Author Topic: Obama declares national emergency over swine flu pandemic, but why? (10-25-2009)  (Read 4713 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Sounds like you should hook up with Joe and together you guys can find the right guru... Either that or you can just say no when the people at Phish shows are handing out their free religious books...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
Quote from: Yoda;244782
Sounds like you should hook up with Joe and together you guys can find the right guru... Either that or you can just say no when the people at Phish shows are handing out their free religious books...

:lol:  I love those guys- FREE BOOKS! (...with a $20 donation)
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Quote from: Yoda;244782

Yeah, maybe. Joe always striked me as one of the more interesting and intelligent members of the forum. I\'m sure it would be nice to meet him some time... and find the right guru.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
excses excuses excuses... its because you can\'t show any example of the ever happening. as yoda posted, the only time nationwide martial law was enacted, it was subsequently declared unconstitutional - and that was in a time of war. do you really think that sets a good enough precedent for martial law to enforce flu shots? of course not. you won\'t argue it or defend it, because it is an indefensible position based solely on irrational fear. sorry man, but its true.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Guess what. We are in a "time of war". There is no such thing as a time of peace anymore.

I never tried to create an argument to prove a precedent for martial law. You guys picked up on that and ran with it. Prove your own arguments to yourself, why should I?

Excuses, excuses... more like I have better things to do than bang my head against a wall.

If you know you already know or will know. If you care you already care or will care.

You are only distracting yourselves with the assumption that the future will resemble the past.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
I agree with you that we are in a time of war and that the days of peace are going to be limited in the future...

See the thing is, you did start this all by spouting hysteria of martial law over flu vaccines...  The truth of the matter is that if flu vaccines are the worst thing that we have to worry about, then we\'re not doing that bad...  I personally think that everyone should have a choice, but if it becomes gov\'t mandated, then so be it, it\'s not like they\'re saying that you must be injected with something that will guarantee you leprosy...

Either way, you "have not" supported your stance with facts, only suppositions that you speak the truth because history will not repeat itself moving foward... I hate to tell you this, but history has been repeating itself in different variations since the dawn of man... There are always lessons to be learned from the past...

I applaud you for thinking about the global problems around the world, but I\'m too busy trying to figure out why things are working right in my little sector of the world to worry about the rest of the worlds problems... Selfish, yes, but also realistic...

As long as I can put a roof over my family\'s head and provide a living and safety for them, I\'m happy... The fate of the world will have to wait for another night or another generation to take up the call...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
The fate of the world will have to wait for another night or another generation to take up the call...

daddy loves you, but not enough to care if you have clean drinking water when you grow up!

now that, my friends, is true parental love!!! you\'re an inspiration, yoda!!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Quote from: jking;244830
The fate of the world will have to wait for another night or another generation to take up the call...

daddy loves you, but not enough to care if you have clean drinking water when you grow up!

now that, my friends, is true parental love!!! you\'re an inspiration, yoda!!

Hey, I change the filter on my tap every 2 months...

I\'m not saying that I don\'t do my part to keep things clean for future generations... I\'ve been fighting with my town because I feel that the levels in our water are disgusting... But I\'m not going to go to the extreme and drop everything I\'m doing to become an environmentalist for the rest of the globe... I have enough trouble making sure that where I live now and where I might live is viable for my kids; it will be up to them to do what they need to do for their kids...

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Faring thee well now.
Let your life proceed by its own design.
Nothing to tell now.
Let the words be yours, I\'m done with mine.

:shrug:

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Quote from: bdfreetuna;244848
Faring thee well now.
Let your life proceed by its own design.
Nothing to tell now.
Let the words be yours, I\'m done with mine.

:shrug:

Inside your feeble brain there\'s probably a whore
If you don\'t shut your mouth you\'re gonna feel the floor

:banahoy: