Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-10-29 - 7th Annual Fonghoulish Freakout: Webster Theatre; Hartford, CT  (Read 18988 times)

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
the whole show was captivating and interesting. Had one hell of a time. Adrian playing the drums with the light sabers was what sealed the deal...and then the encore. Thanks to all who contributed help and made it happen.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

kyndkate

• Vicious.
Ho. Ly. Shit.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
well said.
Postcount +1.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
Quote from: FrankZappa
so, was I the only one who took pictures all night? common anderson!

Also, we\'re all still waiting on the beardsley pics ;)

I took a couple pictures but i saw a couple people with cameras and video equipment and photo passes so i didn\'t want to get in anybodies way. I\'ll post the couple i have shortly.
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

moebass

• psyentist
Hey everyone...

i took a couple of pics too, I\'ll post them at some point soon

the show rocked, but at the same time the webster sucks. I feel like i got lost there. i lost track of where the energy was coming from, or where it was going. the stage is at an awkward position from the fans, so it was really strange trying to get into the music when there are all these factors against you... does anyone else feel this awful balance of energy there?

Ahhh... the after party. I wish i coulda been there for more of it. But when a mine calls, you gotta go dig, right? I really had to get some sleep to make the 3 hour drive to NJ in the early morn. I think I partied, slept, and was outta there even before the halfway point of that crazy ass party. Hope everyone had fun. I\'ll be sure to catch you serheads at the next one.

davepeck

• Administrator
Quote from: moebass
the show rocked, but at the same time the webster sucks. I feel like i got lost there. i lost track of where the energy was coming from, or where it was going. the stage is at an awkward position from the fans, so it was really strange trying to get into the music when there are all these factors against you... does anyone else feel this awful balance of energy there?

one thing i\'ve always noticed about my personal behavior at webster shows is that i\'m easily distracted.. i find it a lot harder to pay as much attention to the band as i would at other venues, especially when going back for a drink.. then by the time i\'m done with my drink, i feel so disconnected from the band/music, that i find myself just sort of wandering..

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
Quote from: davepeck

one thing i\'ve always noticed about my personal behavior at webster shows is that i\'m easily distracted.. i find it a lot harder to pay as much attention to the band as i would at other venues, especially when going back for a drink.. then by the time i\'m done with my drink, i feel so disconnected from the band/music, that i find myself just sort of wandering..

couldn\'t have said it better. i never could find a spot that i felt comfy!

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
i agree, i was just kinda floating around the whole time.
Postcount +1.

WALSH

• Mahoney
Save Side up front was comfy as SHIT!  I loved the small group of SERHeads that kept congregating after whatever lil thing they meandered off to do;)  I cannot stop smiling about this show and I am still shocked that others had anything but a great time...apparently the music and fun made me oblivious to anything non-pleasant.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

ChrisF

Quote from: WALSH
Save Side up front was comfy as SHIT!

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Quote from: oldnewbie
Quote from: davepeck

couldn\'t have said it better. i never could find a spot that i felt comfy!

Yeah couldn\'t stay in onw spot all night
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
Quote from: jambands.com
Ewok & Roll for Breakfast

The Breakfast celebrated Halloween a few days early by hosting its 7th Annual Fonghoulish Freakout at Hartford, CT’s Webster Theater on October 29. Weaving a Star Wars theme into its show, the group ran through a number of selections from the popular space fantasy including “Duel Of The Fates,” “Cantina Song” and “Yoda’s Theme.” Nodding to the movie house responsible for George Lucas’ creation, the Breakfast also served up the “20th Century Fox Theme” before each set and also utilized lightsabers as instruments various points throughout its performance. “Star Wars Ending Credits” Theme served as an appropriate show closing number.
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

RadicalRich1138

right in front on timmy was not a bad spot for all you roamers, not being able to have drinks was BUNK though

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Quote from: Igziabeher
Quote from: Wolfman
 When\'s the last time you heard a rock band take on John Williams?

hate to be a stickler, but.....

The Disco Biscuits
12/31/01 Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA
Set I: Aceetobee, Spaga, Three Days, Mindless Dribble> Hope
Set II: Plan B, Star Wars Theme1> Indiana Jones Theme2> Superman Theme3> Helicopters4, Reactor> Vassillios> Reactor, Jamillia
Set III: Boulevard> Mindless Dribble> Confrontation5> Save The Robots6, Sister Judy\'s Soul Shack> Basis For A Day7
Encore: Aquatic Ape8

1 Actors playing Luke Skywalker and Darth Vadar have light sabre battle at front of stage; Darth Vadar defeats Luke Skywalker
2 Actor playing Indiana Jones takes stage and attempts to defeat Darth Vadar with his whip but fails; Indiana Jones dies
3 Actor playing Superman flies in from above (suspended by cable) and slowly lowers to the stage as band counts down from 10; Superman defeats Darth Vadar and New Year\'s

Hey, I asked the question, you came up with an answer.  That sounds like a really cool New Year\'s concept by Bisco.  I will chip in that those themes played by Bisco are way easier than the end credits theme or Cantina Bind or Duel of the Fates.  What I really want to know is, who the hell is writing setlists for Bisco with numbers instead of asterisks?  Oof!  What if a song has a number in the title?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 08:19:19 am by Wolfman »

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
I loathe Star Wars so I had my questions regarding this theme. It feels great to be proven wrong. The theme\'s maninstream appeal and the creativity in  its execution played perfectly.

I liked the Star Wars songs that I had never heard, or didn\'t remember from childhood, like Lapti Nek and Ewok Celebration. The jams out of Puppetry and Psygn grabbed me (I\'m completely on board with Psygn). Clearly, the utilization of the Episodes was an appropriate framework for the show and Episode 3 was strong enough to overcome the insane amount of hype that preceded it.

Aiding Tim in the revision and editing of the Episodes\' text was like most writing: fun, tedious, and time-consuming, in this case two to three hours per Episode. In the process, he explained to me the entire Buquebus saga, for which the Episode text is merely the tip of the proverbial iceberg. I\'ve urged him to complete it as we all should. There\'s yet-to-be debuted songs that tie into the story, besides the ones that have already been played: the three Episodes, Buquebus, Gladys, Simpleton.

In conclusion, I like Lebowski much better than Star Wars, yet thought this show superceded last year\'s. That\'s sayin\' somethin\'. May the Schwartz be with you.