Author Topic: Sully\'s; Hartford, CT  (Read 3938 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 11:30:10 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;241089
Give me advice. ID passpacks don\'t usually work well for multiple people that don\'t look like me!

ID Passback wont work.  There is never a rush of people trying to get in which would provide the proper distraction needed.....

Good luck 1. trying to convince the band to let them pose as crew, merch, etc. 2. It is a BAR and NOBODY under 21 is allowed in.  And lets not try to use the fact that the McLovin\'s are under 21.  They are on the bill.  I have seen Gavin forced to set up merch outside of venues when he was under 21.

How many underage kids are we talking?  If it was 1 person, id say you have a 80% chance of sneaking them in.  2, id say your chances drop to 65%-70%....any more than that, I would say you are under 20% chance of success.......

The only real way to get them in would be, get them there early, and chill on the pizza side, then have them come over when the breakfast starts....

its a sorry chip situation.  I suggest you leave them at Wah-Stock whilest you and the legal drinkers hit up sullys....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Mamalakabubadaya

Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 11:32:18 am »
i don\'t think there is a wristband or a stamp at sully\'s, but there is really no way of getting around not being 21. i think the only way of getting in is kind of sneaking in through the back of the bar once the show has started or getting there reaally early, but there is no guarantee of not getting caught, etc. i just know a few times when i\'ve been there i\'ve basically just walked right through without even being greeted by any sort of bouncer person.

then again, you should not listen to a person has been caught for being underage at sully\'s.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 11:39:12 am »
when i was underaged i had to get the the venue when the band did and help load in/ stick around all afternoon/nite.   def hope we can work somethin out i\'ll be with you (if thats still cool) so i\'ll help pull some strings.  honestly shouldnt be too hard
*Gia*

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 11:45:56 am »
That\'s what I was thinking, maybe I could use the pizza side to our advantage..

I feel kinda bad if it doesn\'t work out though cuz these kids (I\'m guessing 4 to 6 depending how many end up going to Wormtown) are maximally psyched and the fact they\'re skipping Wormtown to rage a nearly impossible run makes them deserving psychedelic soldiers in my mind.

That and they represent the next generation of enthusiastic / non-jaded and bitchy Breakfast fans. Our world needs them.

Quote from: bezerker;241094
when i was underaged i had to get the the venue when the band did and help load in/ stick around all afternoon/nite.   def hope we can work somethin out i\'ll be with you (if thats still cool) so i\'ll help pull some strings.  honestly shouldnt be too hard

Yea kidd take a train down to get here early Friday afternoon, and burrito-buns can probably pick you up. Or better yet take the bus straight to downtown emo-ville, whatever works for you. I\'m tryin to leave probably around 2:00ish cuz I gotta work at least a decent chunk of the day but also wanna get some chill-time in.

Hopefully this shit w00ks out, worst case scenario I guess is they can party at the \'Stock and still catch 2 shows.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 11:45:56 am by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2009, 11:48:38 am »
I wish you the best of luck.  I wont be getting up there till just before the boys take the stage...

In my honest opinion, it seems like there are going to be 4-6 miserable and pissed kiddies in the parking lot saturday night.
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2009, 11:58:14 am »
Under 21 dance party on the sidewalk out front! If we bring the red velvet rope and our own hand stamps I can\'t imagine Sully\'s would have any objections...

...oh wait that\'s the same place that threatened us with pistols after the last show :lol:

Yeah I don\'t think I\'m gonna make any promises unless the band wants to promote them to temporary crew status and delight the shit out of them.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2009, 12:02:15 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;241095
That\'s what I was thinking, maybe I could use the pizza side to our advantage..

I feel kinda bad if it doesn\'t work out though cuz these kids (I\'m guessing 4 to 6 depending how many end up going to Wormtown) are maximally psyched and the fact they\'re skipping Wormtown to rage a nearly impossible run makes them deserving psychedelic soldiers in my mind.

That and they represent the next generation of enthusiastic / non-jaded and bitchy Breakfast fans. Our world needs them.

Quote from: bezerker;241094

Yea kidd take a train down to get here early Friday afternoon, and burrito-buns can probably pick you up. Or better yet take the bus straight to downtown emo-ville, whatever works for you. I\'m tryin to leave probably around 2:00ish cuz I gotta work at least a decent chunk of the day but also wanna get some chill-time in.

Hopefully this shit w00ks out, worst case scenario I guess is they can party at the \'Stock and still catch 2 shows.

im pretty sure george and me convinced his gf to drive us and then we were gonna go back to CT with you and take the train home after the weekend if that works with you brah.  we\'ll get your boys in there ill work my ass off for ya\'ll.  my ass !
*Gia*

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2009, 03:11:12 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;241097
I wish you the best of luck.  I wont be getting up there till just before the boys take the stage...

In my honest opinion, it seems like there are going to be 4-6 miserable and pissed kiddies in the parking lot saturday night.

I\'d have to say I agree with Gencs on this one... Every time I\'ve been up there for the bfast lately, there has been a door man at the front and the back entrances.  I mean I guess if they show up early before the door guys are posted they might be able to get in the doors, but then what are they gonna do... avoid the bar?  Wouldn\'t that make them look even more obvious?  Unless they are ALL DD\'s (Which isn\'t a bad thing). When there hasn\'t been a doorman, the bartenders usually check the ID\'s.  After the door guys start, I suppose they could hide in the bushes all stealthlike and wait for an opportune moment when one of them has to take a leak and then sneak in...?  I\'m not sayin it\'s an impossible feat to get in, it\'s just gonna take some prior planning or extreme luck.  It\'s much easier to get in there on nights when there isn\'t an act they\'re collecting at the door for.
Where to next?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2009, 03:12:55 pm »
Yeah I doubt they really give a hoot about being able to drink or not, they just really wanna see Breakfast. Gonna have to play this one by ear it seems.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2009, 03:36:46 pm »
just tell them to walk in like the own the place and dont look back
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2009, 03:40:36 pm »
Quote from: derickw;241154
just tell them to walk in like the own the place and dont look back

Only way to do it.

This sneakin\' in is inappropriate. Why don\'t you think about Sully\'s feelings.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2009, 03:47:34 pm »
It\'s hard to look like you own the place when you\'re a group of saucer-eyed 19 year olds who just raged 2 festivals/shows/parties in the previous 24 hours :lol:

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2009, 04:03:46 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;241160
It\'s hard to look like you own the place when you\'re a group of saucer-eyed 19 year olds who just raged 2 festivals/shows/parties in the previous 24 hours :lol:

i beg to differ, i did it all the time when i was 19.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2009, 04:20:51 pm »
Not everyone can step so hard, as much as we\'d wish! :D

inthewhitelodge

Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2009, 10:19:34 pm »
The one and only last time I went to Sully\'s, I had a super dooper time meeting up with everyone, but I have to say, that place is sketchville. I\'d rather wait it out for Daniel Street the following weekend, and enjoy Letting It Roll until Sunday! Then again, I don\'t need to rage it like I used to-- mostly for the sake of needing to be intensely on point while working at the new job. Applied Behavior Analysis is intense.
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave: