show is often more important than the state of the music. It\'s hard to be brought to your feet by anything at all after a few days of brain-fry.

Over the years I have realized how little attention people pay to sound quality (in general) and their position in the crowd which drastically changes their \'filter\' for the music. There are times I\'m content staying in one spot, but most often I\'m relentless in finding that glorious window where your ears feel hooked up with every member in the band. It\'s like listening to a shitty recording of Over Exposure in a Chevy Tracker when BAM! you\'re suddenly in the middle of a Bose showroom with Moxie Epoxy\'s version pumping from every felt covered box of magic. That moment when all is heard is like Campbell\'s Soup for an 8-year old on a frozen February evening.

I\'m licking my chops for their Chicago arrival.

i\'d like to nominate for post of the year

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2007, 03:18:29 pm »
Quote from: Whathefunk;155183
A wise man once told me that your state of mind at a show is often more important than the state of the music. It\'s hard to be brought to your feet by anything at all after a few days of brain-fry.

Over the years I have realized how little attention people pay to sound quality (in general) and their position in the crowd which drastically changes their \'filter\' for the music. There are times I\'m content staying in one spot, but most often I\'m relentless in finding that glorious window where your ears feel hooked up with every member in the band. It\'s like listening to a shitty recording of Over Exposure in a Chevy Tracker when BAM! you\'re suddenly in the middle of a Bose showroom with Moxie Epoxy\'s version pumping from every felt covered box of magic. That moment when all is heard is like Campbell\'s Soup for an 8-year old on a frozen February evening.

i would, but the post implies that Moxie Epoxy and Bose speakers are things that sound good.

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2007, 04:32:22 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;155184

i would, but the post implies that Moxie Epoxy and Bose speakers are things that sound good.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

I read the BOSE comment and figured I would let it slide :)

And Dave, do you think we will ever run in to each other at a show again ? I have been wanting to buy you a beer and apologize in person ever since. Seems like eons since we were at the same show
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2007, 04:40:40 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;155184

I would like to nominate for funny post of the year :lol:
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

deevahgrl

• choose your vice
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2007, 04:50:13 pm »
Quote from: derickw;155162
one of my favorite shots from that day

http://imageshack.us">http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/3235/crw7035rt8bf5.jpg" border="0" alt="Image Hosted by ImageShack.us"/>
Shot at 2007-08-14

That photo is SICK!!! Well done Derick.  Good to see you...I think we all had a bit of heat stroke at that point or we would have stuck around for a sec.
We breathe deep in a steam dream, and plunge below the water line...Down, down, down between beams, to the gloom room among the sea**** and the slime...Melt...

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2007, 04:55:39 pm »
John Medeski is the poor man\'s Matt Oestreicher.  CONFIRMED!!
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Nermel9

• the nice girl
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2007, 05:00:13 pm »
I think we all had a bit of heat stroke

Yeah...I definitely did!  If Brandon didn\'t suggest we go to the back of the stage where there was shade I probably would have had to go home, I was pretty close to passing out... :shrug:  Anyway, I like Matt already, he fits in with the band really well, I have no problem with anything they did at the Vibes, it was great for just an hour long set!  Can\'t wait for Toad\'s Place! :D

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2007, 05:07:52 pm »
The sun was a doozie. Wish I could see the photo, I\'ll have to wait till home.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2007, 05:09:06 pm »
Quote from: TreyChica;155191
John Medeski is the poor man\'s Matt Oestreicher.  CONFIRMED!!

:banapple:

I think the verdict might still be out on that one...
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2007, 05:38:47 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;155187
And Dave, do you think we will ever run in to each other at a show again ? I have been wanting to buy you a beer and apologize in person ever since. Seems like eons since we were at the same show

it\'s all good, mike, but it has been a damn while, hasn\'t it? hopefully with more shows popping up on the schedule, it will happen sooner rather than later..

there was just no way i was making it out of the house on sunday..

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2007, 05:46:10 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;155206
Quote from: kindm\'s;155187

it\'s all good, mike, but it has been a damn while, hasn\'t it? hopefully with more shows popping up on the schedule, it will happen sooner rather than later..

there was just no way i was making it out of the house on sunday..

I saw Joe Mango who was working that stage with connor (sp) and he said there was no place to setup except in the sand. I was like I don\'t think I want to do that. He said that we should be able to get his 2 track board recording tho. I will see whats up with that in a few days or so