Author Topic: The story of the trippy-as-hell dream I had last night..  (Read 1262 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
The story of the trippy-as-hell dream I had last night..
« on: February 02, 2006, 07:19:25 pm »
I had been commissioned to join an away team of three on a rescue mission. Our starship had passed over a Class C planet (one which resembles Earth in many ways, including atmospheric conditions) and we\'d received a distress call from another ship which had apparently crash landed.

Our mission was to survey the crash site and rescue any possible survivors.

So, along with the two other members of my team, we took a small shuttle craft down to the surface of the planet. When we got close to the surface it was obvious that the forest was much too dense to land in, which covered almost all of the planet. So we landed on a thin strip of beach which was fairly close to the location of the distress signal, and jumped out of the ship.

The water was almost pitch black, yet reflected light from the dual red dwarf suns like the surface of a diamond. We took out some fancy high tech handheld tracking devices and headed into the vast, old-growth temperate rainforest.

It wasn\'t long before we heard a creaking sound behind us. I quickly turned around to see that the trees had bent in towards us, almost forming an arch from every direction. Upon turning around to witness this, the trees slowly bent back into their upright positions. We were all a bit spooked at this, especially when we noticed that the trees we were just facing, but now had our backs turned to, had arched over towards us as well.

We noticed that these large, bending trees dominated the forest. But there was another kind of tree too. This other kind was much smaller, and aparently an evergreen of some kind. This tree, however, was capable of walking on its roots. Not very quickly, mind you, but they kept following us as quickly as they could.

What the hell were these trees doing? We thought they might be reacting to vibration, so we tried walking really softly on our feet. This seemed to work-- the big trees were arching over less and the small ones were either staying put or seeming to have a difficult time following us.

This was really a pretty weird forest, full of little rolling hills and dense vegetation, and very shady. At times I thought I saw shadow-creatures or other mythical-looking creatures watching us. I guess this spooked one of the other people in my away team, because one of them took off running and screaming through the forest.

We were too petrified to run along after him, because we saw the trees reaching down deeply with their branches in response to his pounding footsteps. A minute or two later we caught up to him. He had been impaled by several branches of one of the trees and was already dead.

Of course me and the other away team member were scared shitless at this point. These trees would actually kill us! The people we were looking for were probably already dead!

At this point I felt a strange, alien vibration enter my body and focus on my third eye. I noticed the trees were all vibrating at the same frequency... what the hell! They were trying to communicate with me.

This is a rough translation of our telepathic conversation:

Trees: "This is our forest."
Me: "I can see that!"
Trees: "What is your business here?"
Me: "We are on a rescue mission, and certainly mean no harm. We wish to leave as soon as possible."
Trees: "You mean the space ship like the one you landed in."
Me: "Yes, can you help us?"
Trees: "That ship landed in our forest and killed three of us. There are no survivors. One of yours recklessly trampled over our foliage and he was killed as well. Because you two were considerate enough to land your craft on the beach and tread lightly through our forest, you will be spared. Never again return to the planet of the trees."

At this point all the trees between our present location, a couple miles deep into the woods, and our space shuttle on the beach, bent aside forming a corridor. It was obvious that we were meant to take this passage and not waste any time going about it.

We got back to the beach and took one last look back into the forest. Several strange entities had gathered along the edge of the forest, watching us curiously. I thought, this is no place for a human, and we took off.

Then I woke up. Dream over.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 07:34:41 pm »
You lost me after:
Quote from: bdfreetuna

At this point I felt a strange, alien vibration enter my body and focus on my third eye.

MORAL:  Don\'t smoke the trees, or they\'ll kill you? :shrug:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

chooglincharley

• hosehead
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 07:47:21 pm »
you were in california with those large redwoods right?
"Without deviation from the norm, \'progress\' is not possible" - FZ
        :wacko:

chooglincharley

• hosehead
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 08:57:59 pm »
i always wanted to get with an older woman
"Without deviation from the norm, \'progress\' is not possible" - FZ
        :wacko:

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 10:04:47 pm »
Nope never been to Cali... but I was watching Star Trek and thinking about, umm, hanging out with Quinn the Eskimo before I went to bed ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 10:27:46 pm »
I had sex with a 37 year old.  Her name was Althea and Robert Hunter wrote the song about her when he was dating her Mom. True story, my claim to fame.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.