Author Topic: General - Breakfast Question  (Read 7839 times)

peaches626

General - Breakfast Question
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2007, 09:50:51 am »
Thanks slim, tho it is little, I do all I can.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2007, 10:58:26 am »
Quote from: Yoda;152929
I don\'t really think that it\'s a negative/pessimistic POV, it\'s more of a realist POV.  I think that the one common thing we share, is that we all want to see this band succeed and we support them however we can.  And fans shouldn\'t criticize how other fans show support - you don\'t have to be an super/uber fan going to every show to be a fan.

It\'s all good Peaches. I loves ya.  But as the bold quote states, I\'m coming from a realistic POV. There\'s only so much we can do as fans. However, if their closest friends can\'t get it through their heads as to what they need to do, then we\'re about as effective as a fly on a windshield.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2007, 02:09:42 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;152930
Quote from: TreyChica;152922
Cool.  Really puts the hurt on my python boot......  

I don\'t know what that means, but that\'s f\'in funny!!  Hope ya don\'t mind, I\'m gonna try to work that into conversation today.  I\'ve got a department meeting @ 9.... gonna start there.

Quote from: peaches626;152923
ha, cmon guy im bustin your balls, i just think your a bit negative a bit too often.... dont let leith bring you down to his level is all im sayin....

Hey Peaches, thanks for bringing a needed taint humor into this thread.  It was really starting to bring me down.

I love the assumptions brought to the table by the nay sayers, like:

1. if they toured more they\'d be bigger.  Maybe so, maybe not.  Anyone on this board willing to put themselves $100,000 in debt to prove it?

2. the band hasn\'t paid their dues.  I\'d love to see ya try to say that to a band member.

It\'s a good conversation, it just makes me cringe because a very small population of this board has walked a mile in this bands shoe\'s.  And those that did, stopped after that mile.  So all these opinions being shouted from atop this digital soap box are assumptions from afar.  Very difficult to be right when that\'s you perspective.

Some assumptions are actually educated hypothesis based on facts not known to the general public.
Too bad all you fans that dog the "tough love" group of fans are so easily pleased.  
I have stated before I believe it is the fault of the band that they do not tour as much so yeah I\'ll tell any one of them they have not paid their dues until they have toured for more than 3 weeks at a time in concurrent months. I will continue to challenge the band to live up to expectations they CAN meet. I know they are comfortable with the lives they have now and are very cognizant of losing money "on the road".

They are pussies when it comes to this and they know it. Take this one example some band I can\'t remember their name but 2 nights ago they flew out from Iowa to open for She Wants Revenge. They had no money for a hotel so stayed in the dressing trailer at the venue. I talked awhile with them and though they suck and are musically no way near The Breakfast I am positive that this band will "make it" before The Breakfast will ever make it because they have more dedication to their band and music than The Breakfast has ever shown. As The Breakfast get older they are assuredly turning into the next Max Creek.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and why would anyone want to invest $100,000 or any money in a band that does not care to tour? Just flush it down the toilet like they are doing with their talent.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2007, 02:46:01 pm »
Quote from: leith;152949
Quote from: SlimPickens;152930
Quote from: TreyChica;152922
Cool.  Really puts the hurt on my python boot......  

I don\'t know what that means, but that\'s f\'in funny!!  Hope ya don\'t mind, I\'m gonna try to work that into conversation today.  I\'ve got a department meeting @ 9.... gonna start there.

Quote from: peaches626;152923
ha, cmon guy im bustin your balls, i just think your a bit negative a bit too often.... dont let leith bring you down to his level is all im sayin....

Hey Peaches, thanks for bringing a needed taint humor into this thread.  It was really starting to bring me down.

I love the assumptions brought to the table by the nay sayers, like:

1. if they toured more they\'d be bigger.  Maybe so, maybe not.  Anyone on this board willing to put themselves $100,000 in debt to prove it?

2. the band hasn\'t paid their dues.  I\'d love to see ya try to say that to a band member.

It\'s a good conversation, it just makes me cringe because a very small population of this board has walked a mile in this bands shoe\'s.  And those that did, stopped after that mile.  So all these opinions being shouted from atop this digital soap box are assumptions from afar.  Very difficult to be right when that\'s you perspective.

Some assumptions are actually educated hypothesis based on facts not known to the general public.
Too bad all you fans that dog the "tough love" group of fans are so easily pleased.  
I have stated before I believe it is the fault of the band that they do not tour as much so yeah I\'ll tell any one of them they have not paid their dues until they have toured for more than 3 weeks at a time in concurrent months. I will continue to challenge the band to live up to expectations they CAN meet. I know they are comfortable with the lives they have now and are very cognizant of losing money "on the road".

They are pussies when it comes to this and they know it. Take this one example some band I can\'t remember their name but 2 nights ago they flew out from Iowa to open for She Wants Revenge. They had no money for a hotel so stayed in the dressing trailer at the venue. I talked awhile with them and though they suck and are musically no way near The Breakfast I am positive that this band will "make it" before The Breakfast will ever make it because they have more dedication to their band and music than The Breakfast has ever shown. As The Breakfast get older they are assuredly turning into the next Max Creek.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and why would anyone want to invest $100,000 or any money in a band that does not care to tour? Just flush it down the toilet like they are doing with their talent.

Your an ass.
I am never the ra ra ra type and have posted many things you have stated in the past but jesus christ dude we get it. you don\'t like the direction the band is going in. duly noted.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2007, 02:47:46 pm »
Not at the level of stardom they are capable of = dues not paid. plain and simple.

regardless of how many dues anyone THINKS they should have to pay, if they are not getting the credit they deserve they have not paid enough dues and need to keep at it if they really want success. It\'s very possible they don\'t want it bad enough to pay those dues though and never will.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2007, 03:51:51 pm »
Too bad you have no clue of the time and sacrifice they put in behind the scenes to be as good as they are, and to continue to raise the bar as far as what they can accomplish musically.  That is what has always been the biggest priority, and if you ask me that is a pretty worthy goal.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2007, 04:00:35 pm »
::inserts pic of pathetic asian fellow beng buttraped by the huge dog while a crowd cheers on::
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2007, 04:12:04 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;152957
::inserts pic of pathetic asian fellow beng buttraped by the huge dog while a crowd cheers on::

i\'m very glad you wrote that instead of putting in an actual picture, I think my mental picture is pretty funny, and the one you would have put in would be just wrong
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

kartoon42

• overexposed
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2007, 04:28:18 pm »
you guys are way too harsh on the band, you guys are suppossed to be fans, not critics. when, where, and how often they play is up to them, they do have lives outside of the music. the band needs yur guys support, not pessimism, they are doin the best that they with what they have been dealt. the music biz is tough
break it down, simplify

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2007, 05:11:29 pm »
...educated hypothesis...

rotfl

Don\'t twist my statement to meet your psychotic logic

Quote from: Klout;152951
Not at the level of stardom they are capable of = dues not paid. plain and simple.

So there\'s never been a hard working, talented band that didn\'t achieve the level of stardom they deserved?  Laughable & Simple

Quote from: freddiewaht;152957

I\'m buying you a drink tonight for that belly laugh!!

Quote from: kartoon42;152963
you guys are way too harsh on the band, you guys are suppossed to be fans, not critics. when, where, and how often they play is up to them, they do have lives outside of the music. the band needs yur guys support, not pessimism, they are doin the best that they with what they have been dealt. the music biz is tough

I disagree.  I think the nay sayers are free to express their opinions.  You can\'t take this stuff personal.  People are just stating what\'s on their minds.  Leith definitely has a talent for pressing buttons and you can see that he enjoys doing it.  Years of chemical abuse has sharpened his devil side.

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2007, 05:40:15 pm »
fuck it, i\'m boycotting breakfast shows until they get the recognition they deserve, start touring more, or change their name. but i will maintain an occasional diet of side projects to offer my support and understanding that lives need to be lived and bills need to be paid.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

leith

« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2007, 01:31:06 am »
Quote from: Mark;152955
Too bad you have no clue of the time and sacrifice they put in behind the scenes to be as good as they are, and to continue to raise the bar as far as what they can accomplish musically.  That is what has always been the biggest priority, and if you ask me that is a pretty worthy goal.

All of that "time and sacrifice" means nothing if they do not play out. What good does it do for anyone but themselves to put that much effort into "raising the bar musically" if they do not show what they have accomplished?
Come on now if they want to make music for just themselves then they should just stop playing out and keep "raising the bar musically" incognito.
PUHLEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: antbach;152967
fuck it, i\'m boycotting breakfast shows until they get the recognition they deserve, start touring more, or change their name. but i will maintain an occasional diet of side projects to offer my support and understanding that lives need to be lived and bills need to be paid.

Now that\'s the spirit!

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2007, 12:27:52 pm »
leith,do u understand that you are a horses ass that nobody,myself included gives a flying rats ass what you think?
u dont dig whats goin on,guess what,hit the road.
you=dimeadozen
dont let the door hit u in the ass.
for all the years youve been a "fan/friend"of the band,what have u really done besides talk down and criticize these guys?
theyre doing the best they can.
they are human beings.
u bring nothing but negativity to this board and i speak for the group when i say that,for the most part,nobody gives a fuck about whether your alive/dead..
find something to do in sandiego besides sit on this board and bash my friends.

oh yea,i forgot,ill cut you from your grundle to your gullet...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 12:27:52 pm by freddiewaht »
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

bellbottomtear

• LLama LLover
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2007, 12:56:15 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;152992
leith,do u understand that you are a horses ass that nobody,myself included gives a flying rats ass what you think?
you=dimeadozen
for all the years youve been a "fan/friend"of the band,what have u really done besides talk down and criticize these guys?
they are human beings.
u bring nothing but negativity to this board and i speak for the group when i say that,for the most part,nobody gives a fuck about whether your alive/dead..

Oh My:pout:I hope I never piss you off.
"If it don\'t feel right you don\'t have to do it,
Just leave a message on the phone and tell them to screw it
After all is said and done you can\'t go pleasin\' everyone
So screw it"- John Lennon

leith

« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2007, 01:09:00 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;152992
you=dimeadozen
they are human beings.

I love you