Author Topic: Female Sideline Commentators  (Read 2952 times)

YoMa

Female Sideline Commentators
« on: November 07, 2005, 11:30:02 am »
Before i start, i want to let it be known that i\'m not trying to come across as sexist...

What is up with these female sideline commentators during football games? They are absolutely useless. They offer no insight to the game at all. All they do is just talk to the coach before the game and ask them what "the game plan will be" or something close around those lines. Then the coach will respond with the generic answer of, "we\'re gonna have to step it up and make plays blah blah blah." It is almost degrading for these women, actually. It\'s hilarious as Madden will say, "ok now lets hear from Bonnie on the sidelines", followed by a close-up shot of her in this horrible outfit looking really beat with a man voice.
i also loved watching this one chick quickly trying to get a word with Mke Sherman (Packer\'s Coach) right before halftime yesterday. What makes anyone think that he would want to answer her worthless questions while losing at home with a then 1-6 record?!?! (they lost the game and are now 1-7!)
i dont know..its these little things that irritate me sometimes.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 11:45:07 am »
Personally I think football commentary as a whole is completely useless. Most of them just talk to hear their own voice. They say the most blatantly obvious stuff and when they do go out on a limb they are usually wrong.

Ill never forget the Patriots first Superbowl win. They are marching down the field and madden and all the others kept saying they need to take it to OT. I cant believe they are risking this etc etc etc. And they marched down the field and kicked a Field goal and won.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

YoMa

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 11:53:36 am »
Quote from: kindm\'s
Personally I think football commentary as a whole is completely useless. Most of them just talk to hear their own voice. They say the most blatantly obvious stuff and when they do go out on a limb they are usually wrong.

Ill never forget the Patriots first Superbowl win. They are marching down the field and madden and all the others kept saying they need to take it to OT. I cant believe they are risking this etc etc etc. And they marched down the field and kicked a Field goal and won.

agreed..and that\'s how they have won superbowls in preceeding yearS so to have said that they must feel like assholes now.

they also tend to say things that are just totally false just to make a point sound smart. also, when they do know that they are wrong, they will try to make up for it by throwing out some random statistic that is written right in front of them...hacks.

Oh yeah..what REALLY pissed me off yesterday was listening to di-ka trying to put down these experts with their opinions on Vick and how you can never have anything relevant to say about it if you haven\'t played the game!!!! oh man i was ready to throw my lazy-boy at the T.V after that...so he\'s basically saying that fans can never give their opinions about sports..dude, the GAME IS PLAYED FOR THE FANS!!!!

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 12:13:18 pm »
Well I am a fan and have played the game. Of course not at the level they are playing but it is all basically the same.

The coverages and defensive schemes are more elaborate but it all comes down to the same basics and fundamentals.

I think it is hard for people to understand whats involved in a game if they have never played it. I for 1 would be the first to admint my lack of knowledge in Hockey or many of the other sports I may be a fan of. A lot of that lack of insight comes from having never played the game.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 02:41:26 pm »
that one blonde is hot though. Forget what network she is on. but I enjoy hearing a hot blonde talk about football. Even if she is not saying anything too highly anylytical (sp?)

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 05:13:46 pm »
Regardless of sex I find all of the sideline commentators useless.

I do believe that you can coach/commentate on sports that you have not played. A thorough knowledge of the game can be gained simply from watching and listening to what players say. But yes I think that having played the sport helps in some ways.
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 05:23:08 pm »
I\'d rather have female sideline commentators than male. If the job is as useless as it seems to be why not have a pretty face to look at ? It\'s a start at least for some woman in a male dominated area anyways.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 06:28:54 pm »
Tony Siragusa is the best sideline reporter hands down.  All the chicks suck balls compared to the Goose.

YoMa

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 06:46:51 pm »
Quote from: leith
I\'d rather have female sideline commentators than male. If the job is as useless as it seems to be why not have a pretty face to look at ? It\'s a start at least for some woman in a male dominated area anyways.

lose them all..leave the pretty faces for the cheerleaders. tony siragusa, another sideline commentator (showing up less and less during games, thank god..sorry Ig..gonna have to go against you on this one :)), is a 300+ lb. meathead who never has anything of remote interest to say and is considered an "expert" of the game. none of these women are considered experts, so it just seems degrading to them even more..and other than that one chick, most of them are BUTT. that could just be me though. i am totally for women showing up more in football games, but give them a job that would make them seem less as just a means of filling in the gender gap. it just seems like such a poor attempt to get women involved.