Author Topic: Anyone know if package stores are open on memorial day in CT?  (Read 2581 times)

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
Anyone know if package stores are open on memorial day in CT?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 04:13:57 pm »
The only bad rule regarding booze in NH is an absurdly early last call.... Beyond that it\'s pretty lax here.

I blame New England\'s tight liquour laws on Puritan influence. Thpse fuckers left their mark.
Masturbation in the MFA

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2007, 04:16:50 pm »
The bottom line is that, yes the CT and MASS alcohol "blue laws" suck and were obviously writtin by some puritanical hypocritical douche, that while he preaches values and whatnot is probably mollesting his 3 year old son, HOWEVER, they have been the same laws for as long as I have lived here so it\'s not like its a suprise that liquors stores close at 8-9pm, or on sundays and holidays.........
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2007, 05:40:44 pm »
Right. One would assume people are used to it by now....
Masturbation in the MFA

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2007, 07:41:36 pm »
Quote from: leith;146542
I remember now. When we stopped at a pkg store while I was out there, there was some weird law about buying the beer. I can not remember what it was but i do remember thinking it was quite ridiculous.

No, like many laws our populus is simply too dissinterested to protest them or interacts in politics enough to get them changed. people like to complain but not to actually do anything to change the situation. That would require personal activity and our society is lazy. That\'s why it wont ever get changed. :shrug:

I mean, er, it\'s all the facists fault! Damn you bush! Is that still the propper responce to all political problems in our country or am I allowed to speak my mind as an independent again? No? another 17 months? Ok, I\'ll wait.

"You have the right, to free speech; that is, unless you\'re actually dumb enough to try it. These are your rights. Know your rights."
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2007, 08:52:05 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;146566
No, like many CT. laws our populus is simply too dissinterested to protest them or interacts in politics enough to get them changed. CT. people like to complain but not to actually do anything to change the situation. That would require personal activity and our CT.  society is lazy. That\'s why it wont ever get changed. :shrug:

I mean, er, it\'s all the facists fault! Damn you bush! Is that still the propper responce to all political problems in our country or am I allowed to speak my mind as an independent again? No? another 17 months? Ok, I\'ll wait.

"You have the right, to free speech; that is, unless you\'re actually dumb enough to try it. These are your rights. Know your rights."

Fixed it for ya as I am from Cali and we are a hell of alot more politically active than the folk you just described. Californians love the refferendum(spelling error on purpose).
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2007, 09:19:45 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;146566

:wtf2:

If poking fun at the masses of people who -- rightly so -- would love to see Bush burn in hell is the best you can do as an "independent" I\'m not going to hold my breath for the rise of a viable (libertarian?) third party.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2007, 09:24:29 pm »
I do not think he was poking fun at people who want to see Bush burn in hell. He was poking fun at people who believe that everything wrong with this country is Bush\'s fault. And rightly so!
Masturbation in the MFA

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2007, 09:27:32 pm »
I dissagree. Cali is more politically active, but I still stand by my belief that (this generation) at least is no where near as politically active as it should be in order to get things changed. You may be better, but we all have a long way to go.

I stand by my cardinal rule of political activity through the age gap:
There is a reason that pot is still illegal even though it was made that way 90+ years ago mostly so the dupont company could keep its stranglehold on the rope industry, while drugs that allow infertile old men to get an erection and continue to have sex are covered by most insurance companies. More older people vote than younger people.

Lisa: "We feel no highs or lows"
Homer: "Really? What\'s it like?"
Lisa: (shrugs) "meh."
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2007, 09:28:30 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn;146576
I do not think he was poking fun at people who want to see Bush burn in hell. He was poking fun at people who believe that everything wrong with this country is Bush\'s fault. And rightly so!

"I was driving in mass the other day on the turnpike and I got pulled over by a state trooper. He comes up to the window and says to me \'You we\'re all over the road back there - You could have killed someone! Do you have any idea what the punishment is in this state if you get caught drinking and driving?\' I said \'I don\'t know officer, re-election to the senate?\'"
-Emo Philips

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2007, 09:36:01 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;146578

There is a reason that pot is still illegal even though it was made that way 90+ years ago

Pot is illegal?

Friday night my friend got pulled over driving up to the mountains while speeding.  Cops smells marijuana and asks if friend has any.  Friend presents a bagged ounce to cop.  Cop smells it and says, "you\'re going to have a nice weekend" then issues a speeding ticket and nothing else.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

leith

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2007, 09:52:10 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;146581
Pot is illegal?

Friday night my friend got pulled over driving up to the mountains while speeding.  Cops smells marijuana and asks if friend has any.  Friend presents a bagged ounce to cop.  Cop smells it and says, "you\'re going to have a nice weekend" then issues a speeding ticket and nothing else.

Believe it or not this story is most likely 98% true. Damn I love California!

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2007, 09:54:04 pm »
cops are also human, and like all humans, the individual may choose to ignore laws they personally do not agree with. They are also lazy, and he may have simply not wanted to bother with all the paperwork and hassle of dragging somone into the station. You\'re friend may have had nothing more than the good fortune to get pulled over durning the last few hours of the officers shift.

leith

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2007, 10:00:58 pm »
An oz. and under is a misdemeanor in Ca.

A ticket really, so the cop was most likely pro pot as he had his ticket pad out for the speeding ticket anyway.