Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-10-06 - The Waterfront; Menomonie, WI  (Read 5650 times)

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
Setlist: 2008-10-06 - The Waterfront; Menomonie, WI
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2008, 05:13:32 pm »
thank you for helping the band.

you probably want to work on your satire, as i fail to see any irony, derision nor wit. just saying something silly isn\'t satire.
A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.

what you provided was an \'analogy\'
1. a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based

also, y\'all isn\'t spelled ya\'ll.

i mean, you come in and start casting aspersions about, then get all uptight when someone calls you on it. sorry dude, but that\'s not flaming, that\'s life.

should we meet at a show sometime, though, i\'ll gladly buy you a beer.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2008, 05:16:59 pm »
Quote from: Lexington;206495
not to mention decided to fly to europe while the rest of the band was about to embark on their "we are the sickest we\'ve ever been, time to melt the faces of america" tour

in other words, he got some more suitable offers, and everyone wins.

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2008, 05:40:47 pm »
everyone except theband and their fans
caress me, aunt jemima

gitCHu ONe.

• I reckon y\'all fixin to..
    • http://www.gitchuone.com
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2008, 06:06:11 pm »
Good lord. In some attempt to acknowledge that I have read what you have wrote I am posting again. To continue this on and on is what I am NOT going to do as it\'s pointless.

I once posted a review of a show on LMA about how nice it must be to have a group of friends who all enjoy the same musical tastes and can join together to see such a great local band. Now I\'m starting to think otherwise as, to me it sounded so funny to see how quickly someone actually became overly offended by the mention that they may like GNR. Hatred in general (and outright distaste) highlights your ignorance. Say you "hate" something, then stand back and look at yourself.

And BTW, I was not offended in the very least. I understand the "rules" of message boards. I find it funny and a waste of ones time to pick apart someones post for grammatical errors, etc. I guess I just expected more from Breakfast fans.

See ya at the show.
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2008, 06:10:11 pm »
Quote from: gitCHu ONe.;206572
Good lord. In some attempt to acknowledge that I have read what you have wrote I am posting again. To continue this on and on is what I am NOT going to do as it\'s pointless.

I once posted a review of a show on LMA about how nice it must be to have a group of friends who all enjoy the same musical tastes and can join together to see such a great local band. Now I\'m starting to think otherwise as, to me it sounded so funny to see how quickly someone actually became overly offended by the mention that they may like GNR. Hatred in general (and outright distaste) highlights your ignorance. Say you "hate" something, then stand back and look at yourself.

And BTW, I was not offended in the very least. I understand the "rules" of message boards. I find it funny and a waste of ones time to pick apart someones post for grammatical errors, etc. I guess I just expected more from Breakfast fans.

See ya at the show.

yo gitcha one,do me a favor and hit the fucking road.
u dont like it,great.no sweat off my balls.
u like it,great too.
either way,stfu>kys.
signed,
fwah
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2008, 08:46:44 am »
wow guy signs up and in one day is ostracized for asking why Matt actually left......

and for the record i really do HATE Guns and Roses and couldn\'t give two fucks about grammar
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

sconnie4satan

• from the block...
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2008, 09:30:02 am »
back to your regularily scheduled program....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I: jam > May Fly Disarray, Rufus > Scarlet Begonias, Wake Up In A Coma > Escher\'s Etchings (Part 4)

II: Metropolis, Willie The Pimp*, jam > Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Question

E: Taboo Or Not Taboot

Show was played as a three piece, without Matt.

* with bass solo.

not happy i missed the show, but was home sick on monday and felt like crap to drive up there...
the band really needs to play in madison, with a night before or after of timmy tour.
Don\'t shoot the messenger it\'s not his fault...
It\'s just a drag when you\'re the last one to know.

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2008, 03:51:13 pm »

I love this venue.  It is small and very intimate and the vibe is always good.  And a great beer selection. Strong opening jam>MFD, Rufus to kick it off.  Begonias lowered the intensity, but got everybody\'s feet moving.  WIUAC and Escher\'s 4 were good played for the first time on the tour and it was very refreshing.  Metropolis is just so fucking tight right now, then it was onto the Pimp themed medley (Gladys was also played for the first time on the tour) and Question rocked hard.  Taboo just sealed the deal.  This was the first show without sit ins.  I had a great time, seeing four shows in five nights.  The trio lives and has been kicking ass and taking names in the Midwest.  A hell of a good start to the tour.
You Lucky Bastards!