Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-06-09 - Festival Pier @ Penn\'s Landing; Philadelphia, PA  (Read 10311 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
I: Surreal Radio > Intension, Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) > Attraction To Shade Ditty > Honey Butter

Opened for The North Mississippi All-Stars and moe.

Thanks to bezerker for the call!

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Setlist: 2006-06-09 - Festival Pier @ Penn\'s Landing; Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 08:30:23 pm »
Quote from:
looks like a solid li\'l set.  i hope some heads were there and got enlightened.

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 08:49:49 pm »
Breakfast and moe. at the same venue, yet Igzy is not there :hscratch:
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 09:17:01 pm »
judging from this little doozie. i\'d be surprised if the Breakfast were invited back to play moe.down not to mentioned they tend to have different bands each year.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 09:48:24 pm »
that looks like a sick fucking show. powerful.
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 09:59:38 pm »
Quote from: Rujah
judging from this little doozie. i\'d be surprised if the Breakfast were invited back to play moe.down not to mentioned they tend to have different bands each year.

???? how do u know it was a doozie?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 10:08:41 pm »
^^
mooboo

(just a guess)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

OMS

• Egg-Head
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 11:47:18 pm »
im confused as to why everytime any little set comes out on .info people praise it no matter what it is really.  not to be a downer, but to me, that set looks terrible w/ maybe 1 or 2 high points.  i\'m sure they played well, but i feel like they could have chosen better tunes to represent themself at a moe. opener

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 12:10:33 am »
Too bad every show can\'t be

Rufus > Psygn > Puppetry > Buquebus > Gladys > Son of Simpleton

Well to be honest I usually end up scratching my head a little bit after I see Breakfast\'s festival setlists. And after seeing them play a couple festies it\'s part of the reason I rarely make it out to festivals anymore. But I\'ll be going to NuGroove because I think they\'ll be getting a good time slot so they won\'t have to pick out 45 minutes of material to represent them.... they can play a SER show Stone Church style.

Personally I\'d say Surreal Radio and Intension are both a little young to bust out for a Moe opener.... no doubt these songs will be better in a year or so. Mooboos is an excellent pick though... if the rest of the show was well played (most likely was) that could have tied this short set together to make it very memorable for the audience.

Since I wasn\'t there I\'m just typing out of my arse of course
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 12:13:20 am by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 12:45:01 am »
Quote from: OMS
im confused as to why everytime any little set comes out on .info people praise it no matter what it is really.  not to be a downer, but to me, that set looks terrible w/ maybe 1 or 2 high points.  i\'m sure they played well, but i feel like they could have chosen better tunes to represent themself at a moe. opener

I can understand your point but in this case I believe the set was well selected.

Surreal Radio>Intension
2 of their strongest new songs that are more mainstream oriented, contain memorable riffs, and have catchy choruses. Kind of perfect to introduce the band to new fans.

Mooboo\'s>ATSD>Honey Butter
Mooboo\'s is one of the most beautiful songs ever written by any band and the segue into ATSD must have caught some people\'s attention and then right into Honey Butter another strong new song w/ a catchy chorus.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 08:33:00 am »
Mooboo\'s was out of place last night. They could of chosen a better tune in that place. Not too many people getting down but a lot of praise coming from moe. and the NMAS.

Decent show nothing special.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 10:21:04 am »
i think that\'s a great setlist, given the time constraints. like leith said, open with two catchy but powerful new tunes, drop a serious tune for the meat of the set, kick in a little more power at the end of that and finish it up with the arena rocker honeybutter. they like their new tunes, the new tunes are most indicative of where they\'re at right now as a band, the album is being worked on so introduce folks to those tunes, and hey, at least there wasn\'t a tricky ways, right?! (even though i like it, i know a lot of y\'all think its not worthy)

setlist construction-wise, it looked pretty smart to me.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 10:23:38 am »
trust me when I say, Mooboo\'s was out of place. It just wasn\'t the right song for the situation. Played well, yes but didn\'t fit the situation. It was played because they were not going to play Buquebus or Rufus and had to come out with a heavy hitter.

The new tunes hit the spot perfectly though. Still a very solid set.

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 10:49:05 am »
spacey is right. the set was great. the two openers were solid and well done. attraction was sickness and honey butter worked great as a closer. it left that wanting more feeling. mooboo\'s was, on the other hand, not the right song at the right time. it was well played and the bfam all liked it, but it was still light (sunny) out with a fairly small crowd, all trickling in after a big rainstorm right before the show. it just wasn\'t the right fit. many other choices would have been better IMO. that said, their the band and you gotta love when bands take chances. NMAS and moe. certainly both gave them big props on several occasions. luther dickinson was the best guitar player on that stage last night and his comment was that he\'d been humbled by tim. i\'m sure he was being nice, but it was a very nice thing to say. you all know how i feel about moe., so you have to admit, it takes a lot of confidence to hire TWO bands with better guitar players than yours as openers. with moe., it\'s never been about who\'s the "best". it\'s always been about the team effort and the overall result. gencs said it best last night...."they throw a hell of a party". btw......moe.\'s set was awesome!!!

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 11:17:38 am »
good time with moe. last night and they certainly do know how to party!