Author Topic: (Disco) Biscuits for Breakfast(.info)  (Read 41184 times)

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
(Disco) Biscuits for Breakfast(.info)
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2009, 04:53:41 pm »
:yawn:
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Spunk

• http://www.rezi.org
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2009, 05:58:03 pm »
the disco biscuits are garbage

peaches626

« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2009, 07:02:53 pm »
that is indeed a great set Nick.

If you have it, you should post the segment with the Sister Judys from Camp IV...I miss that song.

and Elisa, why are you yawning? I thought you liked the Biscuits..

^^^^BennyBoomers Incognito
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 07:02:53 pm by peaches626 »
taints rule, gypsies drool!

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2009, 09:32:24 pm »
I love the light set up they had for Camp IV.  I remember several times really just looking up and looking at the display over my head.  It added a very cool effect to what they had going on musically and on-stage.  

I can\'t remember...did they have the 4-foot stage lights for this?  i think they had them for NYE \'05 too?  I loved those.

Benny Booms...i will add the Sister Judy\'s if I come across it.

Everyone else...I would especially listen to the first part of the first set.  My favorite part is the Astronaut > Stone > DW > Robots segment...So so so good.

The segue into robots is CRAZY.  If you would like to hear \'Evil Clown Music\' segued directly into the most 5 minute Triumphant, \'Harry Hood-like, ridiculous jam (maybe ever) check out the DW > Robots specifically.  It will not disappoint
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 09:39:01 pm by NickNels »
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Todaysparkles

• The Breakfast Blondie
    • http://www.myspace.com/todaysparkles
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2009, 10:41:08 pm »
If you are going to \'bring back the sammy years\' what are you doing posting his last show when you have the opportunity to throw some crazy fucking fantastic shit out. Particularly if you are choosing to present a show with songs that are basically not even played at all anymore (stone/waltz, acetobee :pout:). Yes, probably the best show I saw in 06 (not saying much)
I think Haymaker, Nights, Meatcamp, Trancemission rightfully deserve to make appearances in this thread. Or even some of the wild local shows at the Webster ..4/12, 11/28 or 11/29/03.
If I wasn\'t so busy I would dole out tons of this epicness. I\'ll get on it STAT
Seasons don't fear the reaper

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2009, 11:53:02 pm »
Quote from: princesscaspian;218849
:yawn:

i thought you like TDB...
DS Newbers

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2009, 12:11:56 am »
Quote from: Todaysparkles;218873
If you are going to \'bring back the sammy years\' what are you doing posting his last show when you have the opportunity to throw some crazy fucking fantastic shit out. Particularly if you are choosing to present a show with songs that are basically not even played at all anymore (stone/waltz, acetobee :pout:). Yes, probably the best show I saw in 06 (not saying much)
I think Haymaker, Nights, Meatcamp, Trancemission rightfully deserve to make appearances in this thread. Or even some of the wild local shows at the Webster ..4/12, 11/28 or 11/29/03.
If I wasn\'t so busy I would dole out tons of this epicness. I\'ll get on it STAT

never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2009, 08:08:51 am »
Quote from: Todaysparkles;218873

i think nick is working in reverse chronological order. the first several posts are all allen shows. we\'re now at the end of the sammy years...probably skipping all of \'04 and we\'ll find ourselves around 11/29/03 in no time...it\'s kind of like LOST
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Todaysparkles

• The Breakfast Blondie
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2009, 08:17:58 am »
True, I think you hit the nail on the head. Skipping 04 is crazy talk though!
I appreciate you starting this thread NN. I intend on doing the same for BP, in hopes that people will actually give them a shot.

NickNels

« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2009, 10:15:58 am »
This project just became a little bit more difficult.  I had a great word document with a bunch of SBD links, but apparently those have all been deleted due to a TOS violation.  Sonar \'05 is due up next.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2009, 10:51:48 am »
sonar is the teets. and TS, you\'re right...while most of \'04 is not worthy of this thread, there is one exception - the new year\'s run...maybe their best 5-night run ever
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

NickNels

« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2009, 11:34:02 am »
Quote from: zuke583;218910
sonar is the teets. and TS, you\'re right...while most of \'04 is not worthy of this thread, there is one exception - the new year\'s run...maybe their best 5-night run ever

NYE \'04 was definitely a great run of shows.  They are truly underrated, especially by those who were not there.

I would have to disagree about the best 5 night run ever though.  I would have to give that to 7/23/03 - 7/27/03 Colorado run.  I think the sound they had going during most of 2003 was stylistically my favorite Biscuits.

Todaysparkles

• The Breakfast Blondie
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2009, 04:35:29 pm »
1/2/04 At the Electric Factory was an amazing set. My favorite dribble experience, hands down (though it\'s only a part). I listen to this set often.

5/9/04 The first time the Biscuits played the Starland, was also a hot ass show.

New Year\'s run was good. I loved 12.27 at the Palace Bullets, Judys CRATER!! drool drool drool.

Georgetown was the worst Biscuits experience I have ever had
(\'No Pain\' being the icing on the cake :vomit:)

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2009, 08:02:29 pm »
Quote from: Todaysparkles;218982
Georgetown was the worst Biscuits experience I have ever had
(\'No Pain\' being the icing on the cake :vomit:)
^^^
ha this was my third or fourth biscuits show. i really didn\'t know their performance style at all (i basically showed up at their shows expecting to hear things exactly how they were played on uncivilized area/senor boombox :lol:) honestly, all i really remember about this show was how much of a nasty sweatbox the gym that they played in was that evening.

NickNels

« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2009, 04:55:31 pm »
Day 12:

5/27/05 Sonar; Baltimore, MD

This was the best show from 2004-05.  First time the Biscuits had played this hole.  Definitely not the greatest venue...pillars on the dance floor blocking the sound, almost inaccessible bars, condensation dripping from the ceilings, but the Biscuits threw down hard.  This show has a very good flow from start to finish.  The music actually really fit well with the ambiance that room created.

My favorite segments are the Pygmy > Morph (Inverted) > Spaga and the Triumph > Boop (Inverted) > Nughuffer (end).

I am uploading the entire show so check it out.

05/27/05 Sonar Lounge, Baltimore, MD
Set I: King of the World> Digital Buddha, Once The Fiddler Paid, Pygmy Twylyte> Morph Dusseldorf1> Spaga, Chemical Warfare Brigade
Set II: Triumph> Little Betty Boop1> Nughuffer2, Plan B> Crickets3> Shem-Rah Boo
Encore: Confrontation

1 inverted
2 ending only
3 unfinished

link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TFVTAU3Q (SBD MP3 256)