Author Topic: Official Rumors Thread  (Read 68917 times)

BigMamaBlueberry

• om nom nom nom
  • Administrator
    • http://www.blueberrydreams.com
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #720 on: April 12, 2011, 11:38:29 pm »
Since this is the rumors thread, let\'s get back on track.  I have a real heady scoop:

My best friend\'s sister\'s boyfriend\'s brother\'s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who\'s going with this girl, that The Breakfast are going to be in Goshen, NH from July 15-17th.  I guess it\'s pretty serious.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #721 on: April 12, 2011, 11:54:22 pm »
Quote from: LBoogie;267922
Quote from: kindm\'s;267891
Quote from: bdfreetuna;267887
New rumor:

I turned down the Bella Terra advertising job because Lauren Pierro is on a war path against me, trying to get me "fired". I\'m not one to get "fired", my work is in exceptional demand and I have no problem at all turning down accounts where one of their employees insists on insulting me and the company I couldn\'t be prouder than to work for.

Best of luck to Bella Terra, the guy who runs it is a great guy.

Lauren Pierro, I will make sure anybody who doesn\'t know it already knows just what kind of person you are. You didn\'t need to make an enemy of me, but you insisted on doing so.

And I hope you realize what you have done is going to only hurt Bella Terra, as they will not find as good an ad agency as mine. Wake of destruction, indeed. Nice work ;)

Lauren if you went out of your way to get someone pushed off a project that is seriously fucked up.

He was let go the second he fucked up by posting untrue line up info on a public board.  Not so smart.  The promoter read this thread as well and well, lets just say we all had a great laugh.  Joke.  All of it.  But the replacement is one of the best.....so im psyched for the fuck up.  And im sure the replacement won\'t leak lineup info or act as if he\'s worked for the company for years.  You wanna work in the industry?  Follow the fucking rules.  Its really that simple.

What I get from this is that maybe you got lucky Tuna. If what she posts is true and the promoter thinks her total lack of professionalism in this thread was funny as well... maybe you don\'t want to work for people like that.
The facts as I see them. Bella Terra 2 bit fest that needs lots of help in web design.
You got the gig and made a post in a RUMOR thread on a board of a band not even affiliated to the fest. (Hell I have half a mind to hit pretty much every message board there is and say that band is playing the fest but that would actually give cause for someone to investigate said fest and fuck that.)
Another person employed by the people that employed you saw it and overreacted and proceeded to act very unprofessional and in doing so gave the people she works for a bad name. You either got let go as she says or you declined. Either way the fact is you will not be getting that cash specifically due to one person acting in a horrible manner.
That is fucked.
For the record LBoogie whoever Holly wants to screw around with is pretty much her business right? So who cares anyway. Great way to stay professional. You know what the professional thing to do would have been. Of course you don\'t but I\'ll fill you in. Ignore the insults. Pretty much rule #1
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:45:34 am by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #722 on: April 13, 2011, 06:51:10 am »
Well, Leith, I appreciate it.

But regardless of whatever role Lauren is playing here, I wouldn\'t let that reflect badly on the festival. I guess it\'s not a huge festival... maybe 3000 people I\'m estimating? But that\'s just about the ideal size for a festival IMO anyway.

In my talks with the actual promoter of the festival, he has been nothing but professional, and I understand the stress of putting on a festival and then having to deal with this rediculous drama. It is my clear understanding that he did not think any of this was funny, at all. Which is why I\'m trying to set the record straight and hopefully we can all move on. He is right to be pissed, although I feel like what\'s said on .info only reaches a few eyeballs won\'t affect perception of the festival at all in the grand scheme of things, I can see why he\'d be concerned.

The fact is that I did decline the job, after hearing that Lauren was trying to get me fired anyway. I was starting to have second thoughts about it as soon as Boogie began to have words with me at all. This is pretty much irrelevant, though. I would have been pleased to work for Bella Terra, I was not pleased to be in this particular position.

Anyway let\'s keep away from Bella Terra bashing. What\'s happened is no poor reflection on them at all. AFAIK Lauren is a volunteer and doesn\'t exactly represent the festival in any serious way.

That quote, in the giant quote sandwich there, is an example of one I wish I never made on the forum. I felt like I wanted to respond to Lauren, but in the end, the only satisfaction I\'ve gained is by trying to smooth over the situation and set straight any misconceptions about the festival.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:00:54 am by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #723 on: April 13, 2011, 09:29:44 am »
I haven\'t seen the bfam this united on a topic in a long time...if not ever....In the wake of destruction we found harmony :)
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Branch

Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #724 on: April 13, 2011, 09:34:36 am »
so any chance of tb or kf playin at this fest is lost? hypetheticaly speaking of coarse.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #725 on: April 13, 2011, 09:58:08 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;267939
Alright, it\'s time to move on from all this.

To set the record straight, Bella Terra will probably not be featuring Breakfast, I can\'t speak for any other bands as I have no idea. I had spoken to members of The Breakfast to see if they were interested in playing the festival, and initially my impression was that the promoter had wanted me to make this contact.

In the end, apparently I overstepped my bounds, not knowing that I was stepping on anyone\'s toes. I was simply trying to help.

Working in advertising, I didn\'t think it was a bad idea to post a rumor to stir up excitement about the festival. Now I have been educated as to why this can potentially cause trouble.

I apologize to Lauren for any insults or statements of a personal nature made openly. Both mine and those which stemmed from this discussion getting out of control and people taking sides. I cannot help what other people say or think, only you can do that.

The Bella Terra promoters have proven to me to be reasonable and professional, and I\'m sure they are going to put on quite the festival this summer.

I hope we can all move on to more interesting topics of conversation.

Classy move Tuna

Quote from: LBoogie;267957
so so so sad.  oh.  saw the big up website.  serious rip off of a much bigger festival.....what a fucking riot.  LMAO  learn how to build your own shit

He just appologized, why would you just start shit up again?

Quote from: LBoogie;267960
Quote from: bdfreetuna;267958
oh, Boogie.

I didn\'t do the Big Up website. But yeah, a web site based on John Aruny\'s artwork is totally unoriginal. Are you even ser?

I did point to the Big Up site as an example of a good festival website of the quality I think anyone should be shooting for, and which I could actually easily surpass. The fact is I create some of the best websites you can get. 300+ clients. I don\'t appreciate you trying to sabotage this particular job for me, but I\'ll get by.

What\'s sad, I think, is that I just apologized to you, taking the high road here, and encouraged everyone to take it easy on you -- and you still feel the need to stir things up. You should consider how your conduct reflects on the people you\'re working for. I learned my lesson. Did you?

You can say whatever you want, maybe I\'ll respond to you, but I\'m not going to get heated any more. My apology is sincere, whether you are mature enough to accept it and apologize as well or not.

i dont recall an apology.  nor do i need one.  i asked you not to post false lineup info on a public board.  you continued.  and here we are.

and all of your idiotic minions have proved my point about the ridiculousness of this board.  btw.  i think some of those clients belong to your papa.  but its cool to ride coat tails.   i meet people who do that all the time :)

This "minion" was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but that is hard to do after your last series of posts.  You had an opportunity to take the high road (more than once), but instead you decided to keep digging that grave.  I hope it was worth it to alienate yourself from a group of friends by saying some fucked up shit on the interwebs.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

jking

• thanks!!
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #726 on: April 13, 2011, 10:40:13 am »
i gotta say, from an outsider\'s perspective. lboogie really looks like trash.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #727 on: April 13, 2011, 11:19:24 am »
this thread is like a really bad car wreck, I can\'t help but keep coming back for another look...
Where to next?

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #728 on: April 13, 2011, 11:51:23 am »
lboogie you do realize you are trying to humiliate the most passionate breakfast fans in america dont you ?  a band that you were obsessed with for years and made a real annoying mark on us all ?  its pretty ridiculous how you think you are so much better than all of us when you\'re really just fighting a war by yourself.  i would never play a festival where the promoter treated the fans like shit.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 12:10:42 pm by bezerker »
*Gia*

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #729 on: April 13, 2011, 12:11:53 pm »
It\'s nothing to do with the promoter. He\'s a good guy who treats the bands well and I\'m sure guests of the festival just as well. LBoogie is speaking for herself, and since I believe the promoter will be returning to this forum to probably read this thread again, he can make his own judgement about what\'s continuing to take place.

That is also why I\'m hoping we can tone down the personal comments and move on from this discussion. I can\'t help if Boogie has made beef with just about the whole Breakfast community, but let\'s not allow it to reflect badly on all of us.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

stublatt

Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #730 on: April 13, 2011, 12:23:54 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;267993
this thread is like a really bad car wreck, I can\'t help but keep coming back for another look...

ditto

Branch

Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #731 on: April 13, 2011, 12:31:16 pm »
dear concert promoters:        the band itself has absolutely nothing to do with any of the crap you read on this forum.       ~The Breakfast~

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #732 on: April 13, 2011, 12:58:33 pm »
I had a lboogie cheapshot posted before I read the whole thread, but now that I\'ve read it all, there\'s no need to pile on...I\'m late to the party and I can\'t possibly do better than most of the comments that are already here.

Thanks for the gold everyone!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:21:28 pm by Wolfman »

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #733 on: April 13, 2011, 01:20:57 pm »
i was just thinking the other day how this epic thread by klout has stood the test of time and become possibly the greatest ever...after just coming on here and reading this due to lex messaging me on FB and telling me .info has the best action since \'07, I know pronounce this thread the greatest of all time.  Cheers breakfast.info.  All the heavy hitters are coming back for this melee, simply incredible.  Now all we need is a post by Dave Peck in here for the icing on the cake.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:38:07 pm by ds673488 »
DS Newbers

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Official Rumors Thread
« Reply #734 on: April 13, 2011, 02:15:49 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;268005
I had a lboogie cheapshot posted before I read the whole thread, but now that I\'ve read it all, there\'s no need to pile on...I\'m late to the party and I can\'t possibly do better than most of the comments that are already here.

Thanks for the gold everyone!

thats a shame too, cuz a cheapshot from wolfman must\'ve been amazing.