Author Topic: Sully\'s; Hartford, CT  (Read 3940 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2009, 07:34:20 am »
Quote from: inthewhitelodge;241236
The one and only last time I went to Sully\'s, I had a super dooper time meeting up with everyone, but I have to say, that place is sketchville. I\'d rather wait it out for Daniel Street the following weekend, and enjoy Letting It Roll until Sunday! Then again, I don\'t need to rage it like I used to-- mostly for the sake of needing to be intensely on point while working at the new job. Applied Behavior Analysis is intense.

Do you do 1:1 in home training or do you work in a school? I\'m an OT at a private special ed school.  We have several students that have been subejected to formal ABA training in the past... all we notice now is that they have become prompt dependent drones.

Quote from: bdfreetuna;241147
Yeah I doubt they really give a hoot about being able to drink or not, they just really wanna see Breakfast. Gonna have to play this one by ear it seems.

I wasn\'t trying to suggest that they were looking to booze it up... all I meant is that if they go in early, before the door guys are working... they would look kinda strange/out of place if they were just hangin out in the bar for 2 hours waiting for a band to play. Honestly, its not like there\'s a ton of people in there until about 30 minutes before the boys go on...  I think they\'d have more of a shot if they coud get in once the crowd builds, then they can just blend in.  Its just the matter of being able to get in at that point thats the issue.  Does that make better sense?  I wish them the best of luck... hey if they cant get in, there\'s always the back parking lot... maybe someone will leave the back door open so they can at least listen!

Do the McLovin\'s go on at 9?  I\'ve been dying to catch these guys...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 07:35:04 am by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2009, 09:21:29 am »
The real issue is getting them past the doorguys.  Their job is to keep underage kids out.  To go through a door guy requires to show ID and pay cover.  And there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY, that anybody over or under 21 will talk their way into a show without having proper ID.  Obviously this differs from venue to venue, but as for Sullys and Daniel St, there is no getting through a doorguy without ID.

The only way would be the sneak in through the pizza side, as far as I can see.  But that requires these kids hanging out at the right time, making their move at the right time, and then blending in for the remainder of the night.  Impossible, no.  Improbable after a marathon Breakfast bender, probably.  However, I wish them the best of luck and will do my best to cast a nice shadow over them up front up in Timmy and Doozers grills........
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2009, 11:12:35 am »
Yeah too bad they usually have some retarded DJ or rap music playing outside when the band is inside, you can\'t even hear them from the tiki lounge area. They should def open the door. I think last show I stood at the door during Eyes of the World and held it open just so people out there heard it anyway :P
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2009, 11:38:40 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;241296
I think last show I stood at the door during Eyes of the World and held it open just so people out there heard it anyway :P

one of the only wavy memories i have of that evening...
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2009, 03:34:06 am »
i don\'t want to say anything ridiculous, but...

that was the greatest thing i\'ve even seen ever by anbody
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2009, 09:39:42 am »
so wot happened? anyone awake yet, or still awake?
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2009, 10:25:32 am »
Quote from: zuke583;241670
i don\'t want to say anything ridiculous, but...

that was the greatest thing i\'ve even seen ever by anbody

Quote from: frolfer;241671
so wot happened? anyone awake yet, or still awake?

DEETZ?!
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Ren

• what?
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2009, 10:35:54 am »
Yeah, as far as the second set goes, it\'s hard to describe how good it was. Just unreal.

The insane jam that led into the craziest mayfly I\'ve ever seen, the frenzy that the worked up to towards the end before ahoy was just ridiculous. Best one I\'ve seen. And I don\'t recall ever seeing anything in my life better than rush. I sincerely hope this was recorded. All I remember after that is spunk, which was also jaw dropping. Was there anything else? I remeber drunk monk blowing us away, I remember reel time being a huge surprise, the sound was incredible, best one I\'ve seen. Gravity too.

Someone post a setlist cuz it\'s out of order in my head. But yes, I have to agree with zuke on this one. Glad I was there.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2009, 11:08:32 am »
insane in the membrane
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2009, 12:45:29 pm »
We have video!
Found a way to do handheld camera with a mic extension cord.
Did it second set. Looks cool!

Support your local McLovins!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 12:59:49 pm by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2009, 12:53:24 pm »
i: jam>gravity, drunk monk, the sound, reel time

ii: jam>mayfly, rush, spunk

sleeping beauty was in there somewhere, right?

oh and the mclovins are for real. good stage presence too.
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Ren

• what?
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2009, 01:01:28 pm »
I think it was before reel time.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2009, 01:52:43 pm »
3 song second set? must\'ve been jammmmmmmmed
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Ren

• what?
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2009, 02:40:31 pm »
Jammed isn\'t a strong enough word.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2009, 02:56:20 pm »
McLovins Set
Soundcheck: It\'s Ice jam, blues jam both w/ Jordan
I: Deep Monster Trance, Dynne(?), Virtual Circle, ?, YEM, ? > Tweezer Reprise > ?
E: Conundrum

The Breakfast
Soundcheck: Whipping Post jam
Set I: jam*> Gravity, The Sound, Drunk Monk Bar, Sleeping Beauty, Reel Time
Set II: jam > Mayfly Disarray, Rush, Spunk

*w/ Whipping Post teases
Where to next?