Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-10-04 - The Encore @ UWSP; Stevens Point, WI  (Read 6418 times)

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Setlist: 2008-10-04 - The Encore @ UWSP; Stevens Point, WI
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2008, 01:58:18 pm »
anyone who attended have a ren-like review??? we need one.
DS Newbers

sconnie4satan

• from the block...
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2008, 04:56:27 pm »
no tapers, great playing, much improved venue, drunk sconnie.
about 40-50 people there for the 1st set, decline after setbreak, but some damn ser rockin\'!
Don\'t shoot the messenger it\'s not his fault...
It\'s just a drag when you\'re the last one to know.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2008, 05:37:10 pm »
Quote from: sconnie4satan;206284
about 40-50 people there for the 1st set, decline after setbreak, but some damn ser rockin\'!

I cant understand people who see one set of Breakfast and then leave. What the fuck are they thinking!

This show looks of the charts ser. Wish I could\'ve been there for the nastyness!
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2008, 06:07:18 pm »

not sure how this would go over, but if people are leaving alot during set break, Raq started playing a extended 1st set, then a shortened 2nd set for the people who stayed. I\'m not sure how I like it since I don\'t leave, but if it keeps more people there it may be a good thing to think about.
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2008, 06:38:37 pm »
The dip factor was, in my opinion, due to the fact that the venue stopped selling beer at setbreak.......whatever....it was still the best show of the tour (i know its still pretty early on), and sonically different than any other show i have ever heard out of the breakfast.........

The YEM had a long extended jam in the front.  Heady Biz.  The Hardluck was untouchable, it just kept on going and going.  The Indian Summer out of HLH (i believe) was off the cuff and a perfect little segue jam to go into Overexposure.....Ah good times......
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2008, 06:39:08 pm »
Obviously if you have a 2+ hour time slot every night, a set break is necessary on occasion or you\'re going to burn out, but I definitely think that a one-setter is the way to go whenever possible, especially if the crowd is mostly newbs who may leave at setbreak.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2008, 06:58:37 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;206294
The dip factor was, in my opinion, due to the fact that the venue stopped selling beer at setbreak.......whatever....it was still the best show of the tour (i know its still pretty early on), and sonically different than any other show i have ever heard out of the breakfast.........

The YEM had a long extended jam in the front.  Heady Biz.  The Hardluck was untouchable, it just kept on going and going.  The Indian Summer out of HLH (i believe) was off the cuff and a perfect little segue jam to go into Overexposure.....Ah good times......

WEAK!  like the cubs
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2008, 07:53:29 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;206297
Quote from: Stephengencs;206294

WEAK!  like the cubs

If I was a Breakfast newb at UWSP, I would probably leave a show when they stopped selling beer.

When I was in college, The Breakfast was probably the only band (that would conceivably play a college bar) that I wouldn\'t have bailed on if the venue stopped selling beer.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2008, 10:00:52 am »
Quote from: weekapaug19;206291

not sure how this would go over, but if people are leaving alot during set break, Raq started playing a extended 1st set, then a shortened 2nd set for the people who stayed. I\'m not sure how I like it since I don\'t leave, but if it keeps more people there it may be a good thing to think about.

The last time I saw RAQ they were doing that long 1st set, then 3 song second set thing. I wasn\'t sure why they did it, but it does make sense if it\'s because people were bailing after setbreak. I was pissed and wanted a longer second set, but if it\'s a way to keep people there it might be a god thing.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2008, 10:16:47 am »
Stephengencs says "best show ever" so often that it has lost its meaning.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2008, 03:34:43 pm »

This was certainly one of the most unique Breakfast shows I have ever seen.  Yes, the second set was beyond.  Opening with Tunage, possibly the best jam vehicle that the band has in it\'s arsenal at present.  The sit in with Marcus was insane.  Great interplay between the guitarists while Doozer and Adrian just drove the jam into new heights.  Now, as if that wasn\'t enough HLH>Indian Summer>OE.  It started with Harry and IS then morphed into what I can only explain as a magical journey that explored areas of this bands sonic palette one couldn\'t believe.  Sort of like an SCA on steroids. It went places that I could not even imagine, only to again get rooted and end with a smokin\' version of OE.  Can\'t say I\'m a big fan of the DMB, but it was cool when Jared picked up his violin, adding another voice into the jam and he and Tim ripped it up.  Again, the interplay with the guys from the Hue was stellar.  One cool fucking show.
You Lucky Bastards!

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2008, 03:43:58 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;206367
Stephengencs says "best show ever" so often that it has lost its meaning.

new breakfast shirt in the making right there
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2008, 08:58:02 pm »
a lot of alliteration between the two sit-ins so far.