Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-10-30 - Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA  (Read 20576 times)

stublatt

Setlist: 2008-10-30 - Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2008, 11:24:41 am »
Dave - complete, total BS!  What a fucked up venue!
Your effort last night was huge - and is appreciated big time by all the costumed freaks.  Those beers will still be coming your way (just not puchased from that dive!)  It\'s too bad, because except for the fact that they made people stand outside till almost 10, and that, for a couple hundred people, they have ONE fuckin\' bathroom (guys and girls combined), and that their taping policy and management completely sucks, it\'s a pretty cool place to catch bands like The Breakfast.  SUCH BULLSHIT!  Thanks again, Dave.
  On a positive note - what a show!!!!!  Tim(Inspector Gadget) doing the Pink Panther sax, Superman Stoops is amazing and totally fits right in (2+ hours of smiling and laughing - I think he\'s hooked!!), Chef DeAngelis is a complete monster, Adrian - beyond reality!!!!!  A special night of jams and cartoons!  Thanks.

Whaley took about 200 pictures!!!!

BTW - It was "Pinky & The Brain" after "Score", and before "Pink Panther"

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2008, 11:30:50 am »
Pinky and The Brain is one that I can do with. anice.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2008, 11:33:57 am »
wow, thanks dave!!! that\'s gotta be the most ridiculous thing i\'ve heard in a while!! well above the funk box/8x10 only letting you tape with their house mics, for damn sure!!! sorry you had to put up with that, but thanks again!!!

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2008, 11:36:00 am »
oh, yes, mucho gracias senor peck para el recording.

http://www.youtube.com/v/QWJLWERyvkk&hl=en&fs=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/QWJLWERyvkk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2008, 11:45:20 am »
Ahhhh yes.... Pinky and the Brain, didn\'t know that one, hence my question mark after Score. But I\'m pretty sure my setlist is accurate other than that. BTW Merry Melodies tease in Psygn.... and it was REALLY cool to see this as a show closer, they rocked the crap out of it!

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2008, 12:29:10 pm »
I feel your pain...  I had car trouble and showed a bit late.  then got into an argument with the door about the recording gear and ended up 86\'ed before I got in...  Worst night ever...

Can\'t wait for the tapes.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2008, 01:13:23 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;209460
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya;209451
the only thing i really could have done without was surreal radio.

wish i could have witnessed the epicness

i missed you during this one, nick!

after metropolis, stoops says something to the effect of: "whoa! what a song!" looked like he was having fun on stage.

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2008, 01:14:57 pm »
dave is a jedi master and has earned all the respect I can muster for not going postal last night.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2008, 01:31:39 pm »
Quote from: krispy;209472
dave is a jedi master and has earned all the respect I can muster for not going postal last night.

exactly!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2008, 01:32:24 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;209458
Oh, and Tuna - PLEASE  bring my purse to VT - it\'s got stuff for my dia-beetis that is much needed! :) tia

Heyy have you talked to Ashley? I can\'t make it up to Burlington my buddy\'s got a local show tonight and love must be shown. I thought you did talk to her though.. anyway can you make it until the drive back down?? I can also overnight it anywhere. I\'m stuck at work today but I think you have Ash\'s # she\'s around today hopefully we can figure something out that doesn\'t leave you in a tough spot medically.

It was awesome chillin with all y\'all who made it pre/post show, I now know like twice as many of you guys names ... I\'m tired as hell today (passes out on keyboard) .. uh what oh yeah

Dave I feel your disdain for IHEG. The upside, lots of good bands come to town. The downside, they are dicks about everything. Crew from Strangers Helping Strangers was with us pre/post show and apparently Iron Horse wouldn\'t even let them set up or go inside until they managed to sneak in for a few minutes at the end. Are you serious. What venue makes Strangers Helping Strangers do a food drive outside in the freezing cold right outside the door? Dicks being dicks.

Speaking of dicks, here is my dick review of the show. "Good by most bands\' standards, weak sauce by Breakfast standards". It was nice to see the balcony open and one of the biggest crowds I\'ve seen for them at Iron Horse.

I don\'t know if I should even say this, like I don\'t want to jinx the band or offend people. But we are all grown ups here. I\'d rather have seen a trio show. Yeah I understand Stoops just half-learned the songs like 5 minutes ago. But whatever. The fact is the difference between the last show I saw (Sully\'s -- totally epic) and last night was stark. Obviously Todd Stoops can play fast keyboards and did some cool things. But to be honest I found his playing rather tasteless and just not my dig at all. That was among my least favorite PB/Breakfast shows of all time.

Tricky Ways ser bustout was the icing on the cake.

I did not expect to see Matt O. in the audience. I also did not expect to find myself practically begging him to come back after the show. Yet, these things did occur.

If Stoops is sticking around I think I gotta hear some real ser live recordings in the future. I\'m a little pissy about this and would like to know the damn deal -- and based on last night hopefully its not perma-Stoops.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2008, 01:38:03 pm »
I wish I had a witty and educated reply to your disdain of Sir Stoops but unfortunately my ass never got in to see what I can only assume you are 100% wrong about, and turned out to be the most epic of musical journeys for myself.  I look forward to further review and in the end tapes.  Thanks Dave for your efforts.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2008, 01:40:42 pm »
the show was great last night (from what i remember)...my first time seeing score in 18 shows, really glad to hear that.  Stoops ripped it up on TWs, queeb was a monster...i remember psygn being epic too, great way to end the show.

great to see everyone, #1 costume by far was peaches OMS sorry chip i ruined FF10, amazing.

Dave, wow now i know why i didnt see you once the entire show.  what a fuckin joke.  the bartenders were tools also, and the sound guy told me to not yell in his ear when i was cheering at the end of the show.

lets close the book on this place, there have been many great shows here, but its gone downhill it seems like.  heck, they werent even allowed to do lights?? give me a break...

what other venues are there in noho, pearl st or soemthing?

Still trying to decide about burlington after how much money i dropped last night.

i thought stoops was awesome, BTW
DS Newbers

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2008, 02:03:55 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;209478
the show was great last night...

...i thought stoops was awesome, BTW

Now that is a good review!

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2008, 02:04:41 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;209476

I don\'t know if I should even say this, like I don\'t want to jinx the band or offend people. But we are all grown ups here. I\'d rather have seen a trio show. Yeah I understand Stoops just half-learned the songs like 5 minutes ago. But whatever. The fact is the difference between the last show I saw (Sully\'s -- totally epic) and last night was stark. Obviously Todd Stoops can play fast keyboards and did some cool things. But to be honest I found his playing rather tasteless and just not my dig at all. That was among my least favorite PB/Breakfast shows of all time.

What you saw last night was just a tease.  I agree there were some awkward moments (they stumbled through the beginning of Rufus), but I think there were also flashes of brilliance (the end of Rufus). Matt and Chris each had more rehearsal time before their debut.  This was a glorified sit in.  Todd also defered to Tim much of the night.  

I think it\'s going to be straight heat when they get comfortable together.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 02:07:03 pm by wildcoyote »
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2008, 02:09:26 pm »
^agreed
DS Newbers