Author Topic: Request for 4/6/07 Toad\'s Place Soundboard  (Read 2813 times)

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
Request for 4/6/07 Toad\'s Place Soundboard
« on: April 07, 2007, 11:01:33 pm »
What a great show last night.  I definetly think this is the best Trio show yet.  I enjoyed it so much that I also think that it would help to turn on some new fans.  Toad\'s place does not yield very many high quality AUDs.  I appreciate the work the tapers do, Fitz, Pec, and the like, but we all know that Toad\'s AUDs don\'t generally turn out very well.  They are muddy and bassy, and it is hard to really get the crisp and full effect od a segment like the Buquebus>Wake Up in a Coma>Buquebus, Hard Luck Harry, or Overexposure.   I have listened to the AUD that is currently up and it is good, but as with almost every AUD from this venue, it leaves me wanted more.  

The Breakfast archive needs more SBDs and Matrixes available.  Not only for the current fans, but I think a high quality source will help to influence new fans more so than subpar quality AUDs even if they are of a great show.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 12:21:22 am »
there is none.

also, toad\'s has a mono board. unless someone pulls a multitrack and mixes it down in the post, a toad\'s soundboard recording wouldn\'t even be in stereo (same thing in the left and right channels). thus, even with a matrix at toad\'s, the board would be used very little in the mix, since it is hardly a good representation of what the sound of the show was like.

oh, and the breakfast doesn\'t allow soundboard patching.

sorry for another subpar recording.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 12:43:34 am »
Thanks for the info on the SBD.  I usually ask about SBDs @ Toad\'s b/c I generally don\'t love the AUDs that we get, again because they sound muddy, boomy, and bassy.  If the SBD @ Toad\'s is only a MONO and won\'t produce a great source, that\'s all I need to know.

sorry for another subpar recording.

Subpar is probably not the best word to describe the work the tapers do, and usually the AUDs are phenominal, but I think you know what I meant.  If you compare the recordings from this show to a show like the Stone Church, there is no comparison, the Church would blow these out of the water, but again that is due to the VENUE not the TAPER.  I was merely making a request for a SBD b/c the are rare to see these days and I would like to get a crisp and clear recording, which the venue doesn\'t allow for, obvioiusly not to criticize the tapers who do a great job.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 07:54:20 am »
dave is EXTERELMY sarcastic with this kind of thing, and there is nothing in either of your posts to imply a bad job by the aud tapers, so don\'t worry about it. However, Dave did post the bands possition on soundboards and matrixes so it is what it is. Also, for that venue, it should make you realize how much work went into each of the soundboards and matrixes you do hear since they all have to be mixed completely in post. A lot of work.

bike, bike, bike, bike...
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 02:13:36 pm »
See thread regarding existing library of sounboard/matrix recordings, quit complaining, and start downloading.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 10:59:42 am »
electric toothbrush mayonnaise monster.
Postcount +1.