Author Topic: Request to join the AV Club::  (Read 911 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Request to join the AV Club::
« on: June 25, 2009, 11:11:47 pm »
Just Amazon\'d a Zoom H4N. Got tired of recording my own music in shite quality and having shows go untaped or "trust me this is not listenable" quality :lol:  .... so fuck it.

Read about it\'s mad fresh featurez right here:

http://www.bradlinder.net/2009/03/zoom-h4n-review.html

You can also plug 2 more mics into it for like a total of 4 mics! All I need is a tripod and it\'s on!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 11:27:31 pm »
pretty cool.

for recording a 4 channel soundboard matrix at shows get a rode nt4 stereo mic to go into the 1/8 inch stereo mic input instead of using the built in ones

you could def use the built in mics for recording your own music, but at shows it would be tough to put the deck where the mics would pick up best, and be near the SBD to get a patch, and also operate the deck at the same time.

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 04:08:30 am »
I find it hilarious that my name for those guys has stuck. The AV club = biggest thorn in my paw for years, but their ibtentions are great.
The lights from Ellis showed a mischevious sparkle
That flashed in his hollowed eye stare...

ChrisF

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 04:56:01 am »
Quote from: ellis-d;234564
I find it hilarious that my name for those guys has stuck. The AV club = biggest thorn in my paw for years, but their ibtentions are great.

the hilarious part is that ken finally got a hi-def camera thats capable of capturing your lights on video as they were meant to be seen while you were probably still en route to colorado after your last final breakfast show.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 07:36:44 am »
Thanks for the tips Chris. I sorta doubt I\'ll be plugging this thing into a bunch of soundboards (then again... who knows, once I start playing around with it)...

Do you think the built in mics would work well from up on the 2nd floor deck @ Iron Horse?

Guess we\'ll find out how high it\'s fidelity really is in a few days ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

ChrisF

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 08:09:18 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;234568
Thanks for the tips Chris. I sorta doubt I\'ll be plugging this thing into a bunch of soundboards (then again... who knows, once I start playing around with it)...

why not?? it records 4 channels @ 24/96!!! you definitely should plug it into soundboards and do some 4 channel breakfast recordings. i would do it every show if i had one.

Quote from: bdfreetuna;234568
Do you think the built in mics would work well from up on the 2nd floor deck @ Iron Horse?

Guess we\'ll find out how high it\'s fidelity really is in a few days ;)

probably. or handheld on the floor in a spot where it sounds good might be better.

bring it to a breakfast show if you ever want to try doing a non steath audience recording with my mics. i always have the oktavas and the r0des in my bag so u can run the set of mics im not using.

if you want to set up a 4 channel matrix the r0des can be plugged into the 1/8 inch mic jack because those mics can each take a 9 volt for phantom power. you need a doubleXLR > 1/8 inch stereo cable to go into that input. then plug the board feed into the 1/4 inch jacks on the bottom. timmy tour would be perfect for a test run if u can ever make it out.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 09:08:07 am »
here\'s a lot of info for you, josh:

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,115214.0.html

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 09:15:24 am »
Hmmm I\'ll have to bring this gadget down... I gather it\'s pretty good and worth the effort? Main reason I got it was to get pretty good recordings of practice sessions and Astral Projections show or whatever band I might be playing with in the future... you\'ll have to show me how to step it up a notch.

I\'ll keep my eyes peeled for Timmy shows I can make it too. Love to be a regular on the scene but unfortunately it\'s kind of a haul for weeknights usually.

thanks for the tips I\'ll bring this thing along some time

edit: thanks dave :) I\'ll take some time to check that out when I\'m not on the clock ;)