Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-10-13 - Connecticut Yankee; San Francisco, CA  (Read 3484 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Setlist: 2008-10-13 - Connecticut Yankee; San Francisco, CA
« on: October 14, 2008, 06:19:12 am »
I: jam > The Sound, Beef Barley, Reel Time, See The Light > Synergy, What The Funk, The Chase

E: The Vermont Song*

* Adrian on guitar; Tim on drums.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

LBoogie

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 11:29:57 am »

looks like a good time:)  the first of matt\'s final days with the band.....i wonder how that went?  reviews??

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 11:42:32 am »
Worst setlist I\'ve seen in ages.

I wonder if shit is uncomfortable on stage. This is a strange situation imo.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

LBoogie

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 11:52:23 am »
Quote from: Gordo;207758
This is a strange situation imo.

agreed...especially since things have been going so well for them.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 12:56:58 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;207758
Worst setlist I\'ve seen in ages.

I wonder if shit is uncomfortable on stage. This is a strange situation imo.

lol i think i\'d be upset with a Vermont Song encore to be honest. who knows what it was like? i see some nice potential with that see the light>synergy... and i love reel time!
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 01:03:57 pm »
if I lived in san francisco and only got to see the breakfast once or twice a year, I think I\'d be freaking out for a vermont song. Seeing them as much as I do though I\'d probably be indifferent. That said, it\'s always fun to see adrian on guitar.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 01:14:02 pm »
the setlist isn\'t that bad... i\'m just surprised they haven\'t played rush this entire tour. tonight at crystal bay would make sense if they played it
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 01:21:11 pm »
its not as bad as it seems
DS Newbers

rayZENgoo

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 02:02:55 pm »

I was at the show last nite, it was enjoyable, but not one of the better shows, pretty short show, ended at about 12:15.  beef barley i think was the highlight for me, reel time was a weak song to follow with I felt, the keys took center stage for much of the show and it was a \'happy\' vibe for most of it.  crowd was into it up until the end of synergy, then people left the dance floor and it seemed a good time for a set break, but people may have not come back for a second set on a monday.  I had about four or five people with me who had never seen them, mixed reviews, one was really into them while another lost interest halfway through the show...

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 02:25:10 pm »
Quote from: rayZENgoo;207777
I was at the show last nite, it was enjoyable, but not one of the better shows, pretty short show, ended at about 12:15.  beef barley i think was the highlight for me, reel time was a weak song to follow with I felt, the keys took center stage for much of the show and it was a \'happy\' vibe for most of it.  crowd was into it up until the end of synergy, then people left the dance floor and it seemed a good time for a set break, but people may have not come back for a second set on a monday.  I had about four or five people with me who had never seen them, mixed reviews, one was really into them while another lost interest halfway through the show...

i could see that happening... but it was a monday night. hopefully they\'ll be able to get out your way again soon.
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

rayZENgoo

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 02:29:19 pm »

true, i\'m ready for the two set epic throwdown, east coast festival style :)

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 03:23:05 pm »
I thought the show was pretty frickin\' ser and the crowd had a lot of energy for a Monday.  The setlist looks boring but the show was a totally different story.  Another Beef Barley jam that strayed so far outside its framework.  Matt was definitely out-of-control the whole night and he will certainly be missed.  Recalling an old Leith thread from last year, "Matt is a genius!". Didn\'t see any tapers.

Quote from: rayZENgoo;207784
true, i\'m ready for the two set epic throwdown, east coast festival style :)

Were you the guy yelling for a Gladys Pimp toward the end of the show?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 03:30:44 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

rayZENgoo

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 04:40:54 pm »

i agree, the crowd was dancing hard and was into it, the instrument switch was another highlight, adrian\'s solo was dope.  i was not the one yelling for gladys, i heard that though, and my wife really wanted to hear it. i would have been surprised if they busted it out, especially since the bartender/owner? seemed to not be into the music and wanted them to stop.  He told them to turn it down during the soundcheck, and tim goes - aw, but it\'s rock and roll, and left it up!

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 08:43:54 am »
Quote from: rayZENgoo;207801

He told them to turn it down during the soundcheck, and tim goes - aw, but it\'s rock and roll, and left it up!!
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 12:42:13 pm »
It\'s hard to tell based on the setlist but the 2006 CT Yankee show was totally ser (Mooboo>HDX>LDZ>Mooboo or something like that, right?) and this looks a little less so.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising