Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-05-31 - Harpers Ferry; Allston, MA  (Read 14049 times)

peaches626

Setlist: 2009-05-31 - Harpers Ferry; Allston, MA
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2009, 12:33:25 am »
Quote from: roach2226;232289
i drove a couple budies to the show, had about three beers before i got to the venue while my friends got fairy drunk. the jack ass at the door looks at the two of them then at me and tells me they can go in but i cant. I could have passed a breathalizer and caused no scene whatsoever. good think i bought my tix ahead of time. harpersfery can burn to the ground.

Roach, I saw this happen to you, and it broke my heart... I said something to the dude, and i got the same "i don\'t have to let you in either" line...

Honestly, roach\'s conversation went like this-

Door Man 1: You been drinkin?
Roach: Ya, I had a couple beers earlier...
Door Man 1: Where you been tonight?
Roach: What?
Door Man 1: What you don\'t know where you\'ve been tonight?
Roach: No we were around fenway, we went to Boston Beer Works cuz we never got into the concert....
Door Man 2: He\'s probably been drinkin all night.
Door Man 1: I\'m gonna have to ask you step out of line.

I couldn\'t believe what was happening

But outside of doorman shenanigans, this show was great

Thank god i got right off the bus and was one of the first people in line, and got to actually see the whole show...  Very high quality playing- doozer was droppin huge bombs!!  Seriously every time adrian and doozer break shit down and get dark and dirty I poop something happy into my pants... Highlight for me was definitely queeb- that song honestly seems to get better every time i see it.  the whole show was a pretty ser dance party- crowd was strong and gettin down- incredible considering we had already been through one 4 hr show that night

Huge props to the Spaceman for settin up and  holdin down the party bus scene.  It was so incredibly worth every penny.  This night was one of the top musical events of my entire life.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:47:51 am by peaches626 »
taints rule, gypsies drool!

mvallo

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2009, 12:43:37 am »
I few years back I had a friend that had a different, but similar situation with a bouncer.  A group of my friends went to a bar and one of the guys had an out of state license. The bouncer said "its fake, get out of there or we will call the cops." since it was real, we said go ahead.  The cops came and looked at it and told the bouncer its real.  The venue said, you still can\'t come in.  The cop ask my friend if he wanted to press civil charges.  At that point it was not worth the hassle and we all left.
    I wonder what would happen if the rejected people at harpers took that approach. would the venue change their minds?  They probably don\'t want the cops there either.   but then again is it worth creating all that attention with the cops, probably not.  The bar does have the right refuse a patron is they believe they are intoxicated, but what if they\'re not?

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2009, 02:12:43 am »
I\'m reading the reviews posted by Yelpers online - last night\'s b.s. was business as usual.  Here are a couple:

Quote from: Yelp.com;232302
One Sunday afternoon, I decided to go for a walk with my girlfriend. This walk turned into a \'lets go for lunch at the Sunset Grill\' type of thing. So we did. Had a few beers some good food and then decided to go have a drink at Harpers Ferry.

We go into Harpers Ferry and are greeted by two bouncers at the front door. They look at our ID\'s and then tell us that there is a $12 cover. We pay reluctantly and I am thinking that this is a sort of a rip off.

I go to the bar, order two drinks for my and herself, then I go to the bathroom.

When I come back I notice a bouncer talking to my G/F. He told her that I was knocking over stools and was too drunk, and in fact knocked over the same stool 4 times. WTF?! I know right. I wasn\'t even near a stool. So I come back, and I\'m informed that because I knocked over a stool 4 times, I have to leave. Of course, I\'m old enough to know that when a bouncer tells you that you have to leave, all the talking back or arguing in the world won\'t change that fact.

I did question him on exactly what stool I knocked over, where was it and how did I manage to do that since I was nowhere near a stool. I was just shocked by this lie he was telling. Yes we had drinks before going here but in all fairness, we weren\'t falling over drunk like he was saying.

What made me more mad was the fact that when we showed our ID\'s, paid a total of $24 to get in and chatted with the bouncers, they were perfectly acceptable of us. We also met one of our friends who works at the Ferry just as we went in. She was as shocked as we were that we were being asked to leave. She told us later that the bouncer in question is generally "ridiculous." I\'m not sure what she meant by that really. It\'s open to interpretation.

So, I come back from the toilet, our 2 drinks are on the bar (I\'d already paid for them before I went to the bathroom) and we get asked to leave.
In about 5 minutes we paid $24 cover, and $14 or so for the drinks.

In summary my trip to Harpers Ferry:
I paid $38 within 5 minutes, got asked to leave for knocking over a stool (4 times) that didn\'t even exist, and asked for a refund and got told \'no.\' I hadn\'t even taken my coat off as it was chilly in there.

What could I do. I don\'t like to cause trouble or anything so we just left, went to another bar-O\'Leary\'s in Brookline. There we explained our story and the bartender gave us a drink on the house!

1 star but it should be zero.

The place stank anyway.

Quote from: Yelp.com;232302
The bouncers here are idiots.  While they were throwing me and my friend out they made a derogatory comment about homosexuals.  After they threw us out my friend saw them give eachother high fives.  Ridiculous.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 02:17:21 am by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2009, 03:37:02 am »
it would take a lot to knock over the stools at harpers ferry. i used a couple of them to guard the taper section. they are metal and so heavy that they are tip over proof. if one got knocked over and hit the ground everyone in the place would know about it

tyzack

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2009, 07:51:52 am »
Quote from: galenas;232283
merry pranksters styleee!!

...tell me there were merry pranksters jokes going around. That\'s all i thought of from the momenet the bus was announced.

i was waiting for someone to come out in all day-glo stripes.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

psychjosh

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2009, 07:53:22 am »
Quote from: Vassillios;232261
Quote from: thatguy;232257
todd told me that gavin put himself in that possition cutting the line and arguing with the bouncer to no end until the guy just said get out of here....just saying.ok so we get a good turnout here...awesome,oh wait lets talkshit about the venue so no one shows up next time...sweet

good to hear that the place was almost packed. hopefully a lot of noobs will be turned onto you guys now... by the looks of that setlist how could they not!

Gavin really didn\'t do anything.. They were asking people in line where they cam from and if you said fenway... they turned down like a dozen people that I saw at lease.. I UFCKING HATE HARPERS FERRY!

That being sais.. BOYS RAGED IT! definitely a couple of hundj in the place.

PEACHES, ZUKE, BOOMERS, TUNA and all... great to have finally "officially" met everyone! Had a GREAT time!
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

pizzaburrito

• GTFO it
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2009, 09:15:53 am »
party bus = epic! im so excited to have been a part of that and had a raging time, thank you so much!  and the best part.... stan the man is safely back home in gavins arms now :P

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2009, 09:21:51 am »
Quote from: galenas;232283
we are all so lucky to have this band in our lives it\'s not even funny. what we have going is one of the most indescribable vibes and i literally pray that the family continues to grow and prosper. i met so many new heady folk last night, some of whom had never seen the band but loved the scene and said it was so warm and inviting. obviously i couldn\'t agree more, and i\'m hope word spreads that the bfam not only knows how to party, but does so in a way that everyone can feel as though they\'re part of the ride, ya know?

party bus for life. spaceman is a genius. throw those fireballs of energy all night long, baby, merry pranksters styleee!!

Cheers to that! :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 09:24:59 am by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2009, 10:08:32 am »
i hate boston.(i used to like it but the place just sucks)
i hate fenway. (most uncomfortable place/overated baseball venue ever)
i hate boston music venues. (every single one)
i hate boston bouncers. (i dont need to justify this one)
going to boston?........no thanks!

stublatt

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2009, 10:23:48 am »
Quote from: oldnewbie;232324
i hate boston.(i used to like it but the place just sucks)
i hate fenway. (most uncomfortable place/overated baseball venue ever)
i hate boston music venues. (every single one)
i hate boston bouncers. (i dont need to justify this one)
going to boston?........no thanks!

typical reaction from a guy who suddenly became a Yankee fan in the 70\'s!  And while we\'re at it - nice job selling out the $1.5B new stadium.  No excuse - pathetic!  10 million peeps in the tri-state area.  How do you average about 10,000 less than capacity in your inaugural season in the new \'cathedral\'???  I planned on taking the family down to a game later this month, but the 2nd mortgage fell thru!
Fenway sux!!!
XOXOXO

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2009, 11:59:25 am »
a. i\'m a royals fan....so for those of you who remember the 70\'s...nuff said.

2. i\'m a yankee season ticket holder cause i don\'t live in kc and i love american league baseball. it\'s the most affordable way to do it and see the best games. it also gives me great playoff options (when they get there).

D. why did this become about yankee stadium?

IV. FACT= boston music venues just plain suck. i have to seriously want to go to something to bother going there anymore and i would have gone to this if i was available....but i\'m glad i didn\'t, despite what others are saying about their great time....because....everytime i go to boston for music, i see shit like this and it annoys the crap out of me. i wasn\'t even there and i  felt the need to chime in. i like the north end, chinatown is kinda cool. the traffic is abysmal and the meatheads are abundant. plus it\'s full of red sox fans. (all present company excluded of course)  ;)

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2009, 12:04:18 pm »
Quote from: oldnewbie;232349
a. i\'m a royals fan....so for those of you who remember the 70\'s...nuff said.

2. i\'m a yankee season ticket holder cause i don\'t live in kc and i love american league baseball. it\'s the most affordable way to do it and see the best games. it also gives me great playoff options (when they get there).

D. why did this become about yankee stadium?

IV. FACT= boston music venues just plain suck. i have to seriously want to go to something to bother going there anymore and i would have gone to this if i was available....but i\'m glad i didn\'t, despite what others are saying about their great time....because....everytime i go to boston for music, i see shit like this and it annoys the crap out of me. i wasn\'t even there and i  felt the need to chime in. i like the north end, chinatown is kinda cool. the traffic is abysmal and the meatheads are abundant. plus it\'s full of red sox fans. (all present company excluded of course)  ;)

I haven\'t been to a venue in Boston so I can\'t give my own personal opinion, but coming from friends I have heard that the new House of Blues is a decent venue. I\'m sure there are some Bostonians on here that can confirm this... wolfman perhaps?

Or maybe it sucks and my friends who live in Boston don\'t know shit about music. Either way I\'m still trying to move there so there better be at least one good venue.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2009, 12:06:05 pm »
actually....the moe.rons i know had a lot of nice things to say about the hob as well. i think they might be typing my name on the banned list right now. ;)

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2009, 12:06:13 pm »
the House of Blues is the only venue worth goin\' to in boston these days.  the security there is tolerable, but the drink prices are unreal.  i was getting 11 dollar drinks at moe. a couple months ago.

tyzack

« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2009, 12:43:38 pm »
The lack of a serious, good, vigorous music scene in boston has always been puzzling to me.

It has plenty of colleges, including Berkley School of Music, any number of "chill" neighborhoods where musicians can get anyway with their bohemian lifestyle, and, though it isn\'t obivous, a relatively wide range of cultures represented.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.