Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-09-24 - Harper\'s Ferry; Allston, MA  (Read 8505 times)

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
    • http://
Setlist: 2008-09-24 - Harper\'s Ferry; Allston, MA
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 03:39:51 pm »
Quote from: delfunk1;204100
I would guess there was about the same crowd size of the last Mill Street show.  Overall better than I expected.  

I was hoping they would play Metropolis all week, and when they started with it, I knew it would kick ass.  CMSS was some deep funkage.  HLH definetly owened the first set, one of the best ones I\'ve seen. Etch4 is a damn good song too, great way to close the set.  Unfortunately I ended up leaving at setbreak to catch the T so I could get back to Weymouth, I really wish the T ran all night.

While at the show I ran into this kid I went to college with, we actually lived together during a summer session.  I was trying to get him out to a Breakfast show back in 2006, but that was the Mill Street show that got cancelled because of a blizzard.  So a few years later he finally gets to his first Breakfast show.  One of his roomates he was with, this was his first show in 8 years apparently.  Always good to find random people finding out about these shows.

Also the dude I know from college mentioned seeing the Timmy acoustic Reba on YouTube.  I think when peeps see crazy shit like that, it\'s good marketing to get them to attend shows.
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

mvallo

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 04:41:08 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;204098
vallo taped  but on old equipment, I don\'t know yet if it came out.

I left my dat deck in john\'s trunk last night,  I have to drive down to daniel street at 9pm to pick it up.  The recording will be up by tomorrow evening.

mcajam

• < does work
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 05:21:12 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;204093
Did mcajam make it to the show?

you bet yer balls i was there, with a smile from ear to ear.  Chris was a monster last night, i would say leading the boys here and there.  HLH was a rager, and everyone was happy to hear it.  Twas definitely a second set dance party, and it was good to dance with yall again!
"Well, sometimes nuthin\' can be a real cool hand.."

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 05:57:21 pm »
Quote from: mcajam;204165
Quote from: Spacey;204093
Did mcajam make it to the show?

you bet yer balls i was there, with a smile from ear to ear.  Chris was a monster last night, i would say leading the boys here and there.  HLH was a rager, and everyone was happy to hear it.  Twas definitely a second set dance party, and it was good to dance with yall again!

did you sport your new glasses?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 08:22:22 pm »
Great time good to see everyone!  Very fun time getting down in front of the stage with everyone!

While the show was a good time, I am going to buy into the Harper\'s Ferry Curse theory.  First the band gets their van and ALL gear stolen there on 9/12/01.  Then in 2005 four serheads get kicked out in one show.  Then last night someone smashes their $1000 light days before tour and nobody admits to it.  That\'s an incredible stretch of bad luck at one venue.

postom

• let\'s go pens
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2008, 01:42:26 am »
we need to get this band into the hard rock cafe.  EXTREMELY shitty location parking wise, but it\'s a really really great venue and i think it\'s the perfect size for the band.

all in all, awesome night.  thanks *SO* much for coming to boston. traveling 2+ hours to see them all the time takes a lot out of you.  but i\'m glad so many of you CT people showed up.  seriously, last night was a complete success (minus that one bad luck thing we won\'t talk about).

and hey, at least no one had a burrito thrown at them last night. :)

Quote from: Gfunk;204104
People were beggin for more but no encore for some reason.

venue wouldn\'t let them, they tried.  it was 1:30.  if people were still buying drinks at that point they might have let them play more.  most of us were driving so we were done by then
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 01:42:26 am by postom »

peaches626

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2008, 06:33:36 am »
dangle-doo mvp, fa sho, with adrian close 2nd- dude was doin some ser shiz...

off the top of my head, gladys puppetry and hard luck were highlights.  puppetry was with dark and dirty jam- not goofy and trancey...

very happy to hear eppy 1 as well
taints rule, gypsies drool!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2008, 06:31:18 pm »
foam jam/teases were absolutely epic.  never seen igz get down as hard as this show.  grimey puppetry.
*Gia*

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2008, 12:34:28 am »
tapes please :)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2008, 08:08:56 pm »
"The Message" tease in Synergy should definitely be mentioned..... where\'s the World Needs Us tease? Couldn\'t hear that......  word.

Todaysparkles

• The Breakfast Blondie
    • http://www.myspace.com/todaysparkles
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2008, 11:49:50 pm »
Better late than never I suppose! This semi-newb is getting bad markings at Breakfast school.
So basically, when they started playing I realized that my expectations were absurdly high after the Sully\'s show. That being said, I was pleasantly surprised by the boys performance; good old fashion fun times for much of the first set, some dark take Lindsey to strange places times in the second set. Though there were many similarities between the setlists, Sully\'s was just a whole different kind of beast. Both shows were awesome as a whole, IMO.  Not sure how I feel about Metropolis opener, though I am a big fan of the song. Cut Me Some Slack was when things really took off! Dangle Does it Proper, the whole show!  Harry > Escher\'s was fucking enormous. Didn\'t think I was going to get my Puppetry so when I finally heard those teases amongst the depths of the darkness that was set two, I almost lost it. The places that Puppetry went with those nasty ass Foam teases throughout were downright disgusting.  I forgive you John Whalley, for telling me that you saw Tim mouthing it. Yes, my review might be a bit excessive but I feel this show is deserving of it.

Sad to see them leave but it was so great to see everyone (Seth, Princess :ban<3:, you regulars as always,you fine Boston folks..) and send the boys off with a bang.
Seasons don't fear the reaper

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2008, 02:15:09 am »
Quote from: FieryBill;204668
"The Message" tease in Synergy should definitely be mentioned..... where\'s the World Needs Us tease? Couldn\'t hear that......  word.

maybe I got the wrong one. Have not heard either song in a while. have to wait for the tapes.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2008, 08:31:51 am »
Zappa, have you listened to this on the archive yet? At 5:38 of Synergy (Part 2) there\'s clearly a "The Message" tease by Tim. It\'s of the end part jam. This must be changed on the offical setlist! It\'s urking me!! Thanks....

tyzack

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2008, 12:38:24 pm »
Do you think they drew a big enough crowd to get them re-booked on a weekend?
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2008, 12:49:57 pm »
How big was the crowd?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.