Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-08-12 - Gathering Of The Vibes; Bridgeport, CT  (Read 16703 times)

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
Setlist: 2007-08-12 - Gathering Of The Vibes; Bridgeport, CT
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2007, 11:29:19 am »
Quote from: Whathefunk;155183
Quote from: Gordo;155153
A wise man once told me that your state of mind at a show is often more important than the state of the music. It\'s hard to be brought to your feet by anything at all after a few days of brain-fry.

Over the years I have realized how little attention people pay to sound quality (in general) and their position in the crowd which drastically changes their \'filter\' for the music. There are times I\'m content staying in one spot, but most often I\'m relentless in finding that glorious window where your ears feel hooked up with every member in the band. It\'s like listening to a shitty recording of Over Exposure in a Chevy Tracker when BAM! you\'re suddenly in the middle of a Bose showroom with Moxie Epoxy\'s version pumping from every felt covered box of magic. That moment when all is heard is like Campbell\'s Soup for an 8-year old on a frozen February evening.

I\'m licking my chops for their Chicago arrival.

i\'d like to nominate for post of the year

:lol: I\'d like to nominate for best thread derailment of the year! ;)
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2007, 12:49:04 pm »
I just updated the gallery with a couple shots from the day. i think a couple double posted i\'m gonna have to go through and figure out why

http://www.thebreakfast.info/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=646
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2007, 02:50:53 pm »
Quote from: Matt o;155500
This first show was a whirlwind for me.  keyboards that I never played before at awkward heights, getting used to playing standing up, realizing that these guys do alot of spontaneous stuff on stage.  Basically, I had no idea what i was doing.  I got alot of learning to do.  Got some new gear (Hammond XK organ, Yamaha Motif).  I\'m gonna end up with 5 or 6 keyboards up there.  Maybe some other kinds of toys also(punching bags, newspapers, radios, video games, etc).   In the first press photo for the band I am kinda hanging back.  This is because in the first (about 6) months I will be learning the tunes and basically try to keep up with these guys.  After that I will start bringing more of my tunes and vocals and general craziness in the mix.   Lots of new sounds/stories in the works.   So (I)we may sound a little sloppy in the beginning but soon enough well have lots of ambience, intense jams, video stuff, new tunes, sit-ins, more unexpected stuff, and who knows what else.  It was so great to see everybody there on the beach.  I am really looking forward to connecting with everybody musically and otherwise.  I am so lucky to have stumbled into this incredible band and community!  Ok, I better get back to practicing the Bisco set.  

P.S. we had a little jam in Brooklyn last night at Studio B for the after party of the Disco Biscuits and Umphrey\'s show.  I got to jam with the drummer from the Disco Biscuits and the keyboardist from U-Melt.  They were great!  I also played with a group called BioDiesel(live electronica/ drum n bass stuff).  They were quite amazing.   so much music to check out!  see you at Bisco!

I look forward to being awestruck by Oestreicher!
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2007, 04:33:40 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;155520
Quote from: Whathefunk;155183
Quote from: Gordo;155153
A wise man once told me that your state of mind at a show is often more important than the state of the music. It\'s hard to be brought to your feet by anything at all after a few days of brain-fry.

Over the years I have realized how little attention people pay to sound quality (in general) and their position in the crowd which drastically changes their \'filter\' for the music. There are times I\'m content staying in one spot, but most often I\'m relentless in finding that glorious window where your ears feel hooked up with every member in the band. It\'s like listening to a shitty recording of Over Exposure in a Chevy Tracker when BAM! you\'re suddenly in the middle of a Bose showroom with Moxie Epoxy\'s version pumping from every felt covered box of magic. That moment when all is heard is like Campbell\'s Soup for an 8-year old on a frozen February evening.

I\'m licking my chops for their Chicago arrival.

i\'d like to nominate for post of the year

:lol: I\'d like to nominate for best thread derailment of the year! ;)

HA!
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2007, 05:31:53 pm »
oooh, video games!

For those who were there.... and for those who missed it:

Bob Weir + Ratdog\'s GOTV show on archive..
http://www.archive.org/details/ratdog2007-08-11.ratdogvibes2007-08-11
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 05:31:53 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2007, 05:46:15 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;155571
oooh, video games!

For some reason I didn\'t think Ratdog was on the archive.  Now I can grab the set they played at GG Park a few months ago.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2007, 05:47:42 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;155576
Quote from: bdfreetuna;155571
oooh, video games!

For some reason I didn\'t think Ratdog was on the archive.  Now I can grab the set they played at GG Park a few months ago.

I know just recently the OK was given for stuff from 2003 -> on but that might have been just borads I don\'t recall exactly but it is def recent that they started allowing it
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2007, 05:57:35 pm »
Too bad there\'s no George Clinton on the archive..... that show was so sick

did any of you happen to catch that Friday night? I thought they were even better than Deep Banana Blackout
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2007, 06:30:26 pm »
I heard the Pfunk set was ser and the Les set was awesome with Les coming out by himself for like the first 1/2 hour or so and then being joined by the rest of the band one member at a time.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2007, 09:26:59 pm »
Les was fucked IMO. I almost couldn\'t handle that shit at the time. I think he was just fucking with the crowd for the first hour or so, until finally his band came out and they started to make something resembling music.

So many acid heads were evacuating the field during the beginning of Les because that shit was chaotic in a not really musical way.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2007, 11:12:02 pm »
weird. He usually puts on a solid show.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2007, 12:06:22 am »
ive definitely seen some horrible Les sets and some really solid ones. High Sierra main stage a few years back was horrible and, like you said tuna, "chaotic in a not really musical way."
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2007, 07:16:55 am »
Quote from: Matt o;155500
This first show was a whirlwind for me.  keyboards that I never played before at awkward heights, getting used to playing standing up, realizing that these guys do alot of spontaneous stuff on stage.  Basically, I had no idea what i was doing.  I got alot of learning to do.  Got some new gear (Hammond XK organ, Yamaha Motif).  I\'m gonna end up with 5 or 6 keyboards up there.  Maybe some other kinds of toys also(punching bags, newspapers, radios, video games, etc).   In the first press photo for the band I am kinda hanging back.  This is because in the first (about 6) months I will be learning the tunes and basically try to keep up with these guys.  After that I will start bringing more of my tunes and vocals and general craziness in the mix.   Lots of new sounds/stories in the works.   So (I)we may sound a little sloppy in the beginning but soon enough well have lots of ambience, intense jams, video stuff, new tunes, sit-ins, more unexpected stuff, and who knows what else.  It was so great to see everybody there on the beach.  I am really looking forward to connecting with everybody musically and otherwise.  I am so lucky to have stumbled into this incredible band and community!  Ok, I better get back to practicing the Bisco set.  

Awesome!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2007, 08:58:36 am »
Quote from: leith;155596

Awesome!

good to see you so enthusiatstic, Mr. Duval
:inky:
::cross continental hi-five::
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.