Author Topic: Should the next release be live?  (Read 2256 times)

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Should the next release be live?
« on: August 07, 2007, 04:34:39 pm »
I think it would be cool if the band compiled a highlights album for the trio period.  We got to witness some out of control Queebs and Gladys\' this past year. It would be a shame if they weren\'t documented and offered to the general public....  Maybe throw in a Tuneage, Slack and Eshcers 3+4.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 04:44:20 pm »
I agree. It would be nice to see which documented shows the band would consider some of their best. Nice idea but I\'m not sure how feasible it will be for them since most of the shows we could get off of archive.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 04:50:13 pm »
I was under the impression they had a DAT archive themselves, loaded with boards and what not. Mind you this would be a compilation, not a release of one show in particular.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 05:05:23 pm »
if they didnt want to release a jordan show after they became a trio why would they want to release a trio show now that they have matt in the band?

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 05:19:32 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF;154537
if they didnt want to release a jordan show after they became a trio why would they want to release a trio show now that they have matt in the band?

I believe this is debatable as to why they should release one from the Trio era. I personally think they overcame a lot of odds to accomplish some great moments. They had to relearn many tunes and restructure them to fight a 3 piece. There are a few points I can think of that make the Trio period different from the original set up.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 05:40:07 pm »
Yeah def not release a trio live album.

Wait till Matt has some break-in time with the band and see how things are.

But this might be a good idea... unless the band / producers are totally convinced they can produce a studio album that tops Deuce. IMO Real Radio and Moxie had quality songs, but they just didn\'t shine through in production.

I\'m personally pulling for a sick concept album. Moxie had the concept album cover art... but most definitely was not. I wanna hear Breakfast\'s "Rift".
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 05:44:15 pm »
it would be cool to see a live album(no matter how many people are playing on it) that showcases some of the tunes that never made an album.

Gladys
Merge
Language
Dig?
etc.

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 05:55:03 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;154548
I wanna hear Breakfast\'s "Rift".

That\'s a toughie!
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 08:39:28 pm »
The next release, in my opinion should NOT be a live album, however, it probably will be.......

Definitely not from the trio.  This band is NOW a quartet, and that is how it is going forward......The trio was great, but its over and done with.........

Personally I think they should finish the summer and fall and go into the studio in the winter*.

However, they will probably release a live quartet album first.........

*If they do go back into the studio I surely hope they try to go elsewhere for production.  Deuce, Real Radio, and Moxie Epoxy, DO NOT really sound the way this band should sound.....No offense to Vic and everyone who worked on the record, but 3 strikes and you are out....Its not personal brah.....just business.........It would be like hiring a company to do work for you, and they did a decent job, but nothing stellar, yet you hire them again and again and again???????? sorry chipper. bigger and better things are out there......
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 08:52:30 pm »
ohhhh yahhh, a live disc would be headie....
need a venue with some good acoustics i suppose...but whatever, I don\'t produce music...

Quote from: Stephengencs;154565

*If they do go back into the studio I surely hope they try to go elsewhere for production.  Deuce, Real Radio, and Moxie Epoxy, DO NOT really sound the way this band should sound.....No offense to Vic and everyone who worked on the record, but 3 strikes and you are out....Its not personal brah.....just business.........It would be like hiring a company to do work for you, and they did a decent job, but nothing stellar, yet you hire them again and again and again???????? sorry chipper. bigger and better things are out there......

Yes, I like the sounds of this going-forward...
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 08:59:59 pm »
No offense to Vic and everyone who worked on the record, but 3 strikes and you are out....Its not personal brah.....just business.........It would be like hiring a company to do work for you, and they did a decent job, but nothing stellar, yet you hire them again and again and again???????? sorry chipper. bigger and better things are out there......

I thought Vic & Co. produced the last few albums?  That requires allocating capital/taking on risk, which no one else was necessarily going to do at the time.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 09:02:03 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 09:04:29 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;154570
No offense to Vic and everyone who worked on the record, but 3 strikes and you are out....Its not personal brah.....just business.........It would be like hiring a company to do work for you, and they did a decent job, but nothing stellar, yet you hire them again and again and again???????? sorry chipper. bigger and better things are out there......

I thought Vic & Co. produced the last few albums?  That requires allocating capital/taking on risk, which no one else was necessarily going to do at the time.

True Al, however, their efforts have yielded nothing. Nada. Zip.........Again, its not personal, just give someone else a shot.  Maybe nobody is ready to take a chance yet, but then wait and just perform live shows as a quartet until someone is ready......thats my opinion......and that is all.

Its like when I was told that I am just not Road Manager material......I didnt take it to heart.  You have to be stern, and well.... a hard ass and a dick at times, and I just dont have that in me.  I realized that, understood it, and moved on........nothing personal, just biz broseph.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 09:06:37 pm by Stephengencs »
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 09:22:19 pm »
it also helps if the road manager is the least spun guy around... ;)

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 09:28:43 pm »
Quote from: jking;154573
it also helps if the road manager is the least spun guy around... ;)

OMG SOOOOWNED
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 09:29:42 pm »
Hey Josh Dobson:  where is Zone 2?  :wave:
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex