Author Topic: Frank Zappa is one TOUGHMAN  (Read 2741 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Frank Zappa is one TOUGHMAN
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 08:58:21 pm »
Quote from: jking;203747
yoda, you must live in a humorless vacuum. i\'m sorry for that.

Humor is always funny when at someone else\'s expense.  If you want to knock my Ahoy! obsession, go to the TOT thread and mock me there, where it\'s actually funny.  I appreciate humor, trust me.  But I came into this thread to congratulate my friend, nothing more, nothing less.

Again Paul, congratulation.....

db
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

wACEted

• Metropolis Monster
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509724110
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 09:39:19 pm »
Jesus Christ dude....I get winded walking up a flight of stairs.

You hulking monolith of a man, you.

Congrats, you healthy fuck.

;)
One way or another this darkness got to give...

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 09:47:38 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;203755
. The car in front was an suv, so it was like a wall. The front wheel hit the bumper and stopped me instantly. This caused the back of the bike to lift up, which caused my helmet to smash into the back window. Since you can only transfer or convert power, I hit my head at the same speed I had been riding, about 15 mph. My head now came to a complete stop but the bike kept lifting, which caused my head to tilt forward chin first at 15 mph. My chin smashed into the window. As this was happening, the bike reached its epoch above me, causing my neck to bend like your elbow... The back of my head and the point between my shoulderblades came the closest they ever have been to touching. Instantly, they fell apart, the bike unhooked and I went straight down.

That is probably the best play by play account of the physical effects of a body in motion crashing into an immovable object that I\'ve ever read.  Where was Dave Pec and his handy video recorder when you really need him?!!

All kidding aside, congrats on competing, and finishing something so intense.  Your words have inspired me to get back out there tomorrow and lumber around my little 3 mile course again tomorrow.

In the immortal words of Terry Fox:  "It may not look like I’m running fast, but I’m going as hard as I can."

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 09:54:35 pm »
Nice work Paul, glad you didn\'t need that wet suit!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 10:12:31 pm »
yea, after all that to get it, go figure. Tons of thanks to dan for hooking it up though! :thumbsup:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 11:47:50 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;203763

No "sponsored by Gayseein\' Fishbowl" on those shorts?

Quote from: FrankZappa;203755
/resultsoverall(a.html"]crappy breakdown[/URL]:
Overall RNK 125 out of 138 (ugh)
Swim place: 39th place   / 40:46:00
Transition 1, swim to bike: 3:09
Bike place: 26th / 2:47:15
Average speed: 20.1mph
Transition 2, bike to run: 0:47 seconds
Run Pace: 13:19 (12:00 on a treadmill is a 4 speed, so do the math, oof)   
Run time: 2:54:16
Total time: 6:57:56

Estimated caloric expenditure?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 11:47:50 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2008, 05:33:13 am »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
Estimated caloric expenditure?

don\'t know on the swim, the bike/run was around 2,400.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2008, 01:14:05 pm »
ok, so I find this somewhat humorist. Someone at work was asking me about this and I gave them the link rather than re-writing the accident. Anyway, the link is down for the results page because they changed it to be broken up by age group.

Yea, I came in 8th for my age group. How the hell did I make the top 10 with such a horrible time? :idunno:

In other news, that accident cracked my front fork. After some serious month + long searching my bike shop found a replacement one! Just have to wait for it to ship over from spain. Don\'t even want to think about what it\'s going to cost me. That\'s a lot of carbon.

gitCHu ONe.

• I reckon y\'all fixin to..
    • http://www.gitchuone.com
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2008, 02:27:15 pm »
Good health is the slowest possible way one can die.

Good job! :thumbsup:
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2009, 04:24:17 pm »
Overall RNK 125 out of 138 (ugh)
Swim place: 39th place / 40:46:00
Transition 1, swim to bike: 3:09
Bike place: 26th / 2:47:15
Average speed: 20.1mph
Transition 2, bike to run: 0:47 seconds
Run Pace: 13:19 Run time: 2:54:16
Total time: 6:57:56

Overall Place 207 out of 345 finished
Rank Swim 144
Swim time 34:50:0
T1 4:52
Rank Bike 97
bike time 2:59:11
avg speed 18.8
rank run 278
run time 2:38:41
run pace12:07
final 6:17:33

took a slower bike ride but made up for it on the run and swim. Overall, dropped 40 minutes and 23 seconds of last years time. :biggrin:

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2009, 05:32:31 pm »
Congrats on your improvement.

That data means nothing to me. Where is my team of scientists to decipher this data?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2009, 05:39:14 pm »
Well done Paul!
Masturbation in the MFA

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2009, 05:41:30 pm »
rank = how you did in comparison to other people (1st, 2nd, 3rd, ect) out of 345 people who actually finished. over 500 were said to sign up but only that many crossed the finish line. the rest of it is the amount of times it took me. transitions are the time between when you get out of the water and on the bike (t1) and then again when you get off the bike and start to run (t2).