Author Topic: Gathering of the Vibes; Bridgeport, CT  (Read 1880 times)

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
Gathering of the Vibes; Bridgeport, CT
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 12:37:22 am »
fuck, def forgot about the stream.  boo me!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2010, 11:09:56 am »
I was just on a torrent site and someone had taped Kimock and NRPS via the simulcast; did anyone happen to do this for the Fu? The fest is still going on so we shall see when the ashes come to rest after it all goes down.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2010, 02:30:56 am »
wishin i was still there.... Fu set was amazing, hope it was captured in some media form!
Where to next?

stublatt

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2010, 02:30:37 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/v/XvagCjzGFoY&hl=en_US&fs=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/XvagCjzGFoY&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2010, 06:37:41 pm »
Love this song! it is called Levenger, it was written by Todd pre RAQ when he played with a band called Contraption.  

All streams wind on~

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 10:22:51 am »
Quote from: frolfer;259846
I was just on a torrent site and someone had taped Kimock...

Where did you find this? The only things that have surfaced on etree so far is Primus and Furthur... I\'d love to nab the Kimock set!
Where to next?

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2010, 11:59:05 am »
this was an amazing weekend and i couldn\'t help reflecting at times this weekend on the lack of effort on a lot of my friends to support this awesome festival. i\'m just saying!

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2010, 12:31:32 pm »
what he said!

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2010, 12:38:14 pm »
Quote from: oldnewbie;259894
this was an amazing weekend and i couldn\'t help reflecting at times this weekend on the lack of effort on a lot of my friends to support this awesome festival. i\'m just saying!

savin up for the big up this weekend. should be 100x better than gotv.
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2010, 12:44:37 pm »

Duane

How was the crowd ? Similar to other years or ?

I must say it was a little weird being home and not at the festival. We tried not to think of it too much over the weekend but a little hard on the fat mans birthday.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2010, 12:47:33 pm »

I\'m not as big of a GD guy as many in the b\'fast scene.  I need to pick and choose where my money is going these days.  There were plenty of good acts playing, but nothing I was willing to spend $85 on a day pass or $200+ for a camping pass.  

The bands I really wanted support were Kung Fu and Turbine, but unfortunately their set times just didn\'t work with my schedule.  Just because I didn\'t make it to Vibes though didn\'t mean I didn\'t support the acts I cared about.  I spread the word as much as I could leading up to the festival.  I just couldn\'t be present myself
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2010, 02:26:44 pm »
i\'m not being critical of anyones personal or specific decision. i just find it disappointing that there is this huge awesome hippie festival in our back yard.....and it does not incude a bfam scene. Nik...i would never criticize your commitment... i just missed you!

as to the attendance mike...it was down. i hear that they are very disappointed. on the flip side...it was the best "vibe" Vibes that i\'ve ever been to. the weather was excellent, no gas and chill security! hopefully that will spark a big comeback for next year. that and kung fu graduating to the main stage.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2010, 02:47:32 pm »
Quote from: oldnewbie;259905
i\'m not being critical of anyones personal or specific decision. i just find it disappointing that there is this huge awesome hippie festival in our back yard.....and it does not incude a bfam scene. Nik...i would never criticize your commitment... i just missed you!

as to the attendance mike...it was down. i hear that they are very disappointed. on the flip side...it was the best "vibe" Vibes that i\'ve ever been to. the weather was excellent, no gas and chill security! hopefully that will spark a big comeback for next year. that and kung fu graduating to the main stage.

Of course Duane...didn\'t take it like that at all :)

Unfortunately I think a lot of the numbers had to do with price and acts.  Expensive day and weekend passes combined with not putting together a lineup that really appeals to the younger audience (like Camp Bisco, Nateva, Big Up, etc) might have had an effect on the numbers.  I know that vibes is marketed more toward the "older" crowd, but you can\'t forget about the kidzzz.  They are an important demographic in a festival that size.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2010, 02:52:36 pm »
i think thats what primus.....and kung fu  ;) were about.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2010, 08:07:28 pm »
does anyone know if this set got recorded?
Where to next?