Poll

Favorite line-up musically

B/The Breakfast (Tim, Adrian, Ron, Jordan)
13 (35.1%)
ower Trio (Tim, Adrian, Ron)
2 (5.4%)
he Breakfast (Tim, Adrian, Ron, Matt)
1 (2.7%)
he Breakfast (Tim, Adrian, Matt, Chris)
2 (5.4%)
he Breakfast (Tim, Adrian, Chris, Jordan)
19 (51.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Favorite Line-Up Musically  (Read 5568 times)

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Favorite Line-Up Musically
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 07:39:32 pm »
05 pb. done
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 07:48:28 pm »
This is a really tough question.

I voted for the current lineup because I love it! The guys are better musically and vocally,and Dangler is the best thing that has happened to this band, well that and Jordan coming back too! I feel like these guys can do just about whatever they want musically and could pull it off. I, like everybody else, wish there were more shows but we take what we can get. More shows would allow them to delve deeper into the repertoire and add more songs.

That all being said, I do love every incarnation of the band. I listen to them all depending on my mood. PB is the classic and is the genesis of this incredible thing. The trio was so tight and nimble and could turn corners like nothing. The lineup with Matt and Ron was really just starting to flex its wings before the change to Chris. Now, I feel like that lineup, with Matt and Chris, really put a different twist to the sound and the jams. Those four put together some really amazing moments.

I just love whats happening now. If I could vote for them all, I would.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 10:26:48 am »
I give the current line-up a definite edge over the original PB. Was always my opinion that the band needed Jordan regardless.

Reason is, although Ron certainly kicked ass at bass and could write some great songs.... well, Dangle just kicks even more ass at bass and writes straight up epic anthems.

Not to mention all the other guys have several more years of practice and experience under their belts, that never hurts either.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 11:39:44 am »
Greg Ellis era Breakfast hands down......Whatever the lineup happened to be.....I find it hard to believe I am the first person to present this option...whatever......
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 11:45:03 am »
Quote from: Stephengencs;261670
Greg Ellis era Breakfast hands down......Whatever the lineup happened to be.....I find it hard to believe I am the first person to present this option...whatever......

while i agree with the sentiment, the thread title specifies "musically." his effects were certainly felt when at the show, and i\'m sure he had an effect on the musicians...but i don\'t think he affected the music nearly as much as the actual musicians. what i will say is that he would make any of those lineups better
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 12:13:12 pm »
Either way, my favorite lineup MUSICALLY, was whatever lineup was playing during the Greg Ellis era......what don\'t you get about that statement?????
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 12:26:40 pm »
Wonder if Ellis\' favorite line up is when Gencs was doing load in. Man, those wires and cables were plugged in COR-RECTLY!
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 12:52:49 pm »
Quote from: wildcoyote;261675
Wonder if Ellis\' favorite line up is when Gencs was doing load in. Man, those wires and cables were plugged in COR-RECTLY!

lol.

Quote from: Stephengencs;261673
Either way, my favorite lineup MUSICALLY, was whatever lineup was playing during the Greg Ellis era......what don\'t you get about that statement?????

maybe you should switch over to http://www.prettylights.info
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 12:52:49 pm by zuke583 »
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 06:47:45 pm »
power trio.  no offense to either key player or dangle, but i just found the trio to be more in your face rock and roll.  tight, focused and delivered hard versions of everything(even heather).

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2010, 02:00:08 am »
Quote from: zuke583;261677
Quote from: wildcoyote;261675

lol.

Quote from: Stephengencs;261673

:lol:
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2010, 09:16:28 am »
Quote from: zuke583;261677

I already tried but there is a 3 month backlog of people waiting to get on that site.....here its open fields all day all night.....

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2010, 10:17:05 am »
My second favorite era, of course, was during the years I could count on a giant sweaty man-hug from Stephen that would soak through at least two layers of clothing in the winter, and straight to my soul in the summers.

Where has Stephen gone? I didn\'t realize running a booze dispensery and whoring his own mother would be so time consuming these days.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2010, 10:46:33 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;261703
My second favorite era, of course, was during the years I could count on a giant sweaty man-hug from Stephen that would soak through at least two layers of clothing in the winter, and straight to my soul in the summers.

Where has Stephen gone? I didn\'t realize running a booze dispensery and whoring his own mother would be so time consuming these days.

Awwww....I\'m touched.......mom whoring is easy since all mom\'s are whores by nature.....they take to it naturally and need little guidance or supervision...However running a booze dispensary has taken hold of pretty much every waking moment of my life...Not only that but it has turned me into a bitter old miserable jerk.....I still love The Breakfast and all of you guys...for without the afformentioned I would be dead for sure......

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2010, 11:49:28 am »
Quote from: Stephengencs;261705
I still love The Breakfast and all of you guys...for without the afformentioned I would be dead for sure......

In this, we share something in common, broseph.

I actually recently got back from the detox unit at a nearby hospital, where I checked myself in to try and safely deal with a devastating 8+ year benzodiazapine addiction. Looking forward to enjoying my first show clean and healthy in quite some time tonight at the Church. Although I have to take a rather heavy dose of anti-epileptic meds for the time being, hopefully the seizure-y-ness will too pass in time.

<3 you guys and gals. You always had my back and some of you, you know who you are, actually probably saved my life straight up once or twice. I intend to honor that fact by not putting any of you in that kind of situation ever again.

And I intend to get DOWN to the music tonight!! :D

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2010, 11:56:39 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;261708

And I intend to get DOWN to the music tonight!! :D

make sure you give Gabo a big wet sloppy kiss for me....