Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-09-24 - Harper\'s Ferry; Allston, MA  (Read 8503 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2008-09-24 - Harper\'s Ferry; Allston, MA
« on: September 25, 2008, 02:45:12 am »
I: jam > Metropolis, Gravity, Cut Me Some Slack, Hard Luck Harry > Escher\'s Etchings (Part 4)

II: jam > Synergy* > Episode 1 (Happy)** > Synergy^, Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me^^ > Puppetry

* with \'Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2)\' tease.
** unfinished.
^ with \'The World Needs Us\' tease.
^^ with \'Puppetry\' and \'Foam\' (Phish) teases.

Thanks to FrankZappa for the setlist!

wACEted

• Metropolis Monster
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509724110
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 04:41:59 am »
This was a fun time (as always). I\'m going to bed now.

:tired:
One way or another this darkness got to give...

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 05:32:47 am »
great little crowd to send the boys off on tour with. One of Greg\'s lights met with catastrophe tonight while they were at dinner and is out of commission for the time being. It was set up on stage on a crate. When they came back, no one was sure what happened or who did it, but it was on the stage, broken in two. :sigh: He has several calls in to see what can be done for tour but lighting gear isn\'t like running down to the local music shop because you broke a string... Anywho, openers had a good crowd going and they stayed/were there for breakfast through all of set 1. setbreak doozed out at least 3/4 of them but those who stayed were treated to a great little funk dance party. The synergy breakdown sounded like they were going to build right back into a trance jam but instead they held back and wandered off into ambience a-la the middle of a trippy tweezer before eventually raging back into synergy and bringing those puppetry teases into a full fledge version of the song. IMO chris was the hero of the night. Everyone was playing, but he was just laying down one groove after another, and doing some pretty damn impressive effects on the pedals. I was not the only one to notice as peaches started the "dangle-deuce!" chant as they left the stage.

john whaley = man of the hour. :thumbsup:

so it\'s now 5:30 am, a 2 hour nap in the pimpmobile, xl light and sweet coffee, shower, and bowl of cereal later (not in that order) and I\'ve been at work for 30 minutes. By the time I leave, Gavin will be a star and I\'ll be half awake, but for now I\'m bouncing off the walls.
 :banjump:

Great to see everyone who was there, some people coming out of the woodworks for me were Jocelyn, James, Igzy, Posty, Andrea, Wolfman, and for the first time since ween, a full fledge princess sighting, not merely an elisa. Damn girl, you were raging! :lol: As for Whaley and Ashley, just remember me when you\'re getting yourself a sonic burger while sitting in traffic on the q bridge.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

stefpav

• horse$hit shenanigans!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 08:03:13 am »
was this recorded?  sounds like an excellent line-up!
if you need me i\'ll be in the Angry Dome!

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 08:22:14 am »
i know HLH is great everytime, but I feel they are playing it a ton lately, maybe too much....i know, i\'m probably alone on this one
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 09:25:57 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;204060
One of Greg\'s lights met with catastrophe tonight while they were at dinner and is out of commission for the time being. It was set up on stage on a crate. When they came back, no one was sure what happened or who did it, but it was on the stage, broken in two. :sigh: He has several calls in to see what can be done for tour but lighting gear isn\'t like running down to the local music shop because you broke a string...

it actually happened not long after loading in...a while before dinner. we were outside at the van, went back in, and the light had mysteriously fallen off of the stage. no idea what happened/who did it. i really think that harper\'s ferry is just cursed. last night was a great show, but i will never be a fan of that venue/the management there.

even with that start to the evening, i had a blast at this show. totally wasn\'t expecting to hear eppy 1!!!! gladys>puppetry=probably my favorite part of the night. sucks that there was no encore..

i\'m not gonna make some long list of everyone i was fortunate enough to run into last night, but have to say that i\'m impressed with the turnout that there was on a wednesday night. great to see all of you boston-new hampsh-ri people!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 09:28:59 am by Mamalakabubadaya »

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 09:30:24 am »
I knew I\'d be disappointed that I didn\'t go after seeing the setlist.

It looks scorchin, and I would have been treated to a lot of firsts for me (Metro, CMSS, Hard Luck, Escher\'s 4, Synergy, and Gladys). Plus I wanted to meet the B\'fast crew!!! Looks like it\'ll have to be the Iron Horse and/or Higher Ground. Hope ya\'ll had fun!
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 09:30:52 am »
last night was a great show, but i will never be a fan of that venue/the management there.

There\'s a shocker!
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 09:31:14 am »
jam > Synergy* > Episode 1 (Happy)** > Synergy^

very interesting considering this is kinda what they did in utica.

tapers?

tyzack

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 09:37:39 am »
I wouldn\'t say "hero" but Chris was definetely laying it down for the rest of the band last night. Great show. That was my first time seeing Metropolis and Etcher\'s 4 live, and really dug both of them. I think Metropolis, Gravity was the highlight of the first set and Synergy->Eppy 1->Synergy the second.

For a mid-week show, I think the crowd was pretty good. Hopefully it turned some heads in Beantown and the band will be back for a weekend show before xmas.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 09:57:15 am »
What is Ellis doing putting an expensive light on a crate for?

Why wouldn\'t you secure that light to a stable fixture?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Whineberg

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 10:19:44 am »
Looks like a great set!!!

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 10:26:15 am »
looks like insanity..def a good way to start the national tour
DS Newbers

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 10:30:08 am »
god i love that set list!

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 10:41:58 am »
Did mcajam make it to the show?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.