Author Topic: The Breakfast added to the Wormtown Music Festival  (Read 2300 times)

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
The Breakfast added to the Wormtown Music Festival
« on: June 29, 2005, 01:18:54 pm »
I didnt see a post and I got an e-mail from wormtown that the breakfats have been added to the line up.

http://www.wormtown.com

The 6th Annual Wormtown Music Festival, September 16, 17 & 18, 2005... at Heath County Fairgrounds in Heath MA
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 05:23:25 pm »
Awesome!

Thanks for the info, KindM\'s.

This is a postive addition to the gig schedule. Thinks are all pointing Breakfast this summer.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 05:24:09 pm »
mike,good looks..
always a cool festival.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Whathefunk

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 05:26:31 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s
I didnt see a post and I got an e-mail from wormtown that the breakfats have been added to the line up.

http://www.wormtown.com

The 6th Annual Wormtown Music Festival, September 16, 17 & 18, 2005... at Heath County Fairgrounds in Heath MA

The first MA bfast show of the school year to be a fest!!!! thats f\'n ser! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

inertia1215

• Withdrawn
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 05:50:06 pm »
anyone been to worntown in the past?? How is it?? What kinda crowd....etc etc, don\'t really know anything about it, but seems interesting.
~The world would be a better place if everyone  danced.~

~Turn on, tune in, drop out.~

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 06:46:28 pm »
what would you like to know.? I have done all of the wormtown festivals (they didnt have 1 last year) and all of the strangecreek festivals as well.

http://www.wormtown.com is their site. Mark and Gabrielle are some of the nicest people you would ever meet (they own wormtown and run the fests). This is going to be the first festival they have had at this site.

Their festivals are a lot of fun. the crowd is usually made up of a large Max Creek fanbase and a bunch of others but Max Creek and the Worms have been doing shows together for a long time. There is a heavy emphasis on children and childrens activities. Gabrielle runs the Kids tent and they have all sorts of stuff for the little kids to do. They usually have activities scheduled throughout the day and in to the wee hours (unlike GOTV in this regards). It is usually a really kick ass party
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Whathefunk

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 07:05:19 pm »
just did the mapquest and its under an hour from amherst.....so i\'m officially psyched for this end of summer/early fall weekend that will be a nice break after attending my first couple weeks in classes.  Awesome.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 07:09:44 pm »
Quote from: Whathefunk
just did the mapquest and its under an hour from amherst......

Where do you live in Amherst and what is your major?

Did you attend any of the Butterfield/Quadfest/Iron Horse/Fire+Water shows?  If not, they were some of the best PB performances to date.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

WALSH

• Mahoney
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 07:11:51 pm »
Definately doing this...I would hope the Breakfast will be a headliner??
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

Whathefunk

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 07:15:21 pm »
Unfortunately i am a lil young and too much of a newb to have attended those shows ... but i have heard some of the tapes (namely butterfield) and wish to god everytime i do that i coulda been there...but right now im goin to be a junior studying political science and going to umass is how i first heard bout the band.  Saw a flyer on the door at worcester dc and caught a show at iron horse...went back the next day and ripped the poster right off the door!!!  I was completely sold from that point on.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 07:32:57 pm »
Unfortunately i am a lil young and too much of a newb to have attended those shows ... but i have heard some of the tapes (namely butterfield) and wish to god everytime i do that i coulda been there...but right now im goin to be a junior studying political science and going to umass is how i first heard bout the band.  Saw a flyer on the door at worcester dc and caught a show at iron horse...went back the next day and ripped the poster right off the door!!!  I was completely sold from that point on.

When Wolfman and I went to UMass the PB scene was bumping.  Most of the shows were sellouts.  I\'m not sure what the fanbase is like out there now, though I\'m assuming most of the old fans have moved elsewhere.  A couple strong advocates of The Breakfast can make a big impact on the UMass scene, especially if you know people living in Upper Central.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Whathefunk

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 07:39:31 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu

When Wolfman and I went to UMass the PB scene was bumping.  Most of the shows were sellouts.  I\'m not sure what the fanbase is like out there now, though I\'m assuming most of the old fans have moved elsewhere.  A couple strong advocates of The Breakfast can make a big impact on the UMass scene, especially if you know people living in Upper Central.

Yea i hear ya...i\'ve got some younger freinds living in butterfield this year so i will do my best to get the word out.  I\'ve already clued on a bunch of people up there i just hope they clue on some others...when some shows are booked for the upcoming semester i will be more than happy to do flyers and post posters all around campus and in town....anything to get the same feeling back and have a sellout as a sort of welcome back home away from home for the band.

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 07:09:44 pm »
Wormtown Music Festival has been moved
We\'ve moved back to Camp Kee-wanee!!!!
We\'re very excited to come back and the Town is warm in welcoming us back!
This is now a limited ticket show at 2,000 people.

But don\'t worry all tickets that read Heath WILL be honored...
We hope everyone is as pleased with our move as we are!

AT CAMP CREEK, THIS WEEKEND ONLY----

We\'re doing a Vibes/WormFest Combo-Ticket Sale.
You can get your Combo for only $130-

Which is savings of $25, I\'m sure you can think of other places to spend that cash!

Stay in touch and SPREAD THE WORD!

Peace and Love
- MommyWorm

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2005, 09:42:51 pm »
im down for this. shit only 60 bucks. you guys think a lot of ppl will show up for this and should I get my tickets early?

checked the homepage for wormtown didnt see hte breakfast on there. is this definate. i wish not to buy tickets to a non-breakfast related show.

just did a mapquest check and its within driving distance, just under 2 1/2 hrs
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 09:47:13 pm by Rujah »
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

inertia1215

• Withdrawn
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2005, 02:25:08 pm »
little bumparoo on this thread.....

so who\'s goin....just checkin it out and it definitly looks like it will be worth the drive!
~The world would be a better place if everyone  danced.~

~Turn on, tune in, drop out.~