Author Topic: RC: still prefers the Breakfast to Kung Fu  (Read 11444 times)

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
RC: still prefers the Breakfast to Kung Fu
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 12:41:51 am »
Quote from: zuke583;256185
is there really even a debate?

that being said, kung fu will continue to get better and tighter (which is hard to fathom). and as long as they keep busting out songs like the new one they played at sully\'s (i forget the name), they\'ll have my attention

^^^^

Quote from: Igziabeher;256190
its sad i can get a facebook invite to every kung fu show through august, but some breakfast shows go unmentioned on here.

two words

josh kroop
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 12:41:51 am by oldnewbie »

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 01:56:52 am »

kung fu karate chop to the eardrum
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 02:14:09 am by cannontrip »
♥♫∞

psychjosh

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 06:26:53 am »
Quote from: freddiewaht;256189
if only the breakfast were as aggressive about their promotions,who knows where they would be right now.
that being said,im sick of kung fu for the simple fact that i feel as if its been forced down my throat.
thats a fucking major turnoff..

Sorry bout all the FBs folks.. Im getting the hang of it. You should have noticed that the frequency has gone down this week.  Well be sending out a news letter every couple of weeks or so.

Quote from: KEN RAFLOWITZ;256200
Kung Fu is another great band, they really have nothing to do with The Breakfast music.
The music & playing within Kung Fu is incredible! It\'s Great Shit!!!
It\'s a bonus Kung Fu merges with The Breakfast. The Breakfast is their own band.
Kung fu is on thebreakfast.info because 2/5 of Kung Fu is 1/2 of The Breakfast.
Jordan is pals with Todd. Chris is pals with Dave. It\'s a great, fun thing!
RAQ is also a great band! Bring\'em all on in!!!!    YEAH!!!!

Can we at least all remember that this is TIM and ADRIANS other band!! WTF.. no one is trying to slight the breakfast. Tim and Adrian are your friends. Support them. Maybe if we r lucky some of the good luck and fandom will rub off on the BF. Additionally and not that anyone is asking but I only work for Tim and Ad w/ Kung Fu.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 06:26:53 am by psychjosh »
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 09:25:35 am »
I don\'t think anyone is slighting Tim, Adrian or Kung Fu...  I think some fans are expressing that while there are shows for both TB and Kung Fu on the map, the promotion machine seems to be in the following order:

1. Kung Fu
2. Tim Solo
3. The Breakfast

The latter two can go in either order, this order is just how I see it...  I think they all make great music, but IMHO, I\'d prefer the emphasis to be on The Breakfast...  But I\'ll take whatever music I can get from the tapers...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 10:41:26 am »
obviously, breakfast first.  kung fu second.  though i have seen more kung fu live in this new year than breakfast.  to me, its two completely different styles.  it depends on your mood. some may like kung fu, and others may not.  breakfast on the other hand can be universally enjoyed.  but all in all, when the day is done, i\'d take a breakfast show over kung fu.   i\'ll support anything that musical genius named tim palmieri does.  hands down. he could start doing a children\'s show with nursery rhymes and i\'d listen to it.  

i am excited about toad\'s which brings us both kung fu and breakfast in the home area.  i have heard nothing about promotion for this may show.   which is crazy to me.  its a month away.  i really think instead of bitching about which one we like more, we should get our arses off the computer and start doing something to make this toad\'s show the most packed toad\'s show there has been in ages.  and i mean packed.  but a girl can dream, right?  i don\'t know.  i am willing to pass flyers out at any upcoming tim solos for the breakfast show.  someone just has to get me the stuff.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 11:43:59 am »
The Breakfast is by far my #1 band of all time. That being said, everything these guys have ever done in any incarnation has been a royal treat and icing on the cake. The music scene would be pretty lame around here without them and all their hard work. You say they don\'t give a crap, any idea how much time and work it takes just to travel to and set up/breakdown for a gig?? Given the lack of appreciation, it\'s a miracle they are still together, and for that I am very thankful.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 11:58:50 am »
I am less likely to go to Breakfast shows with Kung-Fu also playing. First reason is I like rock music, and jazzy-funk with horns was just never really my thing. Second reason is The Breakfast has to probably play a shorter set (Iron Horse was like a 45 minute show) and honestly if I\'m driving to another state I hope to see two killer sets of Breakfast.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

tpalms4prez

• :banwpoa:
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 12:49:15 pm »
Quote from: Mark;256225
The Breakfast is by far my #1 band of all time. That being said, everything these guys have ever done in any incarnation has been a royal treat and icing on the cake. The music scene would be pretty lame around here without them and all their hard work. You say they don\'t give a crap, any idea how much time and work it takes just to travel to and set up/breakdown for a gig?? Given the lack of appreciation, it\'s a miracle they are still together, and for that I am very thankful.

hell yeah man

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 02:05:17 pm »
As far as the Breakfast, I think Marsellus Wallace said it best-

You came close, but you never made it, and if you were gonna make it, you woulda made it before now.

Kung Fu is a 2nd chance for Tim and Adrian. They\'d be foolish not to have it as their #1 priority.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 02:37:14 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;256220
obviously, breakfast first.  kung fu second.  though i have seen more kung fu live in this new year than breakfast.  to me, its two completely different styles.  it depends on your mood. some may like kung fu, and others may not.  breakfast on the other hand can be universally enjoyed. but all in all, when the day is done, i\'d take a breakfast show over kung fu.   i\'ll support anything that musical genius named tim palmieri does.  hands down. he could start doing a children\'s show with nursery rhymes and i\'d listen to it.  

I have to disagree with the bold type. I think you have it backwards unless you are talking about only .info.
I think the Breakfast is waaaaaaay more of an acquired taste than Kung Fu and from the reaction and dates being booked it seems a lot of other people do also.

That said I\'ll take a Breakfast show over Kung Fu if I had to make a choice.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 02:54:16 pm »
Quote from: leith;256235
obviously, breakfast first.  kung fu second.  though i have seen more kung fu live in this new year than breakfast.  to me, its two completely different styles.  it depends on your mood. some may like kung fu, and others may not.  breakfast on the other hand can be universally enjoyed. but all in all, when the day is done, i\'d take a breakfast show over kung fu.   i\'ll support anything that musical genius named tim palmieri does.  hands down. he could start doing a children\'s show with nursery rhymes and i\'d listen to it.  

I have to disagree with the bold type. I think you have it backwards unless you are talking about only .info.
I think the Breakfast is waaaaaaay more of an acquired taste than Kung Fu and from the reaction and dates being booked it seems a lot of other people do also.

leith, i was talking about the world of dot info.  ;)   cause rest of the world does revolve around the 30 of us posting here, right???  kung fu def only seems to be liked by half the population here.

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 03:07:32 pm »
i like 2 sets of psychedelic breakfast....should be #1 priority

peaches626

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 03:09:39 pm »
I say now is the time to change the name back to "Psychedelic Breakfast".

Call it a comeback tour!!

but seriously, im totally serious about this.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2010, 03:18:26 pm »
:hump:
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2010, 03:26:23 pm »
Quote from: leith;256235

This is also because Josh is helping out KF...  The man got shit done when he was with PB/TB
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen