Author Topic: ATT: Bittorrent users - Upgrade for all CT Comcast high speed subcribers.  (Read 2191 times)

ChrisF

• http://
I just wanted to give all CT comcast cable internet people a heads up.

I am not sure how long ago we recieved the speed upgrade, but in order to get it you need to unplug your cable modem for 2 minutes. I dont think i have ever unplugged mine on purpose, so mine has been going ever since whenever my last power outage was. i just uplugged my cable modem and i am now uploading on bittorrent at speeds just over 46 kB/s. Before i was usually uploading around 28-32 kB/s at the fastest.

So make sure you guys do this at some point so the shows spread faster.

davepeck

• Administrator
ATT: Bittorrent users - Upgrade for all CT Comcast high speed subcribers.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 12:56:31 am »
yeah, this is national.. started a couple weeks ago..  nice how they let everyone know.. :rolleyes:

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 01:07:44 am »
actually i think they sent out an email, but that was long before CT got the upgrade.

The only reason i found this out was because i signed up for the free Rhapsody radio account on comcast.net that all comcast subscribers now are entitled to with their subscription. There are some pretty good stations to listen to and you can even skip songs if one comes up that you dont want to hear.

If the breakfast sells SBDs on Rhapsody do you have any idea if tracks get played on Rapsody radio too? I heard them playing some addison on one of the jam stations. There is also a Bonnaroo station, so lets hope the breakfast gets added to the festival eventually and soon has good show/recording that can be put on there.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 07:34:59 pm »
another speed increase for Comcast users.. been hearing about it for a couple weeks, and i\'m finally seeing it. didn\'t even need a modem reboot either!

definitely downloading at 6+ Mbps right now.. not bad for free..

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 03:43:56 pm »
When I had cable they doubled their speed.  Then I went back to DSL.  DSL = slow!
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.