Author Topic: Next CD Cover Revealed?  (Read 7325 times)

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
Next CD Cover Revealed?
« on: January 27, 2004, 11:39:02 am »
I was browsing through the PB website this morning, and I saw that the "Introducing The Breakfast" tour poster had this link to the designer\'s website at the bottom.  Within the "designs" section of their website is the attatched image, dubbed a "CD Cover".  Is this the cover to the next PB album?
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
Next CD Cover Revealed?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 11:40:51 am »
Sorry to reply so fast, but Wah would get pissed if I edited the above post...

In case you can\'t read it, the title of the album is "High in the Rockies".

Viva la revolution!  Don\'t edit posts!
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

davepeck

• Administrator
Next CD Cover Revealed?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 11:41:03 am »
High In The Rockies??

:hscratch:

origen

• http://
Next CD Cover Revealed?
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 11:45:04 am »
If they\'re gonna change their name shouldn\'t the new cd say "The Breakfast"?  And if they print another run of their old cd\'s will they change the name on those?

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Next CD Cover Revealed?
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 12:12:19 pm »
20 times better than the deuce cover....but what an album..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

davepeck

• Administrator
Next CD Cover Revealed?
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2004, 12:07:30 pm »
i wholeheartedly disagree, freddie... although the deuce album cover very much resembles Boyz II Men\'s second album, II, at least some effort went into it.. granted the image Drew posted is pretty low-res, but it just looks like someone did it in MS Paint...

oh, and is it me, or does it look a lot like this:

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Next CD Cover Revealed?
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2004, 02:04:40 pm »
peck,can you actually tell me honestly that you dig the cover to deuce?i remember when the artist came up with the idea and i thought it was supercheesy then.now that i look at its even more horrible.the tunes speak for themselves,but the cover blows.i enjoy the pic of them takin a crap on the inside better than the actual cover.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

davepeck

• Administrator
Next CD Cover Revealed?
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2004, 02:21:40 pm »
not saying i\'m in love with the deuce cover, but i don\'t think it\'s horrible. i\'d say it\'s better than the BF cover as well..

all in all, i wouldn\'t say i love any of pb\'s 3 album covers... now the pitchie faces on the other hand.... :D

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
Next CD Cover Revealed?
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2004, 01:04:10 am »
The first album cover is far-and-away my favorite. The bootleg CD with my tube-induced facial contortions is funny, but considerably beyond the boundary of stupid. There was no point. It was just an idea. A stupid idea. Actually, a whim, really. A stupid stupid whim.

Pitch

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Next CD Cover Revealed?
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2004, 09:47:41 am »
speaking of album covers, how is Justin Maturo doing and is he still going to the shows?  

Did you guys like Justin\'s old artwork better than the newer stuff?

did he create the covers for Deuce or just Disk 1?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

davepeck

• Administrator
Next CD Cover Revealed?
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2004, 09:51:49 am »
al - jut\'s doing just fine.. he did 1 & deuce.. i\'m trying to talk him into coming up with us tomorrow.. we\'re goin out tonight - i\'ll tell him you were asking for him..

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Grand Scheme of Peck
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2004, 09:55:54 am »
Off topic post but I\'ve always wanted to ask:

Dave Peck, how do you manage so many activities in your life?  I\'ve always been impressed with your ability to post messages promptly thoughout the day, work full time (i remember you doing some major overtime for a while too), work at Shaw\'s (doubt you\'re still there but you were there for a long time), work on the taping and archiving stuff, go to shows hundreds of miles away, and go to the gym.  

I was also impressed by your ability to afford so much stuff while you were in college: apartment, new car, major gas bills to get to shows, gym membership, expensive equipment, hundreds of dvd\'s etc.  

Not that I go into deep thought about you on a regular basis but I have often wondered how you do it.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

davepeck

• Administrator
How does he do it?
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2004, 11:02:37 am »
al, i\'d tell you, but then i\'d have to kill you.

:D

just kidding. anyways, i like a lot of stuff, a lot. i\'ve always been one to try to do everything, rather than sacrifice one thing for another. i prioritize, but i don\'t sacrifice...

i work in front of a computer all day, so during downtime, breaks, etc, i check in on the forum, among other things. the overtime thing is over for now. i was working as a consultant at Hyperion Solutions (one of Fortune\'s 100 Best Companies To Work For) for over 15 months, until i was finally hired as a permanent employee earlier this month (yay!)... i did the shaw\'s thing for a while during consulting (until Feb \'03), mainly because i was attached, but it got to be too much. i decided i wanted my weekends, so i left on great terms.. i worked with a lot of great people there, so it was hard to leave at first, but it was for the better...

as far as taping goes, i\'m not the crazy guy you once knew... matt\'s gone ballistic and runs 168 channel multi-tracks at all the local shows, and chris is following in his footsteps.. they\'ve got most of the local stuff covered, and i pretty much record anything they can\'t make it to, that i can. i just don\'t have the time for it like i did in \'01-\'02... i still find time to archive, seed, and hook people up with discs though. expect a nice stack from me tomorrow night.

you can still find me at the gym daily.. the new job is nice because i can pretty much make my own hours, plus i get to work from home on fridays... so i work 6-2 every day, go home and rest a bit, hit the gym around 4:30, and i\'m home by 6 for the night.. working from home also allows me to go out the night before, since i can just roll out of bed and start working..

as far as affording stuff while in college, that is 150% thanks to Lisa for supporting me and my habits the whole time. Lisa is 2 years older than me, and got a job as a nurse before she was even done with college, so... oh, and i\'ve also been going to the gym for free for the past year, due to my runner-up victory in Manhattan Fitness Survivor in August \'02... (i can go into more detail over dinner).. also, you can ask anyone who knows me - i don\'t pay full price for anything. i\'m a big time bargain shopper, and always wait for and find the best deals.. guess that\'s something else i do in my spare time. :)

after all this, Lisa and i are finally house hunting... we\'re seriously grown out of our condo - there\'s just no room for anything... so we\'re looking.. gonna stay in the area, even though i work about 45 miles from home, it\'s not bad with the hours... another great thing is because of the market, we\'re looking to make about $50k-$60k when we sell our condo, which will definitely help with the house...

so.. that\'s my life story. :) to be continued..

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Next CD Cover Revealed?
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2004, 11:09:50 am »
Dave, you must be the happiest man alive...........  God Bless
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

davepeck

• Administrator
Next CD Cover Revealed?
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2004, 11:15:47 am »
thanks joe.. i\'m very glad/relieved that everything worked out with this job.. the market is just as bad as it was when i graduated (at least in IT).. i continued to send out resumes the entire time i was contracting, and came up empty. i consider myself very lucky to be where i\'m at, as that gets to be really discouraging..