Author Topic: Breakfest III request line...  (Read 5957 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Breakfest III request line...
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2011, 09:55:33 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;271434

have the third set go:

Tunage(w/ Matt & Ron)> Metropolis(w/ Matt & Chris)> Existential Funk(w/ Chris & Jordan)> the current lineup for the rest of the set.

I like this...
Where to next?

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2011, 04:42:07 am »
I think the next one should really be a Breakfest and should include a bunch of the different projects playing. We already have Kung Fu and Tim solo so now add Adrian to Tim Solo for Drum and Guitar, maybe an Adrian and Friends set, Beatles A-Z (bringing Ron into the mix for some PB late nite) and a Diesel Experiment under the guise of a superjam or some shit.
Dangle could put together some crazy funk group and get the place dirty at 5 in the morning.
This is the stuff that haunts me. I mean these guys are a fucking promoter\'s wet dream when it comes to filling slots at a fest. How they never use this is beyond me.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2011, 08:44:26 am »
livessel
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2011, 12:01:17 pm »
Quote from: leith;272092
I think the next one should really be a Breakfest and should include a bunch of the different projects playing. We already have Kung Fu and Tim solo so now add Adrian to Tim Solo for Drum and Guitar, maybe an Adrian and Friends set, Beatles A-Z (bringing Ron into the mix for some PB late nite) and a Diesel Experiment under the guise of a superjam or some shit.
Dangle could put together some crazy funk group and get the place dirty at 5 in the morning.
This is the stuff that haunts me. I mean these guys are a fucking promoter\'s wet dream when it comes to filling slots at a fest. How they never use this is beyond me.

no offense, but i think they are trying to expand the amount of people that show up, not limit it to the 150 hardcore all things breakfast fans out there.

honestly though, as of right now Dopapod and Higher Organix seem like your best bet for local bands that can bring in some phanners.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 12:01:17 pm by Igziabeher »

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2011, 12:50:12 pm »
Seth Yacavone
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2011, 12:25:38 am »
Adam Ezra Group is a great band out of Boston.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2011, 02:56:45 pm »
The Jordrian duo, Dangles Funkateers, oh, and more Breakfast:wink:
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 05:08:16 pm »
Mahavishnu Project
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2011, 05:11:04 pm »
3 sets of breakfast each night.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

JHamel

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2011, 05:11:12 pm »
Anybody heard of Vorcza? a devestating trio consisting of Ray Paczkowski (organ), Rob Morse (Bass), Gabe Jarrett (kit).  They could be alot of fun.
"The crux of the biscuit, is the apostrophe."

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2011, 05:13:45 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;272159
3 sets of breakfast each night.

:threadclosed:

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2011, 05:17:34 pm »
Quote from: JHamel;272160
Anybody heard of Vorcza? a devestating trio consisting of Ray Paczkowski (organ), Rob Morse (Bass), Gabe Jarrett (kit).  They could be alot of fun.

yeah i saw them open up for trey @ the oakdale in 05... and then caught them at the main street pub a year or so later.  i have both of their albums, definitely some cool grooves. it be worth checkin into... gabe jarrett, i believe also played kit for page\'s solo band tour (not vida blue) and i think he\'s also played with jazz mandolin project...
Where to next?

JHamel

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2011, 05:21:45 pm »
You got it man. Ray also plays in a duo that goes by the name of Ray and Russ.  They both play with the Trey Band and are a super funky duo.  Great dance music.  Long live the breakfast.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2011, 05:26:42 pm »
Quote from: JHamel;272163
You got it man. Ray also plays in a duo that goes by the name of Ray and Russ.  They both play with the Trey Band and are a super funky duo.  Great dance music.  Long live the breakfast.

does vorcza still gig? i havent heard about them doing anything in sometime but i also dont get up to vt often...
Where to next?

JHamel

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2011, 05:34:05 pm »
Yep, here and there.  I think they are all involved in a ton of other groups, but I saw them a couple times this summer.  There is a very similar energy and musical language between these two groups.

I would also have to give my support for wolf to have some DJ time.  He helped me fall in love with this music and he might play some tracks from my old De La albums I gave him. Does Bonzo productions take on volunteers for these things?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 05:34:05 pm by JHamel »